or Connect

Posts by Elmer

And here I thought I was playing "actual golf"! I will have to tell some of the old timer's that they have spent the last 40 years playing something else!  Once again this is not the Master's, It is a weekly golf league with a few golf trips thrown in. We play match & stroke play and the only people who are "cheating" with not taking a stroke and distance are those who hit their ball OB and chose not to take a stroke and distance. So the only cheaters are those who avail...
  1-My league has been around for 70 years. We have a 2 hour window to get 30, 2 somes off. so the pace of play works well, especially when some of our membership are older and not as mobile. So the dropping at a OB is strictly for pace of play. This is not the masters tournament, this is a beer league. 2-we play at a muni that suffers from divots, up keep, flooding and brown outs and once again this is not the masters! (and we dont penalize when someone asks what club to...
1st off, I am not quitting the league. I joined the league first and badgered him for years to join. SO if anyone is quitting it is him. I intent to play in this league for 30 more years!   2nd, his typical round, which he plays 3 times a week. Is to go out with a bunch of guys (hackers) they usually play the same course. They play 18, no side bets just hacking the ball around and patting themselves on the shoulders at the end.   Regarding league play, we have strict...
 First off, I think this has everything to do with confronting a cheater, but is complicated by who the cheater is. Had the cheater been some random golfer, I would call them out and pray for the fury of golf G*ds to reign down upon them. However this is someone who I am tied to and while I can not golf with him, I would still encounter him on holidays. That being said, the individual is very competitive and I dont know that proud of being called out by me would enter the...
As addressed previously in another thread http://thesandtrap.com/t/68046/how-to-handle-a-cheater, my father is a cheater, We are approaching my league's end of year get away trip and tournament. This year I won my flight, but lost the championship. There is also talk of nominating me as an officer. With that in mind I can no longer condone my father's cheating.   A little extra info. He does not cheat during league, regular season match play. But then again we are...
My golf league ends tonight (which I playing for the championship),I have our fall get away for my league and atleast another round, but when you are married and have young kids and spend alot of time being "Mr Mom", your fall ball is limited. And up here in the northeast the sun starts to set early, which means during the week I would have leave work super early to get 18 in. And I just cant afford to take that time off ( I save it for  the summer time)
I try, and try and try but I tend to fall off the wagon come summer time. My wife follows Medifast (which works for her), but considering she is out of work all summer long we may order out a little more often.Not to mention during the summer time I seem to either be at a cook out or hosting a cookout and the beer just flows. We find outselves at amusement parks or someplace with the kids and it can be difficult to be healthy, but we try.Lastly I play in my golf league and...
It is that time of year again, golf season is over and time to start getting in shape for next year.  Along with my lifting and running/walking routine I am changing up my diet. Cutting out junk and eating healthy.   I have breakfasts and dinners and mid day snacks all taken care of, however lunches are tough.   I try to eat healthy and inexpensive, my typical lunch is 1/2 cup rice,  1/2 cup black beans and a dap of franks red hot. Or I have a salad with some left over...
I am in upstate NY, so we can have hot days and cold days and days inbetween. The course I play has water on the 4th, 7th. 10th & 16th. However sometimes they are not filled and not cold. And my home course is hilly so it is a tough walk!   I take a diuretic and drink water all day, beer on the course. Of course I never find myself having to relieve myself on the course, which tells me I am probably dehydrated. 
I did not know how to properly label this thread. Anyway I play in a 9 hole league every week. I start the year by promising myself I will not have any beer on the course. Inevitably once I have a bad hole I declare to heck with it and have a beer and turn the round around (not due to the beer). However as the season progresses I find myself throwing 2 beers and a cold bottle of water in the my bag and never touching the water.   Just looking for any tips on staying...