or Connect

Posts by Elmer

So to get back to the OP, I went and played 18 with the individual in the OP. I watched closely in preperation for our outing. We were just out there knocking the ball around, which to me means, we were not playing for $, no nassua's, not bets. Therefore I never asked his score and therefore I did not call him out. I went and played my game by the rules of Golf. At the end of the round, which I shot an 89 on a course I have never been on before.  I did take a peek at his...
Where have I said I dont add a stroke?Where have I said "steal a stroke"I said the courses I play wont let me retee my 3rd shot (1-tee, 2 lost ball, 3 retee, hitting 4), instead I tee (1), lost (2) lying (4)  Just because I did not specifically say it, dont assume.
I should have elaborated on "hitting" into people. I dont knowingly aim at people, but on occasion you get all of it.One the occasion with the women, I hit to the approach after they left the approach. They all left the approach and went to the green. Then they all went back to the green. My ball landed on the approach and rolled to the green.On the other occasion, they drove down my fairway when they were playing the fairway that runs parallel and drove right into my shot...
During league matches we have 1 score card and 1 person keeps score for the 2 person match. However I tend to keep a score card for me with putts & stats etc....I find that most times during my matches my opponent knows my score right as I drain a putt. I find more people cheat during outings, when you are no longer keeping an eye on 1 opponent, but playing in a 4 some, against all 4. You are filling up from the keg at the turn and playing a 6 hour round because the group...
I should have added this to my last post, but it will not let me edit.That being said I carry a 5i that I do not hit well, either off a tee or turf. However I have hit it well once or twice which has kept it in my bag. I do have a Nickent 5H which I can sometimes hit well, but for some reason the 5 Hybrid goes atleast 15 yards further than my 5 iron, which throws everything off. not to mention that I feel silly being a 40 year old and resorting to a 5 hybrid makes me feel...
I actually hit my 5W rather well, but never find myself at that distance.  I do avoid hitting my 5i, since I tend to leave the face open causing a nasty shank. So I will go down a club and stay straight. My 7 wood is an old Bertha and I have to imagine a new 3H would be easier to hit than this club. But all my clubs go high in the air. I hit nothing low, due to my swing angle.     D 260 3W 230 5W 215 4H 200 5i   185 6i 175 7i 165 8i 155 9i 145 pw 135 gw...
My bag current has: Driver 3w, 5w, 4H, 5i -gw, 56, 60 Putter This is 14 clubs. The issue I have is carrying clubs I don't use. When my drivers working correctly I can usually carry 260 on the drive, which leaves me short iron into the green. Therefore my woods, hybrids and Long irons are basically being used off the tee and par 3s. I carry a 5w to allow me 215 off the tee, otherwise it is rarely used. Over the years I've toyed with dropping the five word for a 4hybrid...
The guy that runs our league tournaments is geeked up about playing from the blues (tips). Every tournamant he wants everyone going from the tips because that is where he plays from.PGA recommends that a bogie or higher move up. We have a 30 guys who are 50+ years old and 5 of those guys are 65 and up. They barked about playing from the tips and the tournament chair just indicates "we are all playing from the tips and it is a all fair". atleast 5 guys took themselves out...
 This is the first I have read this and could not agree more.I came to golf later than most, but not too late (in my mid 30's).I had 20 years of playing drum kit and I find them both to be very similar.When you are on a stage and playing mid-song, you can not think of the approaching fill heading into the chorus, you just have to feel it. you have to know what you are doing but be on autopilot.I think this is the same for a golf swing.However I have yet to get my mind out...
The league handicapping System has him at an 8 (4 per 9). The league plays 9 hole matches a week.His pile of score cards at home are all littered with pars. His idea of a handicap is more like an average IE: "I shoot alot of pars there fore I am a par golfer".He refuses to admit that he is flawed IE" if I ever shot a 50 for 90 holes I would kill myself"his idea of being "good at golf" is shooting par every round.  Tournament wise, yes. There are usually prizes or money for...