or Connect

Posts by Elmer

Just picked up a Razr X Black with Fujikura Motore F8 stiff shaft
I have a Nickent 5 hybrid. I like it alot, easy to hit, forgiving. However I lose some distance because It gets the ball too high into the air!
 No idea of the angle of attack.But all the stats I posted were from hitting a 9.5I am also stumped because my teachers recommended the 10.5 based on viewing my shots as they dont use a launch monitor.The GG guy uses a simulator, which does not show the actual ball flying through the air.I find it funny that going to Golf Galaxy, and hitting on a simulator in from of 3 different people, each of these people all said to go with a 9.5.As my wife said "they are just trying to...
So I Just got tested hitting a 9.5 Stiff at Golf Galaxy 104 to 106 swing speed 136 ball speed 3600 spin. launch angle in 11.5 to 11.9 I hit about 6 balls and only 1 of them was slicing to the right. Most were down the center. The salesguy assured me that a 9.5 is the way to go, especially with a stiff shaft. He said that if I go 10.5 & stiff I would just get way too much launch angle. Now is he giving me honest feed back, or trying to just sell me a club? a week ago my...
Just got tested hitting a 9.5 Stiff. 104 to 106 swing speed 136 ball speed 3600 spin. launch angle in 11.5 to 11.9 So do I need a 9.5?
Thanks for advice. I have been taking aleve twice a day, but am always fearfull of taking it for too long. I was also using icey/hot when it was sore, but have also used some organic peppermint, capscain mixture which is like icey hot. I was looking at taking some of that joint juice but it tends to be pricey and I don't know if it is worth it.   My issue now is just to get by and manage what pain I have, when I have it. When I had initially gone to the dr in...
Thanks for info. Based on the way I have been hitting it, I may stick with the 10.5, but just switch to a stiff shaft!
I had a torn right shoulder labrum. Tore in '92 playing lacrosse. I had surgery on 12/16/09. From there I did 6 weeks in a sling with no mobility, followed by 6 weeks of PT, 2x a week. I went into PT telling the therapist my league started in mid april and I HAD to be ready. As much as she told me I might not be, I responded with I am playing!!!! 6 weeks of physical therapy followed by stretching at home, i loosened up pretty quickly. I was actually swining in my garage...
My doctor diagnosed me with slight shoulder tendonitis. I went through a round of Physical therapy and it got better. However in the last few weeks It have been bothering me. My attempt at doing yoga, to loosen up a stiff back just made it worse. I am 1 month away from golf season and starting to get in golf shape, swinging and searching for a new driver. I have been lifting barbells (25 lbs) and shoulder press (10lbs) to build up arms and shoulders. I also compliment...
I currently use a Burner 10.5 regular shaft. I had gone to Golf Galaxy and was put on a launch monitor. I found out my swing speed is 105, with a 12 launch angle. Most my mistake shots are left, due to the shaft snapping.   It was recommend to me to get a 9.5 stiff shaft.  I was looking at a callaway fit black. Yesterday I went and hit my first bucket of balls for the season, followed by testing the Callaway, infront of my teaching pro. My aim was...