or Connect

Posts by Elmer

Thanks for the help. I used to carry a 60 degree volkey. However since I walk I want to lighten my load and I found I was chipping around the green with my 60 way too much, and with little success. I may add it back for tournaments or at a later date, so I can carry 50/56/60. But I have been trying to use the 56 or 54 with an open face for higher shots. I am trying to learn to be versatile
I am trying to decide between 2 similar clubs. I want to carry only 3 wedges, PW(46) GW(50) & ? My choices are 54 with 8 bounce or 56 with 14 bounce Both Volkey spin milled. I had been carrying the 54 because it would give me just a little extra distance that the 56 does not. But it kills me on short, soft, half swing shots. During a lesson with my PGA pro, we were working on short game, 70 yards in, and I was hitting the 56. I noticed it was smoother and felt more...
I have been regripping on an off for a year. Some clubs are easy when it comes to removing old tape, some not so much. I tend to spray the tape down with some miracle spirits and then scrap. sometimes it peels right off, sometimes I spend an hour. I find my thumb is the best most effective tool. I just bought a big bottle of Goo Be Goone. I am going to try this. But I am just throwing it out there to see what anyone else would suggest, (aside from a...
Just picked up a Razr X Black with Fujikura Motore F8 stiff shaft
I have a Nickent 5 hybrid. I like it alot, easy to hit, forgiving. However I lose some distance because It gets the ball too high into the air!
 No idea of the angle of attack.But all the stats I posted were from hitting a 9.5I am also stumped because my teachers recommended the 10.5 based on viewing my shots as they dont use a launch monitor.The GG guy uses a simulator, which does not show the actual ball flying through the air.I find it funny that going to Golf Galaxy, and hitting on a simulator in from of 3 different people, each of these people all said to go with a 9.5.As my wife said "they are just trying to...
So I Just got tested hitting a 9.5 Stiff at Golf Galaxy 104 to 106 swing speed 136 ball speed 3600 spin. launch angle in 11.5 to 11.9 I hit about 6 balls and only 1 of them was slicing to the right. Most were down the center. The salesguy assured me that a 9.5 is the way to go, especially with a stiff shaft. He said that if I go 10.5 & stiff I would just get way too much launch angle. Now is he giving me honest feed back, or trying to just sell me a club? a week ago my...
Just got tested hitting a 9.5 Stiff. 104 to 106 swing speed 136 ball speed 3600 spin. launch angle in 11.5 to 11.9 So do I need a 9.5?
Thanks for advice. I have been taking aleve twice a day, but am always fearfull of taking it for too long. I was also using icey/hot when it was sore, but have also used some organic peppermint, capscain mixture which is like icey hot. I was looking at taking some of that joint juice but it tends to be pricey and I don't know if it is worth it.   My issue now is just to get by and manage what pain I have, when I have it. When I had initially gone to the dr in...
Thanks for info. Based on the way I have been hitting it, I may stick with the 10.5, but just switch to a stiff shaft!