or Connect

Posts by Elmer

Once again thank you for the info. As to answer the question as to why I am the size I am, considering what I eat. I can only answer (unscientifically). My entire life I have been chubby. As I got older I maintained my beer gut. Even when I was a kid and playing Lacrosse, I was still chubby with a gut. I think I have very poor metabolism. I sit behind a desk all day, with exception of my 15 min & 30 minute walk. I keep really on pace with what I eat, except maybe one day...
I should also mention that according to the fitness app I use to track my food, they have me eating between 1300 & 1600 calories a day!
Thanks for the info. my balloning comes from the holiday season, when I became Gluttonous. Of course my wife was doing the same at the time. I have always ate basically what I have described. During the golf season I tend to eat a sandwich on golf days, instead of a salad. I also down a few beers. I have always had piss poor metabolism. I have fasted in the past (for religous reasons), but I can eat light or not at all, drop a few pounds, then eat 2 slices of pizza and...
So one month before the start of my golf season and I find myself at my heaviest, 224 on a 5’7” frame. my wife in now threatening to put me on medifast just to slim down, 20lbs. I should not say threaten, but it was suggested, since she is now down 25 and doing very well. I don’t eat a lot of junk food and I exercise as much as possible. I currently have a severely sore lower back and tendentious in my left shoulder ( I actually think I I was mis diagnosed, since it...
 Ditto Especially when it was big break with all the good looking women (blair Oneil et al...)   I think the lack of golf is the same as football on sundays. I know Fox get a double header and CBS carries 1 game and then they switch. I have always asked why they both dont have games on all day long. It is a contractual thing, it is a on air talent thing, it is TV production thing. I dont mind the rebroadcast, since I rarely watch it the 1st time. I like the...
Thanks for the advice. The Cobra I tried was just too light. I do like the Burner driver I have, but it is an R Flex and that is causing me to snap shots to the left. I think I am going to be picking up the Callaway Razr X black. It is noticably heavier and stiffer, but I was straight with it. Like I said I have a 105 swing speed and as the pro told me, If I ever learn to keep my body planted, instead of swinging out of my shoes or off my back foot, I could hit...
I recently went and was fitted for the new Taylormade Driver. The Pro suggested I go with a 10 (10.5 turn down ½ degree) and a stiff shaft. Since I don’t have the $400 to drop on the new Taylormade I sought out a more economical equivalent. After hitting a few clubs yesterday I came down to the Cobra 10.5 w/ stiff shaft or Callaway Razr X black 9.5 Stiff.   The callaway is a heavier club and it is noticeably heavier. However I was still carrying 250 on a cold day...
Thanks for the feedback. I just bought my wife a 12lb one with a dvd. I have compiled some youtube vids to get an idea of a workout.   Now the problem I have is figuring out to purchase a 25lb or 35lb. I understand that 35lb would be ideal for swings, now what if you add a swing/jerk and lift with the arms. Is 35 still the way to go? I do have a set of 25lb dumbells for lifting. I am just afraid if I start with the 25lb, that after a few weeks of swings I...
I am 220, 5'6" and 38 years old. I have always kept some weight on, especially since quitting smoking 7 years ago. I am in shape enough to job a mile in 12 mins and walk 18, while carrying my bag, but I am sore and tired the next day. I am far from in the shape I was in 10 years ago when I had returned to playing full field lacrosse.   I am also surprised at the amount of posting I have seen on the Interwebs about Kettle bells and heart monitors!   I was...
I hit my driver and woods further up in my stance, because I was taught to roll my wrists as a way of getting the club face square. I dont know if it is laziness or just quirky tempo, but I get there late. Therefore if I tee up the ball in the middle of my stance I shank it. for some reason when I set up closer to my toe I can drive the ball straighter. This just may be a mechanism for avoiding the slice that I have developed over the last few years.   My problem...