or Connect

Posts by Elmer

I had a torn right shoulder labrum. Tore in '92 playing lacrosse. I had surgery on 12/16/09. From there I did 6 weeks in a sling with no mobility, followed by 6 weeks of PT, 2x a week. I went into PT telling the therapist my league started in mid april and I HAD to be ready. As much as she told me I might not be, I responded with I am playing!!!! 6 weeks of physical therapy followed by stretching at home, i loosened up pretty quickly. I was actually swining in my garage...
My doctor diagnosed me with slight shoulder tendonitis. I went through a round of Physical therapy and it got better. However in the last few weeks It have been bothering me. My attempt at doing yoga, to loosen up a stiff back just made it worse. I am 1 month away from golf season and starting to get in golf shape, swinging and searching for a new driver. I have been lifting barbells (25 lbs) and shoulder press (10lbs) to build up arms and shoulders. I also compliment...
I currently use a Burner 10.5 regular shaft. I had gone to Golf Galaxy and was put on a launch monitor. I found out my swing speed is 105, with a 12 launch angle. Most my mistake shots are left, due to the shaft snapping.   It was recommend to me to get a 9.5 stiff shaft.  I was looking at a callaway fit black. Yesterday I went and hit my first bucket of balls for the season, followed by testing the Callaway, infront of my teaching pro. My aim was...
Once again thank you for the info. As to answer the question as to why I am the size I am, considering what I eat. I can only answer (unscientifically). My entire life I have been chubby. As I got older I maintained my beer gut. Even when I was a kid and playing Lacrosse, I was still chubby with a gut. I think I have very poor metabolism. I sit behind a desk all day, with exception of my 15 min & 30 minute walk. I keep really on pace with what I eat, except maybe one day...
I should also mention that according to the fitness app I use to track my food, they have me eating between 1300 & 1600 calories a day!
Thanks for the info. my balloning comes from the holiday season, when I became Gluttonous. Of course my wife was doing the same at the time. I have always ate basically what I have described. During the golf season I tend to eat a sandwich on golf days, instead of a salad. I also down a few beers. I have always had piss poor metabolism. I have fasted in the past (for religous reasons), but I can eat light or not at all, drop a few pounds, then eat 2 slices of pizza and...
So one month before the start of my golf season and I find myself at my heaviest, 224 on a 5’7” frame. my wife in now threatening to put me on medifast just to slim down, 20lbs. I should not say threaten, but it was suggested, since she is now down 25 and doing very well. I don’t eat a lot of junk food and I exercise as much as possible. I currently have a severely sore lower back and tendentious in my left shoulder ( I actually think I I was mis diagnosed, since it...
 Ditto Especially when it was big break with all the good looking women (blair Oneil et al...)   I think the lack of golf is the same as football on sundays. I know Fox get a double header and CBS carries 1 game and then they switch. I have always asked why they both dont have games on all day long. It is a contractual thing, it is a on air talent thing, it is TV production thing. I dont mind the rebroadcast, since I rarely watch it the 1st time. I like the...
Thanks for the advice. The Cobra I tried was just too light. I do like the Burner driver I have, but it is an R Flex and that is causing me to snap shots to the left. I think I am going to be picking up the Callaway Razr X black. It is noticably heavier and stiffer, but I was straight with it. Like I said I have a 105 swing speed and as the pro told me, If I ever learn to keep my body planted, instead of swinging out of my shoes or off my back foot, I could hit...
I recently went and was fitted for the new Taylormade Driver. The Pro suggested I go with a 10 (10.5 turn down ½ degree) and a stiff shaft. Since I don’t have the $400 to drop on the new Taylormade I sought out a more economical equivalent. After hitting a few clubs yesterday I came down to the Cobra 10.5 w/ stiff shaft or Callaway Razr X black 9.5 Stiff.   The callaway is a heavier club and it is noticeably heavier. However I was still carrying 250 on a cold day...