or Connect

Posts by Elmer

Thanks for the feedback. I just bought my wife a 12lb one with a dvd. I have compiled some youtube vids to get an idea of a workout.   Now the problem I have is figuring out to purchase a 25lb or 35lb. I understand that 35lb would be ideal for swings, now what if you add a swing/jerk and lift with the arms. Is 35 still the way to go? I do have a set of 25lb dumbells for lifting. I am just afraid if I start with the 25lb, that after a few weeks of swings I...
I am 220, 5'6" and 38 years old. I have always kept some weight on, especially since quitting smoking 7 years ago. I am in shape enough to job a mile in 12 mins and walk 18, while carrying my bag, but I am sore and tired the next day. I am far from in the shape I was in 10 years ago when I had returned to playing full field lacrosse.   I am also surprised at the amount of posting I have seen on the Interwebs about Kettle bells and heart monitors!   I was...
I hit my driver and woods further up in my stance, because I was taught to roll my wrists as a way of getting the club face square. I dont know if it is laziness or just quirky tempo, but I get there late. Therefore if I tee up the ball in the middle of my stance I shank it. for some reason when I set up closer to my toe I can drive the ball straighter. This just may be a mechanism for avoiding the slice that I have developed over the last few years.   My problem...
I am going to start to get golf ready and have decided to try a kettlebell. I am getting an adjustable one for my wife (5/8/12lbs) and I am going to get one for my self. I just dont know what size. 20lb, 25 35? I am 38 and out of shape.   I am also thinking of trying the OA diet to go along with it. Running every otherday, walking on days opposite run days. and working out 3 days a week Figure this will be a shock to the system, aide me in dropping 20...
There is no such thing as a "free" especially when it comes to golf and equipment. I have had a little experience with the company. They sent me a flyer in the mail saying if I responded I could sign up to be a reviewer and get a free club. At the time it was either a 3 wood or a wedge. I filled out the 3x5 card and sent it back for more info. I got a phone call telling me I had to order a club to get a club for free. I declined! They called again and again and again....
I never rip what works for someone else. What is key is if it works. If something does not fit my lifestyle that never makes it wrong for you.   I dont mind cooking. I enjoy it at times, but rarely have the time to get too involved, due to work schedule and younglings complaining they are hungry. I actually love to and prefer to grill. Give me a steak or chicken. Rub with some EVO & cracked pepper and throw on the grill. Of course one of the problem is corn on the...
I had posted previously about getting on track and slimming down for the my game and health purposes. I am slowly working my way back from some nasty shin splints, so I have begun to alternate between walking a few miles and running on alternating days. As previously suggested to me I will begin a cycle of intervals. Running MWF & push ups/sit ups/dumbell lifting.   However now my questions becomes what to eat?   I find that I just cant find healthy things to...
To answer some of the questions posted.   I do lose some distance in the wind. But my home course is small enough that even hitting 250, I am still a wedge or short iron away. On wet, damp days, when there is no roll I can get less distance.     I hit my irons high in the air. The shorter the iron the higher in the air it goes. My 50 gap wedge is sky high, like a home run in a silo!   my accruacy is decent, but not great.  I mostly just aim for the...
I hit the ball high. I hit the ball really high! However I still average 250 to 270 off the tee. I use a 10.5  taylormade burner driver.   I was once on a launch monitor and told I have a 16 degree launch angle. Combine that with my 10.5 and I get some air. So much so it would be a home run in any ball park.   I put the ball way up in my stance on my left foot toe and drive it from there.   I have been told I am loosing alot of distance due to be too...
ok dumb question, but what is the minimum amount of Carbs I need a day?