or Connect

Posts by Elmer

I am going to start to get golf ready and have decided to try a kettlebell. I am getting an adjustable one for my wife (5/8/12lbs) and I am going to get one for my self. I just dont know what size. 20lb, 25 35? I am 38 and out of shape.   I am also thinking of trying the OA diet to go along with it. Running every otherday, walking on days opposite run days. and working out 3 days a week Figure this will be a shock to the system, aide me in dropping 20...
There is no such thing as a "free" especially when it comes to golf and equipment. I have had a little experience with the company. They sent me a flyer in the mail saying if I responded I could sign up to be a reviewer and get a free club. At the time it was either a 3 wood or a wedge. I filled out the 3x5 card and sent it back for more info. I got a phone call telling me I had to order a club to get a club for free. I declined! They called again and again and again....
I never rip what works for someone else. What is key is if it works. If something does not fit my lifestyle that never makes it wrong for you.   I dont mind cooking. I enjoy it at times, but rarely have the time to get too involved, due to work schedule and younglings complaining they are hungry. I actually love to and prefer to grill. Give me a steak or chicken. Rub with some EVO & cracked pepper and throw on the grill. Of course one of the problem is corn on the...
I had posted previously about getting on track and slimming down for the my game and health purposes. I am slowly working my way back from some nasty shin splints, so I have begun to alternate between walking a few miles and running on alternating days. As previously suggested to me I will begin a cycle of intervals. Running MWF & push ups/sit ups/dumbell lifting.   However now my questions becomes what to eat?   I find that I just cant find healthy things to...
To answer some of the questions posted.   I do lose some distance in the wind. But my home course is small enough that even hitting 250, I am still a wedge or short iron away. On wet, damp days, when there is no roll I can get less distance.     I hit my irons high in the air. The shorter the iron the higher in the air it goes. My 50 gap wedge is sky high, like a home run in a silo!   my accruacy is decent, but not great.  I mostly just aim for the...
I hit the ball high. I hit the ball really high! However I still average 250 to 270 off the tee. I use a 10.5  taylormade burner driver.   I was once on a launch monitor and told I have a 16 degree launch angle. Combine that with my 10.5 and I get some air. So much so it would be a home run in any ball park.   I put the ball way up in my stance on my left foot toe and drive it from there.   I have been told I am loosing alot of distance due to be too...
ok dumb question, but what is the minimum amount of Carbs I need a day?
I bought a high end putter at a great price, actually a steal. retail $300+, I bought it for $110.  The only issue is that the shaft has a small gap 1/16" where the shaft meets the putter head. I was looking for a suggestion to stregnth the shaft to the head. Maybe epoxy or a dab of supper glue? I think it should be fine, but it will always be in the back of my head knowing the gap is there!      any ideas? Super glue, epoxy? send it to the local golf shop to be re...
I just bought a Odyssey prototype 9 putter for $120, which retails for $270. Like someone already said, most these places are companies with real locations. Like any golf store or proshop they have to buy inventory. They have 12 of these putters sitting around. it is getting towards the end of the season and they need to make some money or they take a loss. I know in my area, every year, 8 to 10 of the local clubs/proshops get together and rent out the gym of one of the...
I just bought a Odyessey Proto-type 9 (major score on ebay). I love the club, hate the grip. Those Gen3's just feel too hard for me. I am going to replace my grip as I do with all my putters. I was thinking of going with a mid-sized golf pride tour traditions. Semi-soft & mid sized. The problem I have (among many) is that I am never sure when I have the right grip for me. Maybe I am unsure or unsatisfied, but I always think maybe I can find a better fit. When trying...