or Connect

Posts by Elmer

I am no expert on any of this. However I know for me and only me. It has taken more than calorie in Vs calorie burned. I am only 5'6" and weight 220. I have always been pudgy. Even when I was playing lacrosse and running alot when I was 15 to 18, I still have a gut and chubby cheeks. Now that I am in my late, late 30's I have become much more conscience about my health and I am trying to get in shape. I began eating healthy breakfest-lean protein...
Thanks for the advice. I am going to try a 3 min walk followed by some 7 min run ....today. I tend to drink the protein powder for breakfest, because as a father of 2 (who I have to wake up get dressed and drive to 2 different schools) I dont have much time for breakfest and I need something quick. I guess I could push back my breakfest and just eat some greek yogurt around 10 am.   I dont lift to bulk up, but I do find that if I lift it keeps me my arms and...
I have decided after so many years to make an effort to trim down and get in better shape. I have bought treadmill and have started to revamp my eating. The problem is I seem to be trimming down, but bulking up. I am currently 220lbs 5'6", but this does not affect my golf game. I walk and carry every round I play (with exception of tourneys). I can play 9 or 18 and I am not struggling to finish the round. I have had trouble with my routine since I play in a league on...
Thanks for all the responses. Right now I carry a 46 pw and 50 GW. I hit my PW 110 & my GW about 95- 105. I have a 16 degree launch angle, combine that with a 60 degree wedge (or any wedge) and I sent the ball sky high. This must cut down on some distance.   I always try to aim to land the ball in front of the hole. With the 54 the ball hits and runs past the hole. With the 60 it hits in front and stops way short, which is why I have been going with the 54....
I used to carry a 60 and 56 wedge. The 60 I only use as a full swing from 60 yards out and very short chips where I only a little landing area. I then replaced my 56 with a 54 because my game required extra yards (distance) I could not get with my 56.   So now I carry 54/60.   Recently some of the oldtimes I play with have talked me into chipping and lobbing with my 54. So I have been trying 1/2 and 3/4 shots with my 54. I can hit my 54 a max of 80 to 90...
I play in a league at a local 18hole muni. when I arrive I can either have 30 minutes or 5 minutes to warm up.   The course does not have a driving range, so I start by swinging my 6 & 7 iron to losen up. I thenswing my driver and use it to stretch. With no driving range, I try to chip a little and just make some contact, Or I hit 2 shag balls into the near by woods.   Does anyone have any tips on warming up when there is no range, & no putting green? And if you...
Yesterday, 8th hole. 388 yards par 4. #1 handicap. drive was 307 yards!!!!!
I am a 16 handicap and I tend to average 270 on my drives. 2 weeks ago on the 16th hole, par 4 366 yard I hit a 302 drive. (clocked with my Callaway Upro MX GPS) My second shot was then a duffed 2 yard chip, walked away with a bogie. That Day I had a 281, 280, 275, 302 and 288 drive ( of those I gps'ed). It helps that we have a draught up here and my home course ground is like cement!   The joke in my golf league is that I hit it a ton, but cant chip or...
Try Route Fore golf (518) 283-8836 in Troy/north Greenbush.  While I have never been there, I know plenty of people who have bought clubs and spoken positively about it.   On the topic of Northway 8 in CP. I bought my irons there a few years ago. I went in twice a week and hit every club in the place and finally settled on some 08 big berthas. Jim, the pro did the customer fitting and found I was standard across the board.   Fast forward to last week and I take a...
I tried the Metal X rossie today @ my local golf shop. I stopped in searching for the perfect putter. First I tried the Ping Anser $250. Not a bad putter but too firm for my game. Next was a scotty cameron $350, just too pricey. Next was the Metal X Rossie. It had a soft feel without being dull. Had a nice alingment aid and was only $149I was impressed with the feel, especially since I am not a fan of the insert putter. (I used to have a odyssey white steel, which I...