or Connect

Posts by Elmer

Had an MRI last friday. Follow up appt will be in 2 weeks.   Dr still maintains that there is no rotator cuff damage, since I have all the range and motion minus the pain. He thinks it is severe tendonitus! 
Thanks for advice. Sorry to hear of your pain, but hope your OP is the fix you need. I have an appt with my doctor this afternoon. This will be the 3rd one since sept. The shoulder is no longer as sore as it was. The pain has waned, but I know there is an issue there.   I just hope I have the time to fix it and recover by next april.
I am going to put this out there right at the beginning. I swing too hard.   Especially the longer the irons and woods get. The guy that gives me lessons has told me time and time again not to give “110%”. He has told me to swing about 85%.   I came from a background of Baseball and lacrosse, which you went all out. You gave it your all and never left anything out on that field. I never had a coach or teacher tell me to dial it back! I also have 25 years of...
I went to the doctor last year, he indicated I had tendonitis in my left shoulder. He did all the movements to check for rotor cuff issues and I had mobility. I got a cortisone shot on my shoulder in the back.  The pain went away, but there was still some clicking and popping and sluggishness to the shoulder. The Doctor attributed this to likely a small tear in the rotator cuff. He advised to take aleave or advil and continue my lifting and stretching routine (which was...
 My local golf Galaxy takes trades as well but I am probably getting only $5 for the 3 drivers, 1- 7 wood and 2 volkey wegdes (54 & 60) I no longer carry. I liked my 7 wood, but it was an old Bertha metal head, that I got for $100. But I can not use it out of the rough, which is where I seem to play out of quite often.My 4 Hybrid gives me 200 yards, so as much as I would like a 3, I dont know where it would fit. 3W-2305W 2154H 200 My game on my home course is basically to...
  The only reason I have hung on soo long with the 5H, is that once I put money into it, I cant afford to get anything else.Just this year I bought a used Callaway Driver with a Stiff shaft for $100, but I was unable to use it on the course. Not anywhere near what I was doing at the range (which caused me to buy it). Like I said I have a 4H (taylormade).I still think I am a little young and have too much power and distance to hit a 5 H, but All i think of is all the clubs...
A year ago I bought a nickent 7dx hybrid for a great price of $70. I got this hybrid because I was just unable to hit my 5 iron (2008 big bertha) effectively. The problem I am having now is I have never been able to effectively hit the club off the tee. I don’t often use a 5Iron, usually on long par 5s and long par 3’s.   I will say this club out of the rough is great, it glides and flies through it. However off the tee and fairway, the head feels oversized and heavy...
I played 63 holes over the weekend over the course of 36 hours. 18, then 18, then 9 then 18. During the 1st or 2nd 18 my left hand and my pinky knuckels started to get really sore when I gripped the club. I do have an issue with gripping to tightly. The pain did help me keep a light grip, how ever now it is just sore. I am taking double doses of Aleave. But now that I am at work, where I type alot, it is still sore.   Anyone ever experience this? Is it arthritis? a...
Reading through the thread all I can say is what a difference a year makes. I know carry my driver, 3W, 4H...... I have dropped my 7W and only carry my 5W when I play scrambles, or I know I will be riding in a cart (which is during scrambles. My drives have left me usually hitting driver wedge on par 4's and driver 4H on par 5. (but that is mostly due to the courses I play) The funny thing is I have been giving serious consideration to dumping my 3w. I hit it great off the...
I guess I should mention that my lofts are as follows:   Driver 10.5 3W      15 4H       22 5H       25     I could add a 5 wood at 18 degree!   Not sure what a 3H run in degreeS!