or Connect

Posts by Elmer

I think the biggest reason I like to play alone is simply so I dont have to interact with people. Sometimes it is nice to meet new people, but honestly sometimes it is nice to keep my mouth shut and not have to meet someone new. I can walk the fairway by myself with my beer and quietly work on my game.   I guess sometimes I can be anti-social.
I am going to hit the range tonight and compare and contrast the 2.Funny thing about shafts was recently at a Demo day I was hitting a Nike 3 wood with stiff shaft. Really nice club and I have never, ever liked anything Nike.I was hitting a stiff shaft 3 wood, so much better than my R-Flex taylor made (2007) 3 wood
The guy worked at a big corporate golf store, I have always felt that they are salesmen and not much more.If I get a fitting I go to my local golf shop which is independently owned, they know me and know that they are not selling me something. Both the Callaway and the Taylor made are probably the same size. But they look and feel different. it is funny that with the size of the taylormade head I feel a confidence when setting up and taking a crack at the ball.Not so much...
What are the benefits of a stiff shaft?    I have been using a tailor-made 2009 burner regular flex  shaft 10.5.   When I hit it well, which is most of the time, I hit it well.  I average about 265 in the fairway or maybe a slight fade or draw depending on my wrists and follow through. On the advice of some salesman at a big box store I purchased a Callaway razor X 10 1/2 stiff shaft. They told me I had a high swing/clubhead/ball speed. Before anyone goes crazy, I did...
10 minutes short game swing 10 minutes elliptical 10 minutes long game swing 
-  Is the handicap as shown in your profile current.....say at least within the last 2 15-day revisions? Yes -  Is it correct and "official", or some form of guess/estimate/self-calculation?   Official GHIN -  If it's not current, correct, and official, why not?    My profile shows 16, my GHIN is 16.6. I am just too lazy to update anything after the decimal point. Not to mention my handicap only seems to move from 16.2 to 16.9 and back. -  If it's not correct and official,...
Swang this morning, worked on my take away. Concentrated on my wrists. If I dont go back far enough my wrists dont cock and it throws everthing off. I will try short chips after work. I am going to try 1/2 shot short shots!
 My mind is now officially blown, my brain will hurt for the rest of the day pondering this!
My league has only a few rules that are course specific and meant to speed up play.We do allow for lifting and improving lie, simply because we play a beat up unmaintainted course which has alot of hardpan with no grass. There is also alot of shale sticking through the ground.Say what you will, but no one wants to bust up their clubs or get hurt playing this game. We are all blue collar guys who dont need to buy more equipment.We also are allowed to ignore "lose of...
 My opponent and myself we both above the hole. We made an agreement if we missed and rolled down we would both be "good", luckily we both made the puts. I am nice enough that I would have given the guy the put to end his misery, however since he took it upon himself to concede the putt I would have called him on it. That to me is presumptuousYes, yes, yes....my golf league does not play exactly by the rules of golf as written so, therefore we are not really playing golf...