or Connect

Posts by Elmer

I hit the ball high. I hit the ball really high! However I still average 250 to 270 off the tee. I use a 10.5  taylormade burner driver.   I was once on a launch monitor and told I have a 16 degree launch angle. Combine that with my 10.5 and I get some air. So much so it would be a home run in any ball park.   I put the ball way up in my stance on my left foot toe and drive it from there.   I have been told I am loosing alot of distance due to be too...
ok dumb question, but what is the minimum amount of Carbs I need a day?
I bought a high end putter at a great price, actually a steal. retail $300+, I bought it for $110.  The only issue is that the shaft has a small gap 1/16" where the shaft meets the putter head. I was looking for a suggestion to stregnth the shaft to the head. Maybe epoxy or a dab of supper glue? I think it should be fine, but it will always be in the back of my head knowing the gap is there!      any ideas? Super glue, epoxy? send it to the local golf shop to be re...
I just bought a Odyssey prototype 9 putter for $120, which retails for $270. Like someone already said, most these places are companies with real locations. Like any golf store or proshop they have to buy inventory. They have 12 of these putters sitting around. it is getting towards the end of the season and they need to make some money or they take a loss. I know in my area, every year, 8 to 10 of the local clubs/proshops get together and rent out the gym of one of the...
I just bought a Odyessey Proto-type 9 (major score on ebay). I love the club, hate the grip. Those Gen3's just feel too hard for me. I am going to replace my grip as I do with all my putters. I was thinking of going with a mid-sized golf pride tour traditions. Semi-soft & mid sized. The problem I have (among many) is that I am never sure when I have the right grip for me. Maybe I am unsure or unsatisfied, but I always think maybe I can find a better fit. When trying...
I am no expert on any of this. However I know for me and only me. It has taken more than calorie in Vs calorie burned. I am only 5'6" and weight 220. I have always been pudgy. Even when I was playing lacrosse and running alot when I was 15 to 18, I still have a gut and chubby cheeks. Now that I am in my late, late 30's I have become much more conscience about my health and I am trying to get in shape. I began eating healthy breakfest-lean protein...
Thanks for the advice. I am going to try a 3 min walk followed by some 7 min run ....today. I tend to drink the protein powder for breakfest, because as a father of 2 (who I have to wake up get dressed and drive to 2 different schools) I dont have much time for breakfest and I need something quick. I guess I could push back my breakfest and just eat some greek yogurt around 10 am.   I dont lift to bulk up, but I do find that if I lift it keeps me my arms and...
I have decided after so many years to make an effort to trim down and get in better shape. I have bought treadmill and have started to revamp my eating. The problem is I seem to be trimming down, but bulking up. I am currently 220lbs 5'6", but this does not affect my golf game. I walk and carry every round I play (with exception of tourneys). I can play 9 or 18 and I am not struggling to finish the round. I have had trouble with my routine since I play in a league on...
Thanks for all the responses. Right now I carry a 46 pw and 50 GW. I hit my PW 110 & my GW about 95- 105. I have a 16 degree launch angle, combine that with a 60 degree wedge (or any wedge) and I sent the ball sky high. This must cut down on some distance.   I always try to aim to land the ball in front of the hole. With the 54 the ball hits and runs past the hole. With the 60 it hits in front and stops way short, which is why I have been going with the 54....
I used to carry a 60 and 56 wedge. The 60 I only use as a full swing from 60 yards out and very short chips where I only a little landing area. I then replaced my 56 with a 54 because my game required extra yards (distance) I could not get with my 56.   So now I carry 54/60.   Recently some of the oldtimes I play with have talked me into chipping and lobbing with my 54. So I have been trying 1/2 and 3/4 shots with my 54. I can hit my 54 a max of 80 to 90...