or Connect

Posts by Clubchucker

Just saw this thread and thought I'd chime in.  If anyone knows what you're going through...believe me I do.  I quit dipping the day after Christmas.  Dipped for over 30 years and was dipping about 2 or 2.5 cans per day and like you...Copenhagen.   It's not easy.  Still isn't for me but believe me..it's worth the fight.  I realized that when I went to the dentist a few months ago and watched my wife cry with happiness when the dentist said no oral cancer signs.  I still...
My upgrade went pretty flawlessly.  Started on it when I got back from the driving range, and while it did take a little longer that previous upgrades (having to do iTunes/etc) I didn't encounter anything "strange".   That being said, maybe it's because I've only had my iPhone a little over a year and a half, so most likely I still remember what a pain in the a$$ it was every time my Blackberry had an update.  That was generally a cluser-___.  Hopefully updating my...
Last year I decided to see how good I could get with a lot more practice.  My normal schedule was 9 hole league once a week and then usually 18 on the weekend, or if I was lucky played both Sat/Sunday.  Decided to join the range program at a course right by my house (flat fee for all the range balls I want) and believe me...got my moneys worth.  Luckily I work from home, so I would run over on my lunch hour to hit a bucket, chip and putt...whatever I was working on.  I...
You will not be disappointed with the P2's. I use the PURE Pro myself but I've put the P2 grips on quite a few of my buddy's clubs and they all love them. While I've not used the GP Tour Wraps I have used other GP grips and I can say there's no question in my mind that PURE's will last a lot longer. I was hesitant to try PURE's myself for the first time and now I'd never put anything else on my clubs. I would suggest you do the same thing iacas suggested to me: email...
  Agreed.  Best grips out there; wouldn't think about putting anything else on my clubs (and I've tried them all).   As for your question on the white grips, I just took a set of the PURE Pro's in white off my clubs.  Not because they were worn our or even looking bad; I just wanted a different color.  Still looked like new after a lot of rounds and a hell of a lot of range balls.  Every set of PURE grips I've taken off is because I wanted a color change-not because they...
  Always have been a FJ guy for many years.  Just last week I picked up my very first pair of Ecco shoes (spikeless) and the first time I put them on was for a 3-day 27 hole per day golf trip.  Unbelievable.  I'll be hard pressed to buy anything other than Ecco now.  I did buy the closeouts; $99.  I'm sold.
First thing I'd do is contact 3balls.com and explain what happened. See what they say. I wouldn't feel confident in the other clubs.
Jason Day -7 Dustin Johnson -6
    Well now you tell me.  Here I made it to a single digit handicap playing with a Japanese Samurai sword.     I should update however: I've continued to use the Hex Chrome+ exclusively and have not had any other issues with the cover.  Not even the old paint flaking I had with previous Callaway balls.  Must have been a fluke or it hit something that I was unaware of.  Top notch ball IMHO.
It's just the current fad.  I mean I like Rickie Fowler and all, but a lot of the golf clothing today seems to spawn from his Puma gear.  The problem is, I haven't seen it look anywhere remotely good on any near 50 year old such as myself.  I just can't believe what they're charging for this stuff; $50-70 for a shirt and at least that (or more) for a pair of shorts.