or Connect

Posts by teal

If you can't find that (and it is awesome) try WD -40 works ok but not as well IME.
I am assuming that people figure the rust enhances spin as it doesn't errode the surface of the club evenly. Rusty metal tends to have a rough texture/surface - poor man's Spin Milling.....
Don't overlook a Bettinardi/Mizuno putter. just got back from the local golf place and they had a couple of Yes, a SC Red X and the Bettinardi. My breakdown of puts made/puts taken Bettinardi 14/15 (the miss was essentially just to the left by a hair and past the hole all of 6 inches) Scotty 8/10 (to be fair I hate mallet putters and it was very nice but not for me) Yes 0/10 (that is right - just couldn't stroke it with those putters) Long story, longer - the Bettinardi...
I'm caught between a lust for a Studio Select Mid Slant and a Circa 62 #3. It's like the old Mary Ann v Ginger argument.
I've decided that if I make bonus this month - new Scotty Studio Select mid slant at 35 inches. Screw it - sick of deal hunting.
I am sure no matter whom he (or any other top 50 Tour guy) goes to the clubs are bespoke. I don't doubt that, but I have never seen anything on the capabilities or differences in maker's factories so I can't say that all of them would be able create EXACTLY what each player wants. Suzuki is a massive company and they never could build a 250 that suited McGrath like the Honda did so there is the possibility that another company couldn't match what Nike (or whomever)...
I could swear that I saw him swinging a Titleist driver in his first year or two on tour. Thought I saw it in the Tiger Woods DVD pack they sell at Dicks. I got it for my son and kinda "watched" it with him whilst reading a book so I could have been mistaken.
I don't know the answer but that won't keep me from speculating! In the Tiger/Nike case - I believe Tiger also saw what Nike could so marketing wise. He watched them do it with Jordan as a kid. I can't help but feel like that played a part. Can the average tour guy use "whatever" and smoke me? Yes. Can the average top 10 tour guy use "whatever" and stay where they are? I don't know. The only other thing I can compare it to is my old motocross background....
What do you feel you are missing - golf wise? Maybe a new bag to carry all the new(ish) golf gear? New set of shoes? I guess - as far as the window tint, would that make you happy or would something golfing related make you happier and last longer?
That's a good enough reason. Because you want to. I like the way you think. I am just getting into golf in any type of large way. Never knew of a SC until I looked around and realized what kind of work goes into making something like that. I come to the sport from a shooting background. I can look at a shotgun and tell you why it costs 16,000 and why it's worth that but I don't know enough about putter and club design to make all the right decisions on such a custom job...