or Connect

Posts by bogey joe

Thanks WUTiger.  That sounds right up my alley.......
Thanks Flintcreek, I will check it out.
Hello all.  We are in the pre-production stage of a 13 episode documentary on old, historic 9 hole golf courses in America.  We will be filming 6 courses of which two have already been chosen but the other four courses are not set in stone.  This is where we need your help.  We are looking to stay in the Southeast for these 13 episodes but are not limited to that area.  So if you know of or play at an old 9 hole course with a rich history, we would love to hear about it...
My name is James Leeth and I currently own a small golf course in Chattanooga, TN.  I am also the host of Golf Soup a 30 minute golf program that airs here locally on the Fox network.  Golf Soup has just been picked up to go national and we are very excited about this incredible opportunity!  the format of Golf Soup in the past has featured myself playing and promoting 9 holes of a different local or regional course for my viewers and we were quite successful with that...
Good point and sorry for not clarifying that.  Yes it would be gross!! 
First let me say that I own a golf course in Tennessee and recently a friend of mine, whom is a home builder, approached me about having a golf tournament for a house of his.  The idea caught me a bit off guard and seemed a bit on the pipe dream end for me originally.  However after several meetings and seeing his decent plans on the project I am beginning to give the idea a tiny bit of weight.  However before I commit to such a large undertaking I would like to get as...
I had 3 double eagles before I carded my first hole in one.  It was a stat I was very proud of knowing that a double eagle is much more rare.  However in the last 10 years I have surpassed my double eagles with aces though I have added 2 more double eagles to stand at 8 to 5.  Please keep in mind though that I own a golf course and play way north of a hundred holes every week, mostly at my place, so that much golf at the same place you can bet some good things are bound...
I can see the writing on the wall for me and my distance as well.  My golf was built on and largely is still based on 2 major componets, power and solid ball striking.  My power for now is still there, I consistently move it from 290 to 320 depending on conditions and it takes a real miss to fall under 280.  However for me to get and maintain that distance it takes everything I have.  In fact I had one person describe my driver swing as "more akin to an act of violence...
I am 42 years old now and I must admit that my practice habits on my golf game have been anemic really since I began playing competitive golf at age 11.  But now as my skills begin to deteriorate thanks to father time, I find myself having put in more P.T. than any other time in my life just to stay competitive on the "Fried Chicken Tour" and lowballs locally.  So my question to you guys is, how much value do you place on the different segments of your golf game.  Me...
I feel your pain, for I too play with a very strong grip and weakening it only leads to the shanks for me.  However to your hooks, without seeing your swing all I can do is relate what works for me, and for me the first thing I change is my hand position at address.  I'll bring the butt of the club which is usually pointed at my left thigh and point it more toward my left hip joint.  This may require you to also become slightly more upright in you posture.  If that...