or Connect

Posts by Jonnyy8699

Will do, I have my first round of the season tomorrow. I'll be playing 4 rounds this week so I'll post my thoughts on friday or this weekend. 
Well it's kind of a crazy story, but today I dropped by golfsmith just to check out their used section before I bout the CB1's on ebay. My swing coach knows the guys there and told me to tell them that he sent me, so I get there and tell them that, I give them my specs, and they bring me to the used rack. I instantly spot a set of CB1's just like the ones on ebay. 4-pw. So I take them down, and they are the KBS tour 90's, just like the ebay set. Wow, I just found the exact...
Thank you Desmond for the code, although I think I've found my set. (And guys, like I said earlier, offset was the least of my worries out of all the criteria. But thanks for the info on the G series, they always looked like they had a ton of offset at address to me for some reason.) Anyway, this is the set I am going for most likely. What do you guys think? I sent all those links to the guy that fit me and he recommended these, and they seem good to...
Well first of all I never associated ALL ping irons with a large amount of offset, I just know that some ping sets, especially the G series, have a lot of offset. And also, I even posted a set of I15's on this thread, so obviously I know they are irons I can play. And also, I realize 300 for a set I need is slightly unrealistic. I said that, exactly that way, in the original post. I also said I was thinking around 450. But thank you for s***ing all over this thread with...
Ok so I found a bunch of sets that might work. Almost all of them will require adjustments, but most of them are cheap enough to where I can pay for those adjustments and still be in my price range. Let me know what you guys think.    All of these are forged I believe besides the last one, so I can bend all of them. Most of them are cheap enough so I can lengthen them and not worry about breaking my price range. Also, be sure to remember when I lengthen it by an inch, it...
Wow thank you, that definitely helps. And also the a little bit of offset is perfect. He told me not to get a lot of offset, but he said also that a club with absolutely zero offset might be a little tough. And that is probably the aspect I am least concerned about. 
Well I was hoping for a 4-AW set actually, because that is what fits in my bag, but 4-PW would probably work because I only take full swings with my AW about half the time. And I am 6'4", and I don't know my wingspan exactly but I have pretty long arms. He didn't fit me based on measurements though, he just used tape on my club, and gave me different lie angles until the mark on the tape was in the middle of the club. And yes I was hoping for a used set with roughly those...
So I got fitted yesterday by a teaching pro at my course. We went through the normal stuff, trying different heads, shafts, lengths, lies, all that stuff. So my results are as follows.    For a 6 iron -38 inches in length -66° lie -stiff -light weight shaft (110g was best weight for me) -low deflection shaft -some offset (he said I shouldn't be going GI offset like pings or anything, but I need a little bit)   The irons that I had priced out and was ready to buy,...
Well these were the irons I was going to purchase from my pro, but I got fit yesterday just to make sure they were ok for me to use, and turns out they are completely wrong for me haha. I will be making a new thread on my fitting results and how I should go about getting new irons based on those results. I'll post the link here.    EDIT: Here is the link! http://thesandtrap.com/t/72689/got-fitted-now-to-find-irons-that-will-work-but-not-break-the-bank
I've seen a paintfill for the regular rocketbladez irons, but they have a little cavity where the yellow is. Unlike the tour version, which is pretty much flat. As you can see in this picture. So anyone with paintfilling experience, is this a doable job? I'd really like to fill it in red. I'm not a huge fan of the yellow, and red would match pretty much all my other gear. Thanks guys.