or Connect

Posts by stogiesnbogies

As others are already saying; "to each his own" and if you feel comfortable with this set up, and it's producing results-so be it.However, you do realize that ALL of these wedges can be opened and closed providing you with a wide range of options? Perhaps you might consider fooling around with that concept on the practice range/green and seeing if you can feel comfortable hitting multiple shots with a few wedges simply by opening / closing , changing ball position,...
 If you have a slower swing speed I think you'd really like the new Callaway Super Soft...excellent all around performer ; also might try Wilson Staff 50 Elite and/or Wilson Staff Duo.Please see my review of the Callaway Super Soft on the DB for more info....Good Luck!
Thanks  golfingdad.   Hope that my review might help some people make a somewhat more informed decision as they set out to the golf shop to stock up on golf balls for the new season.   I recommend that if one hasn't tried these various balls perhaps try to buy a sleeve of each and play them against each other in order to determine which best fits your game:  Callaway Super Soft (38 Compression), Wilson Staff Fifty Elite(50 compression) , Wilson Staff Duo( 40...
Please read my review posted here of the Callaway Super Soft.....having played the So/Lo for some years as my go-to ball, I now give the nod to Callaway Super Soft-especially for those of us, like myself, with slower swing speeds. Here's the link to my review here on TST website: http://thesandtrap.com/products/callaway-super-soft-golf-ball cheers. GolfingDad,  You say: " You kinda gotta try it out and see how it feels, ya know??" I agree entirely....but garnering a...
FYI: iacas: I have now posted my review in the review section as you requested. cheers.
~~Callaway Super Soft Golf Ball Review  by Stogiesnbogies   FYI: I am a senior player with an 85-90 Max swing speed; a 15-17 handicap who plays senior flex shafted clubs. I hit my average drives between 180-200 yards and max out under ideal conditions with a very rare 220 yard "bomb".    Callaway has produced the lowest compression ball on the market here with a 38 rating. In contrast the Wilson Staff Duo, it's nearest competitor has a 43 compression; the Wilson Staff...
Must have been great to see Two Gloves Gainey swing up close!!   Love effective "home made" swings like Gainey and Bubba...   Absolutely nothing wrong with changing your grip for different shots if that works for you....I've done it in the process of experimenting with the "Baseball style" grip....However mine is not a traditional thumb wrap around baseball grip but more of a "golf style" ten finger grip with both thumbs on top and the butt end hand thumb under the right...
I love that 37 degree Cleveland Niblick it pitches up to 100 yards on the pin and chips roll out like putts... but I'll be damned if I can get anything consistent out of the 56.....it has a 14 bounce and as you know it is configured differently than the other Cleveland Niblicks as it doesn't have an alignment marker .....How do you hit it successfully out of sand- do you use the traditional Niblick putting swing or do you play an "explosion or splash" shot???
Glad to see yet another Cleveland Niblick fan on the board!!   Which loft Niblick are you playing?   I own all 4 lofts -The 37 Degree is no longer manufactured but available at ebay and the like....the 42, 49 and 56.   Only one I don't like is the fickle 56...as I prefer my regular sand wedge for those shots.   As you are probably well aware, The Niblick is not just a chipper but a hybrid scoring wedge -extremely versatile from 100 yards in -it can accurately...
Well, Rory already has more majors than Westwood-who I also like.....but you are talking about a very young, extremely talented kid with something akin to 20+ years of golf career ahead of him....this is also the kid who Tiger personally coronated as essentially the guy who would ultimately replace him as golf's best...that is what I would call a very informed opinion!  Rory is already showing strong signs that his personal and professional life are stabilizing and he is...