or Connect

Posts by stogiesnbogies

So the R&A says 208 and Trackman says 214.......actually that's less than one club's difference there .....your point being, I assume, that yet another reputable source (R&A)  chimes in with data supporting "Tee It Forward"?  So we now have all credible sources: PGA, USGA, R&A and Trackman saying essentially the same thing !   In any case, the average male adult amateur still does not warrant a course length much beyond 6,000 yards as the PGA/USGA clearly...
While the hard data does indeed allow for some exceptions, the problem, as Camilli's book  points out , is alas, that far too many "Tom, Dick and Harry's" consider themselves exceptions.  LOL   Were there as many "exceptions" as those who consider themselves such, there wouldn't be the "rule" or "mean" now would there, eh?     Again, gents, the numbers don't lie and Camilli's book  cites a world-wide trackman study of over 10,000 golfers of all abilities which finds...
Thank you, ccotenj.....what you post here is pretty much what Dan Camilli's book with it's  PGA/USGA and Trackman rock solid data indicate, - the numbers don't lie, gentlemen and anyone attempting to compose some alibi or excuse for denying them is not in reality ......"kinda like you deciding to play Lebron James one on one" -and expecting to do well, no less!  LOL  Most courses are now renaming their tee boxes based on a color code thus eliminating much of the stigma of...
Please do remember that not everyone plays under the same conditions in any tournament as the morning tee times often have advantage over PM tee times....in any event, methinks it's poor form for DJ to mouth off after 3 putting a 12 footer- sour grapes if you will -I doubt he'd said a word had he won, eh?  LOL......if you recall Rory made a serious charge mid Sunday but then also missed putts and fell back yet again.....he didn't blame the greens, the golf gods or his...
Methinks, 'tis  rather bush league and whiney to blame the greens.....as Rory aptly pointed out - "They all had to putt on them."   Time for DJ to put his big boy pants on and admit that he three putted from 12 feet .....no one else is to blame.
So very true, indeed ! Dan Camilli devotes an entire chapter to this issue entitled : "Tee It Forward vs. Testosterone"  in his book called "Tee Ceremony: A Cosmic Duffer's Companion to the Ancient Game of Golf". He points out that we "wouldn't expect Little League baseball players to hit home runs in a ball park with major league dimensions so neither should amateur golfers be expected to make par on Tour Professional length courses." Camilli then supports his position...
FYI:   The topic of "Tee It Forward" is humorously discussed- complete with cartoons,  in a new book by Dan Camilli  entitled Tee Ceremony: A Cosmic Duffer's Companion to The Ancient Game of Golf.    The book is a hilarious take on many aspects of the game including "Tee It Forward", Driving Distance Liars, Cigars , golf partners, etc.   You can have a "Look Inside" the book at Amazon.   A fun read !   FYI: I got my father and father-in-law a copy for Father's Day.
Good News!   Amazon.com has recently added a "Look Inside" feature to Camilli's Tee Ceremony book so you can read a sample of it and check out some of his cartoons in the book as well.   Alas, I fear that my review has not done the book justice but now you can check it out for yourself.   Simply go to:   http://www.amazon.com/Tee-Ceremony-Duffers-Companion-Ancient/dp/1512242659/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432930780&sr=8-1&keywords=camilli   and click on the "Look...
I just finished reading "Tee Ceremony; A Cosmic Duffer's Companion to The Ancient Game of Golf "  and loved it!   Golf can definitely use more humor, IMO. This one was a birthday gift from my daughter.   Here's my review of it.   Golf Book Review by stogiesnbogies   Tee Ceremony: A Cosmic Duffer’s Companion to The Ancient Game of Golf Sacred Ruminations and Profane Observations about Golf and Life By Dan Camilli   Available at Amazon and...
Well, surf, as the OP of this thread I know that I speak for all posters when I say "You're Welcome ! "     As for your getting down to 90 and then getting worse, it's been my experience that this is not so unusual as progress in this game is a series of peaks and valleys.   Alas, you must slog on and persevere through the "slumps" no matter how discouraging and freakin' endless they may be and you will indeed come out the other side a better player.   When in...