or Connect

Posts by Quantico4th

1. Jordan Spieth -12 2. Webb Simpson -10 3. Kevin Stadler -9
Tiger Woods -1 Miguel A. Jimenez -6
1. Graeme McDowell -7 2. Graham Delaet -9          
  Ya, being an old timer myself I had to pick a personal favorite for my number 2 that still impresses with his game. By the way I played a course he had designed a few times when I lived in Northern Va.: Westfields. IMHO one of the better ones.
Dustin Johnson -9 Fred Couples -8 Robert Karlsson -10   Yee Hey!!!
Rory McIlroy -11 Jim Furyk -10 Tim Clark -14   q4th
LOL, very interesting, besides the obvious Tiger picks, this is getting pretty tight on Dustin J. too! What??? hardly any Fowler picks, hmmm, I think I'll call my bookie now.  
I'm just glad you're enjoying the game and have had a steady improvement over the past year. I kept similar stats when I started out too. When you get to the stage where you feel you have control over where most of the shots end up, either on the green or very near, focus more on the short game. Short lobs, pitch and runs, bunker play in all conditions, chipping, and putting. Become really good at it. Practice on it alone, between full swing practice days. Later mix the...
  Yeah, I know what you mean, I felt bad to break par after shooting two consecutive 71's on my former home course, Cedar Point Golf Club, a par 72 layout in Maryland. Okay not really, but I still felt like I couldn't mark them down as legitimate rounds since I was playing alone.  Yeah, things got weird in my head when playing with no competition or attestors. Then factor in how well I knew the course at the time too. I shot a 75 from the championship tees during the club...
It was "Augusta National" for me. But, the course was in Staunton, Virginia not Georgia. I was a #3 golfer on my high school golf team. We won the northern conference and was at the Staunton course for the regional tourney, which preceded the state tourney. For some reason the course fairways and rough were not cut and we had to play every shot like it was out of the rough and when you actually hit into the rough it was like twice as deep as normal. Everyone was losing...