or Connect

Posts by Quantico4th

LOL, very interesting, besides the obvious Tiger picks, this is getting pretty tight on Dustin J. too! What??? hardly any Fowler picks, hmmm, I think I'll call my bookie now.  
I'm just glad you're enjoying the game and have had a steady improvement over the past year. I kept similar stats when I started out too. When you get to the stage where you feel you have control over where most of the shots end up, either on the green or very near, focus more on the short game. Short lobs, pitch and runs, bunker play in all conditions, chipping, and putting. Become really good at it. Practice on it alone, between full swing practice days. Later mix the...
  Yeah, I know what you mean, I felt bad to break par after shooting two consecutive 71's on my former home course, Cedar Point Golf Club, a par 72 layout in Maryland. Okay not really, but I still felt like I couldn't mark them down as legitimate rounds since I was playing alone.  Yeah, things got weird in my head when playing with no competition or attestors. Then factor in how well I knew the course at the time too. I shot a 75 from the championship tees during the club...
It was "Augusta National" for me. But, the course was in Staunton, Virginia not Georgia. I was a #3 golfer on my high school golf team. We won the northern conference and was at the Staunton course for the regional tourney, which preceded the state tourney. For some reason the course fairways and rough were not cut and we had to play every shot like it was out of the rough and when you actually hit into the rough it was like twice as deep as normal. Everyone was losing...
My PGA choices are:   Rory McIlroy -10 Karl Pettersson -11 Greg Ogilvy -8
Bubba Watson -6 Tiger Woods -3 Lee Westwood -2
I have three to offer the forum.     1. Locally it's Amana Colonies Golf Course in Amana, Iowa. http://www.amanagolfcourse.com/   2. In Texas where I live part of the year it's Timber Creek G.C. http://www.timbercreekgolfclub.com/golf/proto/timbercreekgc/   3. My 'permanent' home course is in Virginia and is Quantico MCB Medal of Honor Golf Course, http://www.quantico.usmc-mccs.org/Golf/index.cfm which I've played off and on since 1970. I know that course...
I learned during my third year of playing so so golf that the mental side of golf had to be considered in order to improve. In my mind I started to draw on an idea to develop consistency in my entire game. When it came together for me there were three words, concentration, control, and then confidence. I started to develop my swing from that day forward into a completely different level. I believe it could be said I went two levels from where I had been. Low nineties...
That is the Quantico Va. (USMC) Medal of Honor course, where I played many a round as a teenager. My high school, Woodbridge SHS, had it as their home course. The hole shown in the photo is a 160 yard par 3 and was part of their front nine as the fourth hole. I know at one time they changed the nines and it may be the 13th hole now. I made my only hole in one on this particular hole as a nineteen year old in 1972. Might explain how I got my username   Thanks for asking!
I'm a senior systems engineer and specialize in three diverse areas: Avionics for spacecraft and aircraft, Network communications and infrastructures, and Audio-Visual Systems Integration. I have 30 years in these fields. Prior to that, I was an Avionics Technician in the US Navy for 8 years, with stints with VQ-4 (C-130's) and HSL-34 (SH-2F's).   I work presently in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, for an aerospace company that manufactures aircraft radios