or Connect

Posts by zipazoid

Well, I don't have Robert's number handy to call & ask him.  And besides, it's not the bad ones we're trying to determine. It's the HOF-worthy ones. 
It's not that I don't understand the role of a caddy...it's that I don't understand how one determines which ones are hall-of-fame-worthy.   I'll predict it now. The ones in there are the 'famous' ones - Angelo, Bruce, Bones, hell...maybe even Jack Jr. since he was on dad's bag for the 1986 Masters.   I mean, Briny Baird may have an awesome caddy. But I doubt he'd ever be considered for the HOF since his man has never won an event. 
 I agree. So how are these measured to determine the ones which are hall-of-fame worthy?
 Right. What's a 'great' caddy versus a 'regular' one? Better greens reading?  Does Danny Noonan get in? What about Romeo...oh wait, no. He couldn't talk Roy McAvoy out of losing the US Open.
A Caddy Hall of Fame? Really?   A hall of fame...for helpers. Never hit a single shot. Carry a bag. Yells at photographers. Tells the player yardage. Walks a lot.   I assume there has be a Stage Manager Hall of Fame. After all, that dude working the sound board makes bands sound good.
I snuck onto Seminole once & hit a few putts if that counts.
 Thanks, but Mox is correct. I just got home from my fantasy football draft & I gotta catch a flight in 8 hours to Panama. Don't even have time to prerank. Must sleep. Thanks for thinking of me though. 
 Then we differ on definition, cuz I would label all the above as simply bad people. A wife beater who hits his wife every 50 days is still a wife beater, whether its 2% or 100% of the time. And a thief is a thief, irrespective of the frequency of the theft.  But I wouldn't put Choi's actions on a par with a wife beater or common thief. Those are criminals. She isn't. No law was broken. She just does not have the ethics to be a professional golfer.
 Wow. quite a lofty standard you possess.  For me, I would be quite fine with someone who was 98% good. The 2% means they're human. Choi may be a very fine person who I may consider a friend if I got to know her. But she's a cheater, so she cannot, nor should not, play a sport for money that requires self-policing.
To me, the guilt is based on the utter simplicity of what she was to do - marking and placing a ball back down in the same spot.    To contrast, we've seen penalties where a player moved the coin a putterhead's length then forget to move it back...or a questionable drop (like Tiger in the 2013 Masters)...or whatever. With those, there's a modicum of reasonable doubt/brain fart/whatever.   This was a rudimentary move that a 36-handicapper can do without incident...and a...