or Connect

Posts by RFetters

Texas Oklahoma Arkansas Missouri Minnesota Michigan Wisconsin Pennsylvania South Carolina North Carolina Georgia Florida Alabama Arizona Callifornia Idaho Wyoming Nebraska South Dakota North Dakota
Break down your game into the various segments,,ie driving results, long second shots, mid-range second shots, short range shots, (70-135), chipping/pitching, recovery shots and last putting.  Decide which area/s need the most improvement (those that are costing you the most shots) and concentrate on those areas with diligent focused practice.   Personally, I would limit the number of areas to focus on to three to start, and for sure one area would be chipping and...
In our late teens, my brother and I were out playing at our local course, and one of our balls off the tee was a high fade into a very treed natural area.  Upon entering, we immediately began to find balls scattered thru out.  By the time we had hunted out the area, all four pockets of my shorts were full of balls, and my brother had not only filled his pockets as well but also had stuffed 4-5 more into his underwear.   By the time we finished the round, both of us were...
Just avoid scratch tournaments and you will be ok.  I think you will find that most tournaments and competitions are either flighted or handicapped in some way,,so just go out and have fun. 
Try asking him what he didnt like about golf.  You might get an interesting answer.  It could be something as easy to fix just by giving him a shorter course to play,,ie a par 3 course.  Another idea might be to let him bring a friend next time.   That might solve two problems, by him seeing that his friend doesnt hit it all that far either, and just having a friend along might make it more fun along the way.   My grandkids that are that age, get as much fun driving...
Chances are that he will just move his primary residence to a no state income tax state, which saves him quite a bit.  He can then continue to use his current residence as a secondary home if he so chooses.   I think he's actually making decisions just like a lot of other people are that are feeling burdened by their overall tax rate.
I custom ordered my G-20's online, and they were shipped directly from Ping, thru their authorized dealer.  I think a better question is to find out if your retailer is an authorized dealer.  Once you get your clubs, you then can register the serial numbers with Ping.  If in the process of registration you find out they are fakes, you can take action.    You may find that the clubs are real.  Know this,,Ping controls dealer pricing very seriously, so if you price is...
I voted breaking 80, but would have preferred a 75 option.  I just dont have the length at my age to get down below 70, but my short game and putting has improve dramatically the last few years.  I have shot 75 twice this year, and seemingly should be able to get below 75, but so far just havent been able to keep 5-6 bogeys off the card and dont make enough birdies to offset the bogeys.
I play on a course where it's common for  5 somes, and due to the course allowing private carts its not unusual that I will be walking, and the other 4 will be in separate carts.  I find that teeing off first and being able to get a 30 yard head start down one side of the fairway nearly always eliminates me lagging behind.  Its especially true when I outdrive at least one other player, and when I am outdriving all 4, I never lag behind.   So really there isnt an...
I know a couple of 80 year olds that use high lofted woods.   It's strange to see someone hitting a wood from 120,,but it seems to work for them.    The biggest problem I see is that they tend to get very little spin on the ball, so the ball tends to roll too far once it lands.