or Connect

Posts by Divotmaker77

Do not doubt he is a good instructor, but his show is made up of bandaide lessons.  Just an example, who in their right mind is going to a range with a large kid pool floater wrapped around their body?     Personally speaking, everytime I watch these guys on tv give lessons all it does is screws me up more.  I finally stopped watching these shows and strictly listen to what my instructor at the course is teaching me and concentrate on that only.   There are some great...
I am opposite as I am more of a picker.  I am really good out of greenside bunkers but terrible out of fairways because I tend to lift up trying to get the ball in the air quicker.  Have been working hard on not lifting my body and have been having more success lately.  
I used to watch videos on Youtube, watch Breed, Hall, and others on the Golf Channel and more times than not it screwed my swing up more.  Not saying some of the tips given are not good, just that there are so many ways to fix issues and everyone has their own way of teaching that it can all get overwhelming and creates too many thoughts in your head.  I finally learned to just listen to what my pro was teaching me and if I started having some issues I would just go get a...
Remember my first tournament.  Was a nervous wreck and played like it.  Was a great experience though because just casual rounds became much easier.  Have not played a tournament in 4 years.  My game has just been too inconsistent.  That said, I need to get back out there and test it against good competition again.
Agree as well.  If you hit them well I would not screw with it.  Once a club gets into your swing DNA do not mess with it.  Pros have to because they are getting paid to sport the latest clubs, but I know for a fact many would not switch if their sponsor did not make them.  The latest technology is much better, but I know several really good players who upgraded their woods, but have stuck with older irons with the worn ball mark dead center on all of their irons and still...
A few courses in my area are letting several traps grow in now because of budget issues.  They are mostly letting the fairway bunkers go and putting their money and effort into the ones around the greens. I love bunkers because I am really good hitting out of them, but it does get difficult when you are hitting off of hard dirt with no sand.  Course finally made them ground under repair spots because enough folks complained about them.   That said, I have seen more...
This has happened to me the last few years as I got much better at the game.  Going from a 25-30 HC to a single digit in a 5 year span has had lots of bumps and bruises.  This year alone I have not played well as I have hovered around the 11-12 HC zone.  My best score was a few days ago where I shot a legit 76.  Seems like this time of the year the past 2 years I all of the sudden start hitting the ball much better and I tend to creep around the 8-10 HC zone.     At...
The range took my HC from a 25-30 to single digits.  To avoid getting long winded, its all about what you put into it.  Beating ball after ball without practicing smart is a waste of time unless you just do not care about getting a lot better.  If you go to practice with a purpose then its a great use of time.  Just beating balls without taking the time for pre shot routines, not working on trying to hit different shots shapes, imagining course situations, etc. then its...
I believe Hunter was working on some different things with his short game.  Remember him talking on the golf channel about it a year or so ago and just seems he has not played well since.  Sort of like Luke Donald when he changed coaches to try and get better with his Driver.  Sometimes I think these guys overthink too much when it comes to changing things up to get better results when they were doing pretty well before.  I know many want to win more (especially majors),...
ProV1's and nothing else.  Have always been the softest and best around the greens for me.  Giive up a little distance because of their spin rates versus the cheaper balls.  Cost wise, I buy them online (lostgolfballs.com).  Can get a bucket of 50 or $50-60 which is a very good deal versus paying that much for a new dozen.