or Connect

Posts by Divotmaker77

I am definitely the "rangefinder guy".  I know it annoys a few folks at first but they tend to start wanting numbers from me as the round goes on.  Its simple to use and I think in the course of a full round it saves some time.   The only real annoyance I have is slow play.  I do have a friend who will look for a ton of balls (guy is a freaken millionaire and acts like finding a ball is like winning the lottery).  However, most times he is pretty good about picking his...
I think guys like him get to the point where they have heard enough negativity about themselves from folks around them that they become numb to it.  It may bother Bubba that he is not well liked on tour, but his personality probably tells him who cares because he has won two majors, is wealthier than most guys on tour, and ranked in the top 5.  His ego is a big reason why he is such a good player.  He can be so emotional at times and then be a complete a$$.  Tough guy to...
That marriage always seemed very strange.  Those two seem like total opposites (looks, personalities, etc).  Who knows what motivated the marriage to begin with, but glad no kids are involved.  
My advice to anyone who first starts playing the game, unless you are loaded and have nothing better to do with your money buy either a cheap used set that at least feels comfortable to you or buy a cheap new set like you can buy at Dick's etc.  Where you need to put your money is in lessons.  I promise, if you took $1000 and put them towards lessons and put $200 into clubs your game is going to be a lot better than doing it the other way.   As you get better what will...
To me, he looks more like the typical pros on tour do now.  Sure, some have more muscle, etc. but most are pretty lean guys.  Always funny when folks says someone who loses weight does not look healthy, but they did when they were fat?  Same things were said about David Duvall when he lost a ton of weight.     Personally, I am in the midst of losing a bunch right now.  Gained around 25 lbs when I sustained a back injury. If anything, I do not think my game is going to...
Agree  Like any product out there, as long as enough folks are willing to pay their inflated prices then the prices will keep going up.  I am as guilty as anyone for spending too much money on clubs.  I am now at the point where I look for used first or old generation (year before) new clubs and save half of what I would pay if it were a new release club.  There is no way a driver than came out last month is that much better than one that came out just a year ago.  Its...
Tiger is never going to be his old self and so many folks simply do not want to accept it.  I saw an article a week or so ago where the writer compared Tiger's collapse to Mike Tyson's.  Tyson really was not a good fighter after the Douglas loss (debatable if he was still good before that fight), but the boxing world wanted to believe the old Tyson would come back and he never did.  Every fight fans flocked to see him only to be disappointed time and time again as he...
I am competitive with myself and can get frustrated when I do not play well, but I do not want to break clubs or anything.  The older I have gotten the better I have not showed my frustration out loud to my playing partners and just have a hit the next shot mindset.  I get more frustrated missing short putts or leaving long ones way short than I ever do spraying some shots with the other clubs.  Its all perspective and after I hit any shot I just think about having the...
Golf ball manufacturers won't let it happen (having a chip in the ball).  If man can land on the moon I can promise you the technology to add a chip is easy and has already been created. Golf ball sales would take a big hit if everyone was able to locate them (except anything in the water).  
Another vote for Talking Stick. Played both courses in one day. Was a great course. Frankly, there really is no bad golf in the Scottsdale area. Scenery is nice everywhere. Courses kept in great condition, etc. We were set on a smaller budget so we did not play the TPC course and a few others that would have been tremendous but we played three courses and had a great time.