or Connect

Posts by Divotmaker77

First thing I noticed is you say you are hitting a 3 iron at a high handicap.  JMO, would not be using that club at your skill level.  You may hit it a good distance and accurate on occasions, but can't imagine you are hitting it consistently good.  If so, then your short game must be a mess to be a higher HC.  3 Iron is a tough club to hit which is why most folks use Hybrids now.  I am almost single digit and leave that club out of my bag and use a hybrid instead.  I play...
During this time of the year the ball will fly a mile in this heat and humidity.  I have hit a few 7 irons over 200 yards before, but it was about as perfect of a shot as I could ever hit.  Not many things better in life than hitting a golf ball flush.
Strong believer in getting fit if you are playing a lot more and want to really improve.  The long drive is worth it as long as you are going to a reputable fitter who knows what they are doing.  A lot of folks out there claiming to be good fitters with a launch monitor and all, but many really do not know how to truly fit someone correctly.  Do some research and just take the plunge and go see someone.  Now, if you are just playing once in awhile and just need a newer set...
Used the Optimizer (was an easy yet very informative process) and bought a sweet set of MP54's.  Love these clubs.  Not as forgiving on the days my swing is not all there, but when I am hitting well these clubs are like knife going through butter.  Will say I did like the Callaway Apex's.  Came very close to buying them, but have never been much of a Callaway fan so my brand preference came into play.
There really is not a clear definition for slow play because it happens in so many different ways.  You can put a time definition of 4 hours but I think 3.5 hours is adequate. Some people think over 3 hours is too long.   I have been in the trenches many times on courses that are very slow and had playing partners who helped contribute to it.  There are dozen of ways it happens, but I have 2 that most often happen (non-tournament conditions).   1. Look for balls too...
To me, Tiger just does not look like he really enjoys the game anymore.  I think it has become a "job" to him where he has to meet sponsor commitments, etc. and playing bad is just eating at him.   I do not doubt that he still loves the game, just do not think he enjoys the grind of practice, playing, etc. like he did when he was younger.  He now has kids that are growing up, a failed marriage, just got out of a relationship, etc.  He has a lot of stuff going on outside...
Like others have said, it depends on the person.  If you have the money to spend then get what you want.  Personally, I had never been fitted for irons until last year.  Decided that my mechanics had gotten solid and consistent enough to go ahead and get fitted.  I bought a set of Mizuno's for around $900.  I will have them for at least 5 years.  So, to me, it was a good purchase.  I am blessed enough to have the finances to afford it, but someone else with less finances...
I am definitely the "rangefinder guy".  I know it annoys a few folks at first but they tend to start wanting numbers from me as the round goes on.  Its simple to use and I think in the course of a full round it saves some time.   The only real annoyance I have is slow play.  I do have a friend who will look for a ton of balls (guy is a freaken millionaire and acts like finding a ball is like winning the lottery).  However, most times he is pretty good about picking his...
I think guys like him get to the point where they have heard enough negativity about themselves from folks around them that they become numb to it.  It may bother Bubba that he is not well liked on tour, but his personality probably tells him who cares because he has won two majors, is wealthier than most guys on tour, and ranked in the top 5.  His ego is a big reason why he is such a good player.  He can be so emotional at times and then be a complete a$$.  Tough guy to...
That marriage always seemed very strange.  Those two seem like total opposites (looks, personalities, etc).  Who knows what motivated the marriage to begin with, but glad no kids are involved.