or Connect

Posts by Divotmaker77

My thread above got moved over here so apologize for putting it in the wrong forum.   Anyway, did some more investigating and keep getting conflicting reviews of these devices.  Heard some complaints about the GSA Pro being made of plastic and concerns that it will not last long (tip that goes into the grip will break).  Also heard that it is vague on your clubhead impact position (just says open, square, or closed) whereas the Swingbyte gives you the actual degree. ...
Hey Folks, I know there was a long thread a while back concerning the Swingbyte technology.  I have had a few folks tell me about it and have read mixed reviews.  I also saw another device called the 3Bays GSA Pro.   The Swingbyte straps on under the grip of the club whereas the GSA Pro goes into the end of the grip that seems lighter and much easier to handle.    Anyone use any of these devices who could offer some opinions, advice, etc. on which one is the...
The Pros you can pull up have a deal with V1.  Tiger and others you mentioned are not signed by V1.   If you have an iPad or iPhone there are others apps you can download.  One is the Tiger "My Swing" app which is great.  There are some others but I use V1 and Tiger's app only.  Swing Coach is another good one that I have heards is good.
I walk alot and the Adidas shoes are not comfortable at all. Their achilles area wears out quicker than any other brand shoe I have used.  I currently wear some Nike shoes that look like tennis shoes and they are much more comfortable.   My first golf shoe I wore was a footjoy and it was fine.  Actually, I am thinking seriously about getting a new pair next year and leaning toward a footjoy.
Although my game has been a disaster this year, I did break 80 last year.  It was very simple in hindsight.  I kept the ball in play off the tee box, played to the middle of the green everytime, and did not 3 putt.  Yes, easier said than done, but if you have good mechanics, are not trying to force things (good tempo), and take your time yet not change your routine it will happen.  Honestly, I did not know I had done it until after the round when my partner added up the...
I do not think there is a big difference in distance (maybe 5 yards between them all).  That comes down to your swing speed.  The biggest difference is how they react around greens and 3-5 piece balls act much differently than the cheaper 2 piece.  The biggest issue I have with the expensive balls is the amount of spin they get off the tee which when I am not hitting well can greatly affect the ball flight.  I got fitted by a Bridgestone Rep and was told to stay away...
I am a Taylormade guy, but sorry not buying their marketing hype anymore.  I should be hitting my driver 400+ yards based on their marketing and am no further than I was with the first TM driver I bought in 2004.  I have the Burner 2.0 irons and they go as far as I need them to go.  Fact is, its the person using them and not the club. I constantly see folks spend a fortune on their equipment and have terrible mechanics and wonder why they do not get better.  I know what...
Does Taylormade have the cash to pay that kind of money?  Seems they are dominating the marketing end of things right now and who else would be better to take it to another level than Rory.
It's very easy to be scratch and not hitting long. A buddy I play with once in awhile is scratch and his best off the tee is maybe 240. He is like a surgeon with his irons and his short game is sick. I never see him on the range. He puts the headphones on and spends hours upon hours around the greens. I think it is just a gift some folks have because I could practice 20 hours a week on short game and never get as good as he is.
6-1 35 years old. 195lbs Average around 95 but occasionally can get up to 110 when things are clicking. Going to be putting a lot of time in the offseason to work on flexibility, rhythm,and lag. I can hit my irons a mile but always struggle with lag with all my woods. It's all about that whipping action that I am sure some of you high speed guys are good at.