or Connect

Posts by Divotmaker77

Have one and it really messes with me when I am practicing and decided to put it away. Trackman and a few other expensive devices are about as good as you can get but most of us cannot afford those things.   I tend to regress when I start relying heavily on numbers.  I focus more on ball flight and how far the ball goes.  If you learn the ball flight laws you really do not need these electronic gadgets, but they sure are fun to play with though.
Just have never gotten any good feel from their clubs and some of the past were just plain ugly to the eye at address.  To each his own and if you get the results you want playing with their equipment then go for it, but I just think other companies simply make better quality and performing equipment for the average player and not specific to their tour players.  At least Nike does not introduce something that is going to dramatically improve my game every three months...
The last company I think of when wanting clubs is Nike.  Apparel is nice but that is about it.  The whole neon color is just silly on equipment.  Will stick with my incredible Mizuno's
Have heard some good stories about the "old Ricky" that were pretty good.  I really not care for the flashy clothes, but the kid has major game and is maturing before our eyes.  The best thing for golf is for him, Spieth, and some other young guys to take the torch and be the guys who chase Rory much like Phil and some others did with Tiger.  Although I think his injuries have done him in, someone like Anthony Kim was good because of his cockiness.  I know some folks hate...
Repeating others here, but most folks I know do not mind playing with a bad player or someone who has not played much as long as that person has fun and does not take themselves too seriously.  More importantly, play fast and pick up your ball when it is time to.  Nothing worse than playing with someone who thinks they should swing like Tiger and moan and groan all over the course all the while playing 10 shots per hole.  Some of the funnest rounds I have played are with...
Would you pay the Pro's entry fee if it is a Pro Am tournament? Someone at my club invited me to play in one awhile back but said I had to pay my portion of the pro's share of the entry fee.  
Folks can not like the guy all they want but the simple fact is that he has two major victories, other wins on tour, and has made enough money to live well the rest of this life.  He needs to work on his attitude but I think the majority on tour would take his career accomplishments and run. 
Honestly, you did not do this guy and his girlfriend any favors by not getting on them. All they will do now is think their behavior and cheating is acceptable. I was in a tournament one time and was playing with some older guys. I made a mistake and signed an incorrect scorecard and got called for it. It sucked but I learned a lesson that has helped me make absolute sure now that I sign the right score. If you want to cheat all the time and give yourself better...
Just battled a nice neck injury that I fought and fought (work on the desk a lot as well).  My ergonomics was not good and got it fixed.  Bigger issue is that I found out with an MRI that I have a herniated disk.  My golf game went to complete crap and was in constant pain.     If the pain does not get better I highly recommend seeing a doctor.  What you think is a basic neck pain could be more and playing golf is going to make it worse.  My doctor prescribed me specific...
Hey All, I am in the midst of contemplating a driver change and just needed some opinions.   Currently play with a stock R11. 60 gram stiff shaft.  Usually play it with a 10.5 / Neutral setting.  Never had a good fitting session with my driver.  My irons were all custom fit this past year.   I suffered a neck injury that has caused me to lose some distance and thought I would try some new clubs at the store just to see if I was not using the right driver for my current...