or Connect

Posts by Divotmaker77

My last three rounds were miserable.  5 hours each.  I normally get done in 3:30.  Was very frustrating.  Caused by older folks taking too much time, groups of 5, and just groups of hackers who hit multiple balls on each hole.   I know we all pay our money to play a round.  We all want to have fun and a good experience.  However, I can never get into a rhythm and as I play bad I get angrier and the experience ends up being a bad one.     Courses are so desperate for...
Used to be a TM guy but have gone away from them.  They have too many products on the market and most of their "revolutionary" equipment are over marketed BS.  I am still waiting on that 350 yard drive since each driver I have bought from them over the years was supposed to add an additional 15-20 yards.  
The Apple Watch is going to be a game changer like all of their products.  Not going to get into a tech nerd fight on who is better but the fact is when Apple comes out with a new product folks pay attention.  They are putting too much money and resources into for it not to be successful.  Its easy to laugh at it now but when you really take a look at what it can do and the possibilities in the future it is an incredible tech advancement.  For me, the health apps with the...
Ok, I have had a chance to play some more rounds with this and I have to be honest,  I am not sold on it.  I know it is easy to go in and edit once the round is done but I went out of town and did not have access to a computer so it was hard to remember what all needed edited and my rounds were pretty much impossible to edit correctly so I had to scratch them.  A lot of times the GPS is off so I have to fix where I was actually hitting from.  The bigger issue for me is I...
I did the same but it took me a few months to get used to them.  It seemed to really hurt me on longer lag putts but now that I have gotten used to them my putting has gotten better.  
I recently stopped warming up on the range and just stretch some.  What I have found is that when on the range swing mechanics start entering my head and if I see some bad shots it follows me to the course.  Just hit one shank on the range and your round is doomed.  Going to the first tee without any thoughts on a bad shot on the range allows you to focus completely on that hole and what you want to do.  I may spend 10 minutes putting but even now I have almost stopped...
Sorry, may have been mentioned before. Does it take into slope readings? Example: par 3 that is about 205 uphill. I hit the green which should have been a 200 yard shot but it says 185.
OK, played 9 with this today and just went through my round on the computer.  I forgot to tag one shot and was easy to fix once I played with the program some.  That said, its a little confusing on the course to remember if you tagged or not but I will take others info and figure that it will take  a few rounds to get used to it.  I did notice that on the map some of the tagged shots were not in the correct spot.  Also, not a fan of fixing the tags on the greens.  Its a...
The only thing I keep up with is how many three putts or more did I have a round.  I can live with 2 putts every hole as long as I am not hitting the ball all over the map that day.  Once you enter the three or more putt zone you are going to endure a long and painful day on the course.  Now, if you are a Pro then that is a whole different ballgame. Think they average from 27 to 30 a round.
Thanks to iacas I bought this dang thing today.  Thanks a lot.   Sure you do not work for this company??  Went to Golfsmith to get some clubs re-gripped and of course they had the bad boy front and center on the counter (brilliant marketing) and seeing that it came down to $200 and I have 30 days to return I made the plunge and got it.  Going to try it on Friday and see how it does.  A little nervous with the tags because they are somewhat loose on a few of my clubs even...