or Connect

Posts by Divotmaker77

There really is not a clear definition for slow play because it happens in so many different ways.  You can put a time definition of 4 hours but I think 3.5 hours is adequate. Some people think over 3 hours is too long.   I have been in the trenches many times on courses that are very slow and had playing partners who helped contribute to it.  There are dozen of ways it happens, but I have 2 that most often happen (non-tournament conditions).   1. Look for balls too...
To me, Tiger just does not look like he really enjoys the game anymore.  I think it has become a "job" to him where he has to meet sponsor commitments, etc. and playing bad is just eating at him.   I do not doubt that he still loves the game, just do not think he enjoys the grind of practice, playing, etc. like he did when he was younger.  He now has kids that are growing up, a failed marriage, just got out of a relationship, etc.  He has a lot of stuff going on outside...
Like others have said, it depends on the person.  If you have the money to spend then get what you want.  Personally, I had never been fitted for irons until last year.  Decided that my mechanics had gotten solid and consistent enough to go ahead and get fitted.  I bought a set of Mizuno's for around $900.  I will have them for at least 5 years.  So, to me, it was a good purchase.  I am blessed enough to have the finances to afford it, but someone else with less finances...
I am definitely the "rangefinder guy".  I know it annoys a few folks at first but they tend to start wanting numbers from me as the round goes on.  Its simple to use and I think in the course of a full round it saves some time.   The only real annoyance I have is slow play.  I do have a friend who will look for a ton of balls (guy is a freaken millionaire and acts like finding a ball is like winning the lottery).  However, most times he is pretty good about picking his...
I think guys like him get to the point where they have heard enough negativity about themselves from folks around them that they become numb to it.  It may bother Bubba that he is not well liked on tour, but his personality probably tells him who cares because he has won two majors, is wealthier than most guys on tour, and ranked in the top 5.  His ego is a big reason why he is such a good player.  He can be so emotional at times and then be a complete a$$.  Tough guy to...
That marriage always seemed very strange.  Those two seem like total opposites (looks, personalities, etc).  Who knows what motivated the marriage to begin with, but glad no kids are involved.  
My advice to anyone who first starts playing the game, unless you are loaded and have nothing better to do with your money buy either a cheap used set that at least feels comfortable to you or buy a cheap new set like you can buy at Dick's etc.  Where you need to put your money is in lessons.  I promise, if you took $1000 and put them towards lessons and put $200 into clubs your game is going to be a lot better than doing it the other way.   As you get better what will...
To me, he looks more like the typical pros on tour do now.  Sure, some have more muscle, etc. but most are pretty lean guys.  Always funny when folks says someone who loses weight does not look healthy, but they did when they were fat?  Same things were said about David Duvall when he lost a ton of weight.     Personally, I am in the midst of losing a bunch right now.  Gained around 25 lbs when I sustained a back injury. If anything, I do not think my game is going to...
Agree  Like any product out there, as long as enough folks are willing to pay their inflated prices then the prices will keep going up.  I am as guilty as anyone for spending too much money on clubs.  I am now at the point where I look for used first or old generation (year before) new clubs and save half of what I would pay if it were a new release club.  There is no way a driver than came out last month is that much better than one that came out just a year ago.  Its...
Tiger is never going to be his old self and so many folks simply do not want to accept it.  I saw an article a week or so ago where the writer compared Tiger's collapse to Mike Tyson's.  Tyson really was not a good fighter after the Douglas loss (debatable if he was still good before that fight), but the boxing world wanted to believe the old Tyson would come back and he never did.  Every fight fans flocked to see him only to be disappointed time and time again as he...