or Connect

Posts by Beukes

No problem, iacas, leaving. Just revise your selection of 'Forum Leaders', okay? Even if they have like 17000 posts and tucked out shirts. Adieu.
Oh, little Seanie loves it - he has nothing else.. apart from being a non-boutiqued 'Forum Leader' on a very, very famous golf forum, where he has got like 17000 posts. Really? Yippie-Ki-Yay.
Just go **** yourself, bud.
Do I sense a studenticose inferiority? Oh no, its a FORUM LEADER... Take some time off and actually read the thread. Then even unboutiqued, unbranded fanboys could understand the 'elitist' reference was not self-referential, but indeed a reference to corporate branding made earlier in the thread. Please tuck in your shirt or get another avatar.  
It is, isn't it? You have to maintain a sense of humor in this thread, given the rather 'unique' positions put forward re "Will I play golf?" or "Will I play real golf according to the real rules of golf?". And real golfers, sir, kick kickboxers' ass.  
I have played ProV1X for a long time now and swear by the product, as I do with Titleist in general and all its sub-brands (FootJoy, Vokey & Scotty Cameron). I am not merely loyal to the brand, but to the notion of unsurpassable quality. Yes, the balls are expensive, but worth every cent. Yes, they do carry an elitist image (I admit), but at the very least you could never blame the equipment.   On the other hand: do you really watch what ball another guy is playing?...
Does anyone know of any established and clinically proven relation between the psychological experience of anxiety and nervousness within the context of golf or any other competitive sport, and the physiological experience of blood sugar dropping (nausea,  tremor, cold sweat, dry mouth, dilated pupils, etc)? Which is the cause and which is the effect?   It has happened a few times to me now that even if take care to eat a protein bar consisting of 30 grams of whey...
If I carry my own bag on any of my two days of competitive golf per week, I will spent only 60 minutes in the gym before the round. If I take a caddie on one or both those two rounds, I will do my normal 90 minute workout - I have never felt too tired afterwards to swing properly. Actually, it is the other way around - my muscles feel supple and ready to go after a proper workout. Carrying one's own bag after a workout does take a toll though - that's why only 60 minutes...
  To all those that did react to my note (and clearly there are many of you who obviously dislike the rules of golf):   I did stress in my note above that one should rigidly adhere and conform to the rules of golf when one intends to hand in a scorecard for whatever official reason or for handicap indexing.   If you are leisuring about or practicing on the course (I do both often) you simply should keep that "score" to yourself, report a Not-Recorded Round on the system...
I am amazed and rather annoyed by the frivolous nature of some of the contributions in this thread. The Rules of Golf are not open for ad hoc revision. They exist to guarantee the integrity of the sport. If you have ever provided a score for official or handicap purposes without being certain and honest that you have knowingly not broken any rules or compromised the integrity of the game, you are a cheat and should not be playing golf. It is that simple and that rigid,...