or Connect

Posts by dkling8

With the ball more forward than usual, or in a neutral position? (I assume a neutral position based on your next sentence, but I wanted to clarify).   For a swing with a later "release", would placing the ball further forward for irons cause AoA issues? Why do you recommend a bit of "throw" for irons instead of moving the ball up?   And would you recommend a little "throw" with the driver too?
My drives have always been pushes. I have to intentionally flip like crazy to be able to hit it straight.   Just to experiment, I tried playing the ball an inch FORWARD of my front foot, teed pretty high, hitting up. Here's the video:         Just from these two pictures, you can see how much ball position would affect my drives. I'm 6'3'' with long legs, and I've always gone with the standard "inside left foot" ball position. I'm reconsidering,...
1. Charl Schwartzel (-7) 2. Steve Stricker (-5) 3. D.A. Points (-5)  
I feel like this is my best swing to date. I'm going to work on lowering my scores, instead of tinkering around with my swing every week. Unless anyone sees any big changes I need to make, I think I'm going to just relax and play some golf for awhile.    
  Especially the last sentence, considering the entire article teaches you how to hit 'double-cross draws'.
I have this problem from time to time too. I find it's when I'm set up a little bit too close to the ball, and my weight is too much on my heels at address. Your video shows some of both of those things in my opinion.   Maybe you could try backing off the ball a bit, and making sure your weight feels more toward the balls of your feet.
I wouldn't worry about it honestly. As far as the actual performance of your clubs goes, it most likely has little to no effect. I think offset is more about how your clubs look to your eye at address.
I use a line.   If I can't line up a putt when looking directly down the line of the putt from behind, I don't think I would be much better hunched over with a tilted head. It's mostly a confidence thing.
Here ya go. I actually did get my distance equation from eq 37, I just added in some things to change angle to grade and rho to stimp.
Honestly it's probably   20% wedges 60% irons 20% woods   I feel like I am improving my swing most when I'm hitting 5-8 iron. I can focus on mechanics since my swing doesn't feel overly flat (driver) or upright (wedges). I usually start with wedges and move to longer clubs, but if there's a day where I can't hit a solid 8 iron, I'm not going to feel like moving up to 4 iron or driver.