or Connect

Posts by Joe Mama

I think we've all had a chance to adequately express our views. In looking ahead, I cannot see how further discussion by me will be welcomed by others in this forum, so I will devote my attention to other threads and not succumb to the temptation to comment further. Thanks to all for their participation and constructive comments.
If by "pulling the ball" you mean that I'm intentionally drawing the ball, that's not something I've ever said is happening. I'm hitting it straight, not to the left.I cannot help what sounds you hear, but I've never said or tried to imply that I've given up on improving. Quite the contrary. Do golfers who've given up on improving join golfing forums to describe their discoveries (actual or imagined)? I would not have given up on curing my OTT using the orthodox stance...
Congratulations on defeating your OTT. Maybe your success, in contrast to my failure, is not due to your greater perseverance, but to your comparative youth and or greater flexibility. Did you cure your OTT only after fifteen years of play, or was it after two years of playing? Are you in your seventies, too?As for my 17 handicap being an indication that my recent change (made last week) isn't working for me, please allow me to update my handicap after several more...
I now hit the ball better than I used to, so I consider myself better than I was, though I am sad to hear I won't get any better.You WOULD hit your left knee if you start your downswing toward the target line (toward your body's 8:00 o'clock). My swing is from 3:00 to 9:00.I constantly strive to improve. As I said before, I am here to share my experiences. There may be others who have had a similar experience and will say so in this forum, which could encourage others who...
I asked if anyone else had experienced the same kind of success as I've had in the hope that the support of others might encourage others to try out the closed stance swing. Maybe it will work for them, too. I wasn't looking for a critique of my swing at this point. Maybe later.
It would be very crowded indeed with the ball in the standard position at center or left of center stance. I place the ball way to the right of center, near the right foot.It not easy for me to make a suitable video, but that's not a problem for me because I'm not looking for help with my swing. I offered an account of my experiences just in case others might try the closed stance swing like mine and perhaps improve their playing.
I have struggled with OTT for all of the (three +) years I've been playing. Based on the hundreds of posts on this and other forums, I would guess that 90% of high-cappers have varying degrees of OTT problems. If it were easy to fix, we'd never mention it. Rather than fighting what--for most--is evidently an un-winnable war, I've chosen an easier way out.It works for me better than any of the hundreds of trials and error compensating swings I've tried. Maybe it will...
I use a strong grip, with three knuckles of the left hand visible, my left thumb at the top right side of the shaft, 90% covered by my right heel pad. I tend to mis-hit my short irons with the standard open stance (left foot back one inch, flared left five degrees, right foot square) unless I take the club back inside and swing down along the 4:00-10:00 direction (instead of along 3:00-9:00). Too often, however, I take it back too far inside, or not enough. Looking for...
If the only cause of sending the ball to the left, or right, is the direction of the face at setup, then nobody would have a problem seeing what the face angle is and knowing what to do about it, I agree. No physics or advanced math is necessary in that case. But, as I've argued in previous posts, forearm rotation--too much, or too little, depending on the lie, is also a factor.
Golfing to me is not just about making great swings and shooting low scores. I want to know, for example, WHY the ball curves one way or the other, depending on spin direction. It's not enough for me to memorize that under-spin causes the ball to lift, for example. I needed to discover how and why the air pressure above the ball is lower than the air pressure above the ball. I enjoy thinking about these things; indeed, I will "over-think" about them until I think I...