or Connect

Posts by Joe Mama

The physics of it just make no sense irons the same length and weight... In a perfect world would go the same distance... If each club was swung the same... Ever do the pendulum experiment in physics? You're golf swing is just a extended pendulum (at least from the point where you unbreak you wrists on the downswing to when you break them on tje follow-through) if I wanted to play the 1 iron golf system... I'd just grab my v blade 7-iron and go play with just the one...
http://www.golfpro-online.com/tuition/lking/six.html     By "swing arc" I assume you mean the (nearly) circular arc traveled by the club head on the backswing, and later on the downswing.  By "square to the arc," I assume you mean that a line drawn perpendicular to the club face is at all times tangent to the arc.   It works for me.  I just have to make sure that I have an extreme weak grip.
I use a neutral grip for my irons and hybrids and a strong grip for my driver and woods.
I am 67 years old. I took up the game 12 months ago and have been diligently practicing on the range and with my artificial grass surface and net in my garage every day, two or three hours per day. My problem has always been lack of consistency, even with the short irons, and I have never had any success with the along irons. I eventually gave up on the long irons and took them out of my bag and replaced them with hybrids, which were easier to hit. Half the time I hit...
The proper wrist cocks and hinges will automatically (naturally) occur if the stance and grip are correct and a low and slow wide backswing is taken.  Incorrect wrist positions at the top are the effect of a poor grip, stance or takeback, i.e., are the consequences of a poor swing, not the cause.  Get it right in the beginning, and the chain reaction that is then set in motion leads to good swing mechanics later on, including good wrist cocks and hinges.  If your wrist...