or Connect

Posts by club ho

Tiger has had more wins than any golfer in the last 18 months. He has had an injury that has kept him out of competition this year.    If he didn't hit the flag stick at the masters does anyone believe that he would not have won that Major?   Today Bramble doubled down and compared Tiger to an over aged actor with too much plastic surgery. If it was not for Tiger Woods Bumble Chamblee would not have a job at the Golf Channel.
Just an observation on my part. I was watching the finals of the LPGA in Texas and the gallery where very small actually it was hard to call them galleries IMO. I personally enjoy watching womens golf as much and sometimes more than the men's tour events. Probably because they hit about the same distance as I do so it is easier for me to relate to there games. But I am relatively sure that the viewer ratings are not that spectacular. Granted 13% is a good improvement but...
This is true but in this new multi media world we live in there is so many other things people can do the competition for survival on a major network is extremely difficult. Take a look at professional tennis. I couldn't name more than three or four men's players current playing the same with the women's tennis. Without a doubt every pro player should take a turn kissing TW's ass.
I am like you not informed of what the bidding process or contracts are for gaining shows broadcasting rights. It just seems to me that both the Golf Channel and the golf tours would be a better fit for ABC because of there association with DIsney. They would compliment each other.
I would bet that NBC would be willing to make a deal to cast off both the golf channel and there PGA interests. Mainly because ABC would have the reason to offer more money than NBC can realize from them.
It is purely an observation as a businessman. Believe it or not the LPGA is hanging on by its fingernails. If you don't believe it take a look at the paltry size of the galleries at the events. It desperately needs an infusion of viewers in order to succeed. The PGA  while not hurting as much could definitely use a lift as well particularly the Champions tour. If TIger fades from the scene then all bets are off for the PGA's success as well.  My point is thatDisney has a...
To me it would make more sense for ABC to own the rights to broadcasting the pro golfing events. The reason is obvious part of the biggest draw for watching these events is the destinations that they take place. ABC with its Disney interests is light years ahead of the other networks and has a vested interest in promoting these destinations.    At the Ko Olina LPGA event it was interesting looking at the course and many shots included the new beautiful Disney's Aulani...
Since 2001 the Masters has been somewhat of a Tiger/ Phil Show. Not this year WIth TIger out and Phil's health questionable this proves to be a rather weak field. If Rory can keep his mind on golf instead of his girl friend I would say he could shred this field.
Rory Mcillroy     -15   Jason Day          -10   Phil Mickelson     -11
I believe this is the best comment I have read about this issue. Obviously it is what it is and Paddy will not play this year. If and when Paddy picks off another major I will be back to remind the unbelievers on this board.