or Connect

Posts by Tontj5

Michelle Wie Wins U.S. Open for her First Major Championship   Michelle Wie Wins Her First Major Championship We have all waited for this for such a very long time. Michelle Wie won her first major championship today, by winning the U.S. Open by two strokes over Stacy Lewis. Michelle started the day in a tie for first place with Amy Yang. At the start it did not appear that this was going to be Michelle's day as she and her playing partner...
Her name is Inbee Park and she is still (just barely), #1.Your points though are well taken.
First let me congratulate Jessica Korda for winning the Airbus LPGA Classic. Jessica defeated Anna Nordqvist by 1 stroke in another incredibly exciting LPGA finish. At one point on the back nine, six players were tied for 1st place. Jessica birdied the 18th hole to secure her victory. Jessica Korda wins 2014 Airbus LPGA Classic     I have been critical at times the past couple of years, voicing my...
I have been writing about the LPGA for quite some time now, but never has it been more enjoyable for me than it is now.    What has made this more enjoyable with each passing week, is that things have finally begun to change. There is no doubt that the LPGA in 2014 has reached new heights in popularity that hasn't been seen in many years.   Attendance has been up both internationally and here at home. Television ratings have increased dramatically. Media coverage...
Now that we have completed about 1/3 of the LPGA season, I would like to look at the players that have made the biggest leaps, and taken the biggest falls in the Rolex Rankings this year. The Rolex Rankings system awards points to players based on an accumulated 104-week "rolling" period, with the points awarded in the most recent 13-week period carrying a stronger value. A player is then ranked according to her average points per tournament, as determined by dividing her...
This is the LPGA at its best. It doesn't get better than this. Wie & Lexi in the final group with a Hall of Famer and a future star playing ahead of them. For those people who think the LPGA is a joke, tune in tomorrow you might learn something.
An interesting side note:   Paula Creamer tied Tiger Woods for the all time record for consecutive cuts made in major championships with 37. Tiger did it, I believe, between 1997 and 2006. Paula has never missed a major cut in her career. She also has made her last 73 cuts on the LPGA tour.
Suzann Pettersen is not in the field. She has missed the last few week's with back problems.
    Paula Creamer sank a 75 foot eagle putt on the second playoff hole to defeat Azahara Munoz and win the HSBC Champions on Sunday for her 10th career victory.   Creamer and Munoz finished 72 holes tied at 10-under 278, one stroke ahead of Karrie Webb, who led after every round but bogeyed three of her last six holes to give up a three-shot lead and finish third.    
Yes she has played well so far this year. She also finished 3rd, 24th 7th, and 11th in her last 4 tournaments last year.As strange and unusual that putting stance is, it is working. Michelle finished #113 on the LPGA in Putts per greens in regulation in 2012. She improved to 25th last year. As far as the people here that say she does not want it bad enough, I disagree. Michelle has finally found a peaceful place. She no longer has the pressure of having to live up to that...