or Connect

Posts by k-troop

Can anyone tell me how these will size in comparison to a footjoy or nike?  I'm in need of a new pair of shoes, I do a lot of walking, and these are pretty inexpensive.  Plus you all think they're really cool and I really want to be part of the cool-kid club.
You ever see what Miguel Angel Jiminez does on the range before he warms up?  Yoga-like stretches.  That's the best thing I've found for getting loose, then a couple of practice swings to get the feel of the swing.  Maybe a few chips (even around the tee box) to get the feel of the ball hitting the center of the clubface.  Two minutes of stretching, followed by 5-10 practice swings, going from slow to fast.  Make it quality (i.e. not just slinging a club around) and it...
 That may be true.  It's also completely irrelevant.  Few of us are trying to make it on a professional golf tour, and none of us is being featured on a television series because of our golf skills.
As I think about this it occurs to me that this could actually be more evidence of Tiger's superiority if you compare margin of victory in Tiger's first six major wins (I believe thru 2001) and compare them to Jack's margin thru any six consecutive majors Jack won. I'd do it myself but that's not the topic here (and I'm headed out to play golf, hehe).
 Yeah, the point I was trying to make was lost in the argument (hard to draft a cohesive argument in just a few minutes).  Essentially, the point is this:  the strength of the field in "Tiger's career" might not have been consistent throughout his career.  It's possible that the latter part of Tiger's career (2008 and after, 10 years after Tiger's first major) have seen much, much stronger fields largely as a result of Tiger's influence.  If you agree with this, you might...
Let's tease out the relative strength during Tiger's major winning years, between 1997-2008. There may be room for an argument that the relative difference in strength of field between 1960 (Jack's near miss at the US Open) and 1997 isn't that great. The equipment and player explosion happened (or was at least exponentially accelerated by) Tiger's explosion into the scene. Is it possible that Tiger has been a victim of his own success? Hypothesis: years 1997-2000 Tiger...
 Quote: Agree with @David in FL, but that's not necessarily a knock on Kyle.  I shoot even par or better once or twice a year (more when I'm playing a lot), so I think I should be scratch.  Anytime I shoot above 76 I feel like I had a bad round.  Reality is that of my last 21 rounds, only 6 of them were 76 or better and 6 were 80 or above.  When I'm out on the course I'm really just trying to make consistent contact, stay on plane, and hit greens, but I also keep count of...
I just recently watched a BB Florida episode--my first of this season, and I rarely watch BB.   I watched the one where they were testing distance control with the horizontal lines on the green and a choice to hit from 70, 90, 110, 130, and 150 yards.  For the elimination challenge they played to the same green from distances of 25, 110, and 300 yards.   My observation:  holy crap most of these girls totally suck.  I get it they don't hit the ball very far, but less...
The hula is a very spiritual dance for native Hawaiians; many non-natives who spent their entire lives in Hawaii and embraced the culture as their own feel the same way.  It's not so much a dance as it is a form of expression.  I'd classify Wie as a non-native who is true kama'aina and probably takes these things very personally.   Anywho...   Michelle's ball striking is pretty amazing this year.  You realize how good she's been hitting it when you think about all the...
Diving into this incredibly stupid thread for the first time. I've been a member at a club before, and long for the day when I can again. I currently can't because being an Army officer I move every two years. Private clubs are great because they are clubs. They're your home course. You know everyone there. You know the pro, bartender, and the bag room guys. You can get a tee time on the weekends. You can walk on whenever you want. You know the course. I wouldn't join a...