or Connect

Posts by joekelly

Tiger has said that among well known golfers, only MNorman and LTrevino 'owned their swings', implying some kind of self teaching and resistance to other ideas. And both these guys did have 'unique' golf swings.   I vote that Tiger should call on Lee Trevino to get some coaching tips since Moe is dead. 
Waxworks?  Looks real to me, and inviting. 
Just the facts, please. Have been watching Sky Sports, from UK and saw a boy, who looked to be 15-16 years old, playing in Scotland, along the River Clyde, in the Europro Glenfarclas pro tourney.   This tourney is sponsored by the European Tour and is considered the 3rd tier, a development competition tour. http://www.europrotour.com/   His competitors, all pros, most of whom are much older and experienced and some are  much, much larger as the boy is slight. But the...
So, Rulesman, would i be in violation if i repaired some nasty spike marks that lay beyond the hole, not within my 'line of putt'?  Considering some putts do not go into hole but, esp on a slope, end exactly opposite original line one could imagine fixing those marks might make a difference, if i missed the putt.    Or, never permitted to fix spike marks anywhere on green prior to holing out? 
I read the following comments in the NYT     “Billy Horschel often turns his cap backward upon holing out at No. 18. He has pondered playing an entire round with that slacker look, even after being advised that the PGA Tour might assess a fine.”   Am i correct that the tour policy forbids backwards caps?  Does anyone know the policy wording, like a copy of the contract?  Must players accept the policy or be fined?  Fines are known to be secret in assessment and value...
Two notions i can agree with here. First, the vast majority of golfers can not hit any club 230 yards so courses with long par 4s, and the like , do not offer very many par holes.  Secondly, i can agree with vantgator that without challenge, we can not improve.    We have a par 5 here with bunkers along the right  side at 220 yards.  Have seem few, darn few,  players beyond this range.  It's one of my goals, to get that far.  Now i can get 200,  but seldom more. For me,...
Dormie, would you also say that the line of play extends beyond hole?  I mean if removing water from the cup, let's say by a drinking straw on the far side of the cup,  away from the ball, constitutes messing with line of play, that implies such a line extends to .....where?  That decision on water removal seems crazy to me.    And does not the line of putt NOT extend beyond hole?  If not beyond hole, then ends at beginning of hole, or far end or center?    I suppose,...
HJKim, the teen who shot -10 first day, wins first LPGA tourney with -11, one stroke better  than KWebb.  3 more Koreans follow at -9 and -8. Lots of high scores 3rd and 4th rounds. 
Gotta wonder 'bout Greg.  One day he tells us to 'respect the sunball' and avoid skin cancer.  Later he prances around for photos, semi-naked, hatless in Florida during a summer day.  Gotta wonder where are his priorities.  Perhaps his hero is VPutin, also known to strut his naked torso.    And did not Prez RReagan post photos of himself chopping firewood when he was well into his old age?  Good exercise, he said.  Firewood chopping not without danger, esp to foot and...
Watch crystal about $25.  Use the 3W.