or Connect

Posts by joekelly

Ah, right.  The ubiquitous phone.  I never think of it, coz don't have one.
Mike.  Were you taking photos while on the bag?  Who's taking pix of you?    I have found that playing golf, and caddying, are very focused activities and incompatible with photo taking.  But i'm old and not too swift.    A good read, and nice photos.  Thnx  
Um, Tazman.  R u in Tasmania?  Club offerings there may indeed be limited to local forgers. 
@saevel25  I thought 'wristy putting' long ago went out of style.   I occasionally practice with more wrist action, can get nice clean stroke but distance control would take time to master.  Now i am very conscious of how far, precisely, i take the putter head back. Prior to putt, I visually measure the distance, slope, etc and figure 'take back 4 inches'. So i take it back only 4 inches and focus on moving putter head along needed line, do my best to eliminate mental...
Along a similar line.  My course has large, bright lamps installed at the 18th green, for games finishing late in the day. Here in tropics night falls fast, no twilight.  But if my ball on green and i am putting directly into beam of light, can't see ball well, or cup, could i claim relief from temporary obstruction?  I mean the lamp went on 5 mins ago, and no one else is bothered as their ball not in beam of lamp. Cannot turn lamp off until game over.  I recall pro...
Man, do i ever wish my new, and expensive, turbulator has chopped 6 strokes off my HC.  But i can't say that and be honest.  Lying is not permitted in golf, nor on these pages. 
Tourney over.  Scott Hend, Australia, defeats Philipino AQue in one hole playoff.  EEls 5 behind leaders at end.  This may indeed be the final hurrah for the Hong Kong Open.   It's been a pleasure for me to visit the great club at Fanling, to play golf there and observe the pro golfers during the tourney this year and the past 4 years. 
OK.  Few more.  Previous photo of tree parade, mostly 'broadleaved paperbark' an Australian pest tree, but certainly the most common tree here. . This tree so bad, it's labeled a 'noxious weed' in parts of USA. Esp So. Florida, so don't bring any home from travels. Many trees here, some 100 yrs and more.    Mr. Wong, i believe.  He won the citywide HK Amateur title, thereby gaining a spot in Open. Fourteen years old and defeating guys twice his age, that would be men,...
Offered a video cam, Panasonic, of quality and a few years, for reasonable price. Asking about slo mo options and would like opinions on what is minimum FPS, which i think is Frames per Second. No doubt the maximum FPS is a gas hog and totally unneeded but is eg, 250  FPS OK of golf swing videos.  Is 125 FPS also OK?  Any other features needed or desirable for such vid cams?   Advice welcome.  Unsure if this best forum for such Qs, but does seem like  a 'Tech' issue. 
I recently switched from 20 years of left handed putting to righty.  All shots now right handed. Now putter held tightly in left two fingers, the smallest and next. My right little finger is bent backwards onto the shaft so it touches the middle finger of left hand. Small finger of right hand totally out of play. You will be surprised how effective this can be. Grips are mostly a product of habit so to acquire new, different habit takes time and commitment.  This grip of...