or Connect

Posts by joekelly

8 teams comprised of 7 countries and one city.  Pretty weird.  And not one of the four players on that team would ever say that they come from 'Chinese Taipei'. There ain't no such place except in the chinese communist hegemony of Asia.     The commies threaten that missiles will rain over Asia if The Republic of China (Taiwan) is recognized by anyone.  And Taiwan is simply the common name for the island, aka Formosa.  So in order to bend very low to the  commie dollar...
I was on the course the other day and my play partner mentioned 'inversion table' (IT) and i wondered the benefits. News report i just read found very little , if any, benefit of IT for low back pain.  Cautions for those with hypertension, glaucoma or heart troubles. If you are unfamiliar with the 'upside down' position the blood rushing to your head and eyes esp can give you short term problems.
Langer started working as a golf pro at age 15?  That is a young age for a pro, but  old for a top-flight student of golf.  Now i gotta wonder just what is the precise meaning of 'golf pro'.  
Recent news discounts positive effect of drug, Paracetmatol, aka Acetominophen as found in Tylenol and other OTC meds for relief of lower back pain.    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/23/us-health-paracetamol-back-idUSKBN0FS2GD20140723   Of course, not all lower back pain has same cause and  some meds may offer relief.  I do know some guys pop 3 or 4 before activity, and maybe 3/4 after in hopes of less pain or more mobility. Also, above study only considers one...
Authoritative news here, from Ireland no less. Final result:  not a Rule of golf, only a tourney suggestion.     http://www.barryrhodes.com/2014/07/glory-rory-open-champion-2014.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RulesOfGolf+%28Rules+of+Golf%29
I have never heard of such a thing.  Of course, no one is asking for my autograph after 18 holes of golf.   http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/stock-watch-buying-rory-selling-bubba/   " British media criticized Rory for ignoring a young boy’s autograph request after winning the Open … except signing something before his card would have been against the rules. "
@vangator.  What's in the cream?  Most likely it's a topical NSAID, like ibuprofen or similar.  Same cautions apply coz the drug seeps into the bloodstream, the kidneys and blood vessels.  
My experience tells me that 'hitters' can improve but only 'swingers' can get to the top.  Here 'the top' means all you might be capable of. 
Sure it happens. I had my irons re-shafted, two days later on the mat range the 8i head flew off.  No one hurt, thank goodness. The shop had little to say but they did re-do the epoxy job and now all is well.  The thing is the confidence or trust that no other head will  go flying, at any time. I did not hit the mat beyond normal shotmaking. 
Oh man.  Where have i been?   Great posts here by all.      I had a glimpse today of my deep dependency.  Dependency on my good trusty friend, PW.  I love that guy, so useful to me.  His pitted face and nicked edge rely to me an honest friendship.  He was not in the bag today.  Soo, soo  stoopid of me.     His cousin, Number 52, just does not thrill,  The day's result indicates 'carry your friends;. Shot 107.