or Connect

Posts by joekelly

A drunk on the golf course, whether a  player or a fan, is really of little concern to me.  I can walk away.  But when the drunk gets into his car and becomes a menace to society, i do take great exception. Would be nice if at exit gate, one cop with breath analyzer machine stood watch and by random selection took a few samples.  Or sampled everyone.  Off to the pokey for a few.  And with plenty of onlookers. 
Most likely the pitch mark was mine.  So, using that knowledge, would say pitch mark first, then ball as rest.  No repair allowed. 
Euro TV guy said Shane Lowry used only the wedge for putting during the last 9 holes of his round.  I saw him on one of his last holes of the day putting with the wedge.   Anyone know what happened to his putter?  
Rory finally makes a birdie on 7.  Then puts on the big mittens.  He stands at +8, with 11 holes left on the round.  Cut line thought to be +4/5.    Storms roar in, blow rain sideways for 10 mins, then depart to leave sunny and cold.  Repeat. 
Could i repair a pitch mark in my line of putt if ball, and pitch mark, off the green?  Thought no today.   I could have putted the ball but the pitch hole and hunk of sod directly along  putt line meant  i must chip over.  
Well, yeah i can agree that arresting the bastards is good news.  But many folks wish that the FBI, etc, would arrest the bastard USA bankers who have stolen the money from so many small folks at home here.     Will these scum suffer?  Maybe not with good USA lawyers, whom they surely can afford. 
I've got some forged Titleist cavity back irons, about 3 yrs old.  Very nice feeling, esp on mis-hits.  Off the toe on the 8i, hardly see any difference except a few yards short.  Whether forged or cavity makes the difference in performance, i cannot say.  Look at the various cavity offerings on the market. Borrow and try a few sets. 
Great volg and look at RCD, the very un-sunny skies, the puffy jackets and woolen caps, mittens even.  You know the course will be tough to tame when even the caddies wear long trousers.    I opine the winning score will be -8 overall.  I wonder how many times Rory has played this course, not 100 miles from his hometown?
Good work, Covert.   Does show that reasonable golf is available even to those with marginal bodies.  That yoga pose, The Wheel, would be extra tough for you becoz of the stress it puts on the shoulder joints.  Far too easy for older guys to overdo the workouts, so take care. 
Jameson.  The more your 'head' stays in the swing, the less likely rapid change will happen,  IMO.  Thinking about instructor's advice, the diagrams in a book, the comments from a web site, all, yes all, will interfere with your progress over the 3 weeks.   If you were speaking of 3 years, i would not say this.  If you have been playing golf for more than 5 years, and are more than 30 yrs old, then what you got is highly ingrained, whether good, bad or indifferent.  But...