or Connect

Posts by MattM

I've been using them lately.  I think they are a great ball.  I can't believe anyone is having a hard time getting them to stop on the greens.  I haven't had much trouble with them at all.  Clearly, they don't stop as quickly as a prov1 but they don't roll out forever either.   On top of that they are a long ball definately!  I like them a little better than the Duo which I think will roll for miles at times.
Thank you!  I'm trying to figure out my bag now.  I know that the SLDR is longer off the deck than the RBZ but the R11s is longer than both!  Idealy I would like to have a 195-215 club (9wood) a 215-230 club(RBZ 3wood) and a 230+ club (R11s 3wood or SLDR).    After looking at my gamegolf stats my 4 iron is not a strong club for me so I'm going to take it out since the 9 wood covers those ranges.  I'm probably for the time being going to keep the RBZ in the bag so it's up...
I think the difference between your mid handicap and mine is that the only reason I am at a mid handicap is because of my distance.  I am able to overpower courses and that keeps my scores low.  In fast last year I got my handicap all the way down to a 9 before the winter.  Now it's back in the 12s but the distance is what keeps me low.   Having said that....I decided to play 9 at a local course tonight and instead of using my driver off the tee I used the SLDR Three...
Depends on the course i play. One is7100 yards and one is 7000. At dauphin Ihave the opportunity to get home in two 4 times.
The ball flight is incredible!  One of the issues I have with my three wood (and mini driver) is that when I make good contact with them the sound is good and the feel is good like I think I've just hit a bomb.  The problem is that they go to the top of their height and then basically die.  With this club all of the same stuff happens except when the ball gets up to it's highest it just keeps going (just like my driver).    I suspect that it's because of the differences...
So after I got Game Golf and found out that my usual 3 wood shot from the deck is only 225 yards I've been looking for a club to give me extra distance.  My search originally led me to the SLDR Mini driver which after a couple of rounds I'm seeing 237 yards average from the deck (not bad).    After looking at specs on 3 woods and drivers for a while it occured to me that one the Flightscope my swing speed from my driver to my 3 wood dropped about 8 mph which is a pretty...
It's absolutely killing me that i've only got a few looks with this thing so far!  I can't wait to get some additional data with it!  I feel as though I don't have to out and out kill it to get the distance I am looking for, but the two full on swings I've put into it were from a down slope that went 237 with no roll back onto the upslope and from a fairway lie that was right into the wind that went 236 with no roll.  While these are certainly in my case good numbers they...
Ok.....I have a few rounds in with it and the data I am getting from Game Golf is definitely encouraging!  I've take 6 shots in two rounds with it and once I figured out that I have to play it more in the center of my stance and I need keep it slightly open from my point of view the club definitely hits straight, gets the ball up in the air, and has shown more carry that my RBZ 3 wood with less effort.    Yesterday I had one shot that I basically topped, but it still had...
So two days ago I got my SLDR Mini Driver in and was pretty excited to see it.  I got this as a 3wood replacement because on game golf I am averaging only 227 yards with my rbz 3 wood.  Since I average over 240 yards with my Driver (if you take the 20yd duckhooks out of my average it's more like 265) I wanted a 3 wood that I could hit further to reach par 5s in two.   This mini is a 14 degree with the speeder 57 stiff shaft.  It was hard for me to tell on distances...
So, a little update.    Essentially, the horrible rounds I was having were the best thing to happen to my game.  After videoing the swings and going back through my old lessons tightening everything back up.......   I just shot my best round ever and first round in the 70s!  A 79 to be exact.  I was also EVEN on the front nine!  Here is my game golf link again....   http://www.gamegolf.com/player/MattM   Super excited about it too!!!