or Connect

Posts by MattM

So I think fixed the dispersion issue by adding a backswing thought. I was looking at my swing analysis vids though evolvr and the look of my backswing at the top looked much different from the pro I was being compared to. I went to the range with video and started working on it and it turns out that I was actually turning with like a flat turn in my backswing. I started thinkinginstead about rocking my shoders back as if i were putting. The wierd thing is that that...
Thank you for posting your plans!  I'm curious to know.  When you say you saved up the money to be able to persue this full time.  What kind of money do you think would have to be set aside for a person to be able to do this?
This is awesome!  Finally something legitimate that we can actually root for!  I'm definitely rooting for you!
 That last statement I find very helpful.  I will have to try working on a "struggling swing" to dial it in and get my distances right etc.  I definately need a "B" swing.  Also,  I'm going to try to step up and be loose on the course Sat. with one swing thought of feeling "loose" and not trying to "feel" differences in my backswing etc.  Just let me swing happen. I tried that on the range Monday and it was the best I've ever felt.  I hope it still works by Sat!
I agree.  I spend most of the round trying to figure out what I'm doing that's causing it.  Try to feel weight on front foot and holding off the top hand from coming over etc...  Sad part about it is that I get on the range and feel great ball flight is great etc.  Get on first tee and the feeling is gone....  Then I'm in fix it mode.  So, I'm the only one whose swing thought changes through out the round based on how I'm missing?
Agreed on the pull, but, what if I AM actually aiming the face right.  That's where the problem comes in!  I hit fades all day on the range same swing thought then get on the course and the fade turns into a pull or even a pull hook!  Conversely, the fade starts out as a fade then slowly turns into a slice!  Then I have to start thinking about it not slicing.  It just gets frustrating.    That said, I'm still playing the best golf I've ever played and broken into the 70s...
Ok guys I have a scenario for you, and it actually happens to me every time I golf.  I start off the first hole trying to play a fade the entire round.  Proceed to hit a straight pull with driver then straight pull with 3 wood then pull 52 degree.   Should I try to maintain my initial "fade" swing thoughts or begin to modify my swing thoughts to "fix" the pull and make sure it fades OR just try to play the pull from then on with no thoughts at all?    That remains my...
I've been using them lately.  I think they are a great ball.  I can't believe anyone is having a hard time getting them to stop on the greens.  I haven't had much trouble with them at all.  Clearly, they don't stop as quickly as a prov1 but they don't roll out forever either.   On top of that they are a long ball definately!  I like them a little better than the Duo which I think will roll for miles at times.
Thank you!  I'm trying to figure out my bag now.  I know that the SLDR is longer off the deck than the RBZ but the R11s is longer than both!  Idealy I would like to have a 195-215 club (9wood) a 215-230 club(RBZ 3wood) and a 230+ club (R11s 3wood or SLDR).    After looking at my gamegolf stats my 4 iron is not a strong club for me so I'm going to take it out since the 9 wood covers those ranges.  I'm probably for the time being going to keep the RBZ in the bag so it's up...
I think the difference between your mid handicap and mine is that the only reason I am at a mid handicap is because of my distance.  I am able to overpower courses and that keeps my scores low.  In fast last year I got my handicap all the way down to a 9 before the winter.  Now it's back in the 12s but the distance is what keeps me low.   Having said that....I decided to play 9 at a local course tonight and instead of using my driver off the tee I used the SLDR Three...