or Connect

Posts by MattM

So, a little update.    Essentially, the horrible rounds I was having were the best thing to happen to my game.  After videoing the swings and going back through my old lessons tightening everything back up.......   I just shot my best round ever and first round in the 70s!  A 79 to be exact.  I was also EVEN on the front nine!  Here is my game golf link again....   http://www.gamegolf.com/player/MattM   Super excited about it too!!!
I'm using the midpoint to get my slope percentage like you would with the midpoint read.  Then I just get behind the ball like express and use the numbers i got.  I really do feel like angling me body to always face up like a midpoint read gives me a much more accurate read of the slope percentage....
Until I had a total collapse last week I was using the stats I gleaned from game golf very effectively!  For instance, just having Game Golf and also having read the Lowest Score Wins I was able to do a shot cone for my 9 iron shots into the green.  When my swing is good my 9 iron is my 150 club so it's VERY important.  Anyway, my game golf stats for 9 rounds worth of 9iron shots into the green (a lot of shots) had me somewhere around 85% left.  So using what I knew about...
God!!!!  It's so frustrating!  So I went to the driving range after work, and started really screwing with my swing to start feeling changes and what could have gone wrong on Saturday.  Well....I figured it out and it is STUPID!  So, my normal grip with a thin golf grip basically wound up with a mostly neutral to weak left hand and a weak right hand with a HIGH trigger finger that separates from my right hand a bunch.  Well with the new thick grips I start gripping the...
I have never been more frustrated than I am right now!  So, after four years and tens of thousands of dollars on my golf game I am now just another mid 90's player somehow!    I was able to get my handicap down into the 9s last year!  Granted, I was working on swing changes because of Evolvr which can derail a game some because of the change, but I felt like I was making decent progress!   Fast forward to now and I come out at the beginning of this year and my brain...
I tend to look at the DVD a bit like my Evolvr classes!  So, the reason I went with Evolvr is because I kept forgetting what I was being taught by the pros teaching me.  With Evolvr it's in a video and I can go back and relearn everything whenever I need it.   With this video for Aimpoint it has helped me in much the same way.  Once I figured out a few things about how far to stand around the ball when I put my fingers up and the calibration I have been MUCH better at...
Mike is awesome!  He is who I went to to learn the midpoint read.  Did he take you out onto the course to do blind readings?
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/MattM/round/220428   My first GameGolf round and my first round of the year.  Man do I hate that first time I get out every year.  I play so poorly!   I love this system too BTW!  The one thing that I am having a problem with is tagging before every shot.  I kept forgetting but luckily it picked them up..    Like I said, I love this system so far!
Iacas, you said in a very well put and well thought out way exactly what I was attempting to say.    Everyone, just read Iacas's reply if you don't understand what I was trying to say....
Yup, I was just talking about the arm angles.