or Connect

Posts by MattM

Faceon slow mo.  
Ok I'm glad we are having this conversation because there is one thing that's been killing me that I haven't been able to fix.  So even when I preset my wrists if I try to get my right elbow off of my ribs it causes the club to point way over to the right of the target at the top of the backswing instead of the preferable layed off position that you guys like to see.    Do you have any idea what on earth I'm doing in my backswing that causes that?  Because when I even...
Here is a slow mo down the line vid of my latest driver swing. I'm still having issues shortening it though....  
You are right.  After seeing the pictures he definitely gets enough hip turn.  I'm probably just comparing him to my swing and after seeing this I think I get too much hip turn.  His swing is visually perfect though.....
After just seeing this I'm wondering if it's just me, but does he not get very much hip turn in his backswing with his driver?
Mvac, I wanted to report back on the progress.  In drills and practice I can successfully shorten my swing but when I take full cuts with the longer clubs my swing does go right back to where it was.   Having said that, I integrated the hitch you show into my swing to permanently shorten my back swing and while it does shorten it, it's only enough to get the club pointing more toward the target than off to the right like before at the top of my backswing. This has...
Mvmac I wanted to thank you for your drill. While I had some rather not good shots on sat during my round I also had the most quality shots in one round which netted me an 83. I almost holed a 110 yard shot and had two birdies! With this drill my swing has shortened just enough for the club not to wrap around my head. That alone has added tons of accuracy!!!
Yeah.....I gotta be honest.  Some of the arguing in here is kind of annoying.  People just arguing semantics etc.  Guys cut this guy some slack he is doing good things.  How about we root for someone for a change!
Awesome!!!!  Thank you very much!  I will definitely use this on the range!  I also found a great drill that I could use on the course that's pretty easy.    Basically, you line up to the ball (real or imaginary) take your stance, and then take your club and cocking your wrists and bending your right elbow just far enough to get your club resting onto your right shoulder.  Then you pivot keeping the club on the shoulder the whole time until you are done with your...
So you definitely see the same thing I do as well.....  I'm thinking this was probably my problem from the beginning.  Do you know of any drills I could try?  Tonight when I get home I'll just bend my right arm and cock my wrist then do my shoulder turn, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to try to reteach myself on the takeaway.