or Connect

Posts by lostmyballs

In essence that's 16 penalty strokes, so unless you play the rest of your round only 12 over par(ish) there's no way you're breaking a hundred. Those rare instances that I go a round without losing a ball I am fighting the 100 line.
The title explains it all. I'll be sitting in the fairway (who am I kidding, the rough) from about 50-80 yards out, and I reach for one of my Maxfli Revolution wedges (52, 56, 60*). The problem is, I primarily use them for touchy pitches, and I don't have much practice hitting them full, like a short iron. It also seems like those times when I do try to hit them full, they aren't (read: I'm not) very accurate, nor does the ball fly a predictable distance.   Does...
1) Keegan Bradley -9 2) Rory McIlroy -9 3) Brandt Snedeker - 9
Noticing the giant list of "don't pick these people for 2nd, 3rd choice", I'd like to edit my selection but won't actually  "Edit" it for fear of someone saying I did so after tourny began! So scratch the above post:   Keegan Bradley -12 Sang-Moon Bae -11 Mark Wilson -11   Got it?
Keegan Bradley -12 Phil Mickelson -11 Tiger Woods -11
I got a lot of opinions from this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/t/58586/bridgestone-e6-or-srixon-q-star. I'd like to turn it into a poll, to guide my buy later today. My foremost consideration is reduction of sidespin with the driver. Which would you buy?
At the 18th hole on my second ever round of golf I I come to a par 3 that demands a shot over water. My friend (equally new) and I are tied playing match play, so the hole is very important. He hits his tee shot *plunk* into the pond. I follow his shot with a wild pull into a big oak tree. I couldn't tell if it was lost or not, so I walked over to it to look. Thinking the 5-minute search rule applied, I spent the whole 5 minutes looking, knowing how important the hole...
I have played maybe 20-30 18 hole rounds, practice more often than I play, and still have never shot as low as you! So yeah, job well done amigo.
Thanks for the tips, mvmac. I have hit a few draws trying your advice. But I can't really control how much they draw, and I must admit I'm afraid that I'll hit one that won't draw back, and will land where my slice would have landed anyway.
I can't help but feel like everyone responding with disdain to this poster is wallowing in their self-regret that it isn't them with those high hopes and dreams anymore; like the guy who swears off women because he kept getting rejected, telling strangers not to bother approaching the woman across the room because "you'll never make it, believe you me".