or Connect

Posts by lostmyballs

Excellent tips, WUTiger. I have time to practice and am relatively new to the game so "reworking" my swing isn't much of a problem, so Pelz jumps out at me. Do you find that the relatively outdated nature of Pelz's book detracts from the help it gives? For example, does he advise anything that is more recently discredited? Or is it still relevant and useful? Also, you mention Phil's emphasis on bounce in the short game. This is something I have no clue about! Does Pelz...
I can't get flops to work, my short chips are atrocious (I'm always catching them thin), and my sand play is nonexistent. Which book would help me best?   If anyone is particularly interested in any of these books, visit their threads in the reading room linked...
  Quoted for truth
Great info mvmac! I will try that out next time at the range. I am so concerned with correcting my flight path that I haven't thought much about my weight transfer (or lack thereof).
Greens don't give multiple choice questions, so I think this quiz is kind of silly. Give me some pictures of greens and I'll tell you how they'll break.
I've heard it said that 90% of all golfers struggle with a slice at some point in their golfing careers. My question is, when that time came for you, how did you deal with it? What advice would you give to a younger version of yourself when that slice first surfaced?
Definitely the OB. A bad putt is one extra stroke, an OB tee shot is 2, plus the demoralization that comes with starting the hole on such a bad note.  
Of course! I play as a single quite often. I can appreciate the calmness of a round of golf without anyone around. A few hours of exercise, my thoughts, and many lost balls.   In general, don't let the fact that something may not be "normal" ever discourage you from doing it.   Still searching, Lostmyballs  
  I have to disagree with this. The range is for making mechanics changes, the course is for scoring well. If I try to fix my slice on the course... let's just say I'll be spending a lot of time in the woods.   Which is why I leave me driver in my car, and work on it at the range. It has gotten far less sporadic, but I can still hit my 3W 90% as far and straight twice as often, so why bother bringing the driver just yet?
Can people just chill the hell out on the golf course? It is the most frustrating thing when you have been looking forward to a nice relaxing day playing golf in the sun, and then you get there and it seems like everyone is playing speed golf trying to get home as soon as possible. Just take it easy already! Its golf, not a triathalon. I've been yelled at by a course attendant (not a marshall - that word carries way too much respect for a time keeper in a golf cart)...