or Connect

Posts by Rulesman

The ball was off the green
These putters are not and will not be against the rules.
 The difficulty in putting PoP in the rules is that most competition organisers don't have resources to manage it. Incidentally the R&A recommend and use 50/40
Unless there is a Pace of Play Condition of Competition in force, there's not much you can do about his slow preparation. But the clock would start when it is his turn to play and he has arrived at his ball. If he is first to play that type of shot (drive, pitch to green etc) he would get 50 secs, otherwise 40 secs.
 The Referee or Committee has the final call about whether relief is available. No specific decision is required, the Exception to 25-1 is sufficient. The tree root decision you mention is simply an example to demonstrate the point. The exceptions to 25-1 and 24-2 are something referees deal with all the time.
If it is a green where this happens often and the course management aren't concerned enough to make a local rule, then play it as it lies.   If it is a 'once in a blue moon' incident, again play it as it lies or take an unplayable if you are very concerned.   However, an isolated divot hole should be dealt with properly by the green staff by the following morning at the latest. From a protection aspect it really is no different from a rabbit scrape. Although I accept...
 I hope you included the penalties in your score  It is upto the committee/management to protect the course if the so wish. The facility is there.
Unless there is a Local Rule requiring you to take relief from the fringe.
I cannot see any of the clauses a), b) or c) in 14-3 being breached by a laser pointer.   Except as provided in the Rules, during a stipulated round the player must not use any artificial device or unusual equipment .... a. That might assist him in making a stroke or in his play; or b. For the purpose of gauging or measuring distance or conditions that might affect his play; or c. That might assist him in gripping the club,    I't can't be equated with a plumb line...
Why do people do that!