or Connect

Posts by Rulesman

Although the USGA & R&A differentiate between pros and amateurs in the Rules of Amateur Status, the Rules of Golf do not make any distinction.
Although marking the area around the green with yellow is not strictly necessary, it has the advantage of making it clear about when the DZ(s) should be used and hopefully prevent players from trying to fudge 2cl when not really available.
1) Most significantly c(ii).  2) 26-3.5 is about a specific situation relating to giving appropriate relief to a ball in a large body of water where certain relief options are not available or appropriate. It just says that a DZ may be justified to overcome the problem.It does not make a general rule about the use of dropping zones and types of water hazards.  3) You will see that the Appendix I Part A 6 does not exclude any type of water hazard.Dropping Zones Establishing...
I think you ought to read the definition of a Lateral Water Hazard. A "lateral water hazard" is a water hazard 
Apart from not getting the unplayable procedure right, in fact he can't declare a ball unplayable in a water hazard. He must proceed under the Water Hazard rule (26). 
 Where does it say that?
No modesty there then. But I would have used my 9 or choked down on my driver.
Only if you haven't yet started your round.
Ask yourself 'could the player have avoided doing what he did (or didn't)?'. It usually gives you the answer. The notable exception is Rule 18, where an accidental movement of the ball and a deliberate movement get the same penalty. The 2 strokes is for not replacing the ball; which the player does control.
They are generally awarded if the player had some control over the situation rather than a straight-forward accident.