or Connect

Posts by HeadGolfool

I would definitely put your driver back in the bag.  The big question do you have the time and money for lessons to fix your swing that is causing the problem?  If not you are going to have to give up your desire for distance in favor of learning how to keep the ball in play, out of trouble and learn to score.  You will gain some confidence start learning how to hit it straighter  and eventually start being able to hit longer clubs.   That's a big challenge as...
When you have days when things just aren't going right or even if they are and all of a sudden you have some bad holes in the middle of a round, change your mindset from trying to make a certain score.  I will play a different game where I forget about mechanics and put all my focus to hitting the ball from point A to point B to a very specific target.  No matter what the out come, I channel all my focus to the next target and I do this all the way into the hole.  I'm...
What I see a lot of golfers do especially with long irons is trying to help the ball in the air which will lead to thin shots and loss of distance.  What helps me sometimes when I'm not making solid contact is moving the ball back in my stance with my weight forward and hit some punch shots to get the feel of solid contact with my weight on my left side at impact.    Have you ever noticed that it's easier to make solid contact with short irons?  You trust the loft...
Every time I go the range at my club or any other, I am always curious as to what most golfers are trying to accomplish.  I observe them just beating one ball after another without any real purpose. They all say the same thing when they get out on the course “Can’t figure it out, I hit the ball so good on the range”.  They miss the fact that when hitting one ball after another they got into a rhythm, they were on a perfectly flat lie and most aren’t really hitting to...
    So according to your stats that few golfers will ever get better as they don't take lessons or aren't committed enough to do what it takes to improve.  Which pretty much was my point.  For all those other of the majority I am just advocating a way for them to shoot better scores.       I never said that all golfers had to do was hit an nothing longer than 8 iron, there are many high handicappers that can be quite consistent with a 5-6 iron or Hybrids.  For golfers...
I think you missed the point of my post.  I believe in good golf instruction, but I don't see most golfers making the commitment it takes to get better through lessons alone.  If that was the case why aren't golfers improving? Also, I stated that I hear mixed messages from golfers about wanting to shoot better scores.  If they aren't willing to make the commitment and take the time it takes to improve their swing, I am just suggesting another option to improving that can...
I have spent a lot of time observing golfers at the clubs I have belonged to over the years and I see a very similar pattern in regards to golfers and golf lessons.  HERE'S WHAT I MEAN:   At my current club we have like 5 different pros that work the shop and give lessons and we also have an LPGA Pro that does nothing but give lessons at a designated station on the range.  I have watched with amusement as numerous golfers have taken lessons from as many as 4 of these...
You've made a great choice going to the Stack & Tilt swing you will see tremendous results as you become more comfortable.  My natural shot with it is a draw.  I set up with a square club face and don't open the face like suggested in the book.  Because you are swing from the inside if done correctly you will hit a draw naturally, you have to be careful if you get stuck on your back foot or quit rotating you can hit a big hook.  If I don't slide my hips enough and don't...
I carry 4 wedges but mainly for different approach shots, but around the greens I use my 60 degree most of the time.  I have just good at hitting different shots with it, I can hit it high, spin it and hood it and makes it run.  I do use a 54 degree wedge sometime on longer running shots.   I know a lot of really good players that use one main wedge for most of their chipping so it's not unusual.
I started using the S & T swing just reading the article that came out in Golf Magazine years ago.  I went form an 8 to a 4 handicap in less than 4 weeks.  My whole shot pattern narrowed and I was consistently hitting fairways and green.   By far I think it is the easiest swing to learn and I would recommend it to all average and high handicap golfers.  Even though I was always a good golfer I always had trouble getting over on my left side at impact.  S & T solved...