or Connect

Posts by woltaire

I played lots of Golf last summer and switched my irons in spring 2013.   I played with Project X 6.0 irons with Callaway X Forged heads and now play Nippon 1150 GH regular shafts with Mizuno MP 52 heads. Now I wanted to talk about a strange change in my misshits since I changed my irons and ask for advice. I know: "It's not the arrow it's the indian." But anyway I played that much this year that I really felt the difference between the two sets and the...
Yes, that's exactly what I experienced on the flightscope. I got the mizuno 825 pro clubhead in my hands and it was a wonderful feeling during impact and so on... I instantly had about 10 meters more than before.   But the first thing that I wanted to know then was how much loft that six iron has. And it came up that mizuno altered their lofts this year from 31° to 29° for the six iron...   The same for many other companies... The result of this...
Thank you. It is said that the 825 pro are a huge step forward from the 800 pro. Maybe you can give them a try. I especially liked the light weight with the nippon shaft.   What I don't like is that they again make the lofts stronger. The 7 iron of the 825 has 33°.   In my opinion that's a step into the wrong side. They should make clubsets with a PW starting from 52° again and reintroduce the 1 iron on the other far end.
Hey, thank you for all advice. I went to a fitting yesterday and it took about 80 minutes.   Clubs tested were from Titleist, Mizuno, Ping etc. Shafts tested were from ProjectX, KBS, Nippon...   Average clubheadspeed with an Iron 6 was 80 mph. Mizuno dna resulted in shaftspecs of 3 5 4 9   The project x shafts 6.0 that I use make all kind of movement during the shot. I have to work a lot in order to get them where I want... We tried them on...
I am going to make a complete fitting tomorrow afternoon. Will post the results here. Is there something that I have to know before they are going to fit me?
There was a guy with AP2 irons and projectX 5.5 shafts on the range today. I was about 10 meters longer with his 5 iron...
On the video it's an 8 iron. I keep the shorter irons a bit back on my stance. The reason is that I noticed that I am falling behind the ball with my head. It was a simple way to keep away from hooking. With longer irons I go more forward. But hooking is a general problem for me...   By the way my 4 iron really flies high and still creates a draw shape. It's just that it is not as long as it should be... What makes me think about the Project X 6.0 and if they are...
I have three cleveland wedges.   The rest is Callaway X-Forged 2007 model all with 6.0 Project X shafts.   I even have a 2 iron of the Callaway Tour Forged model with a 6.5 Project X shaft. (got it for 20 bucks and thought it would be fun...) This one goes about 200 meters (40 m roll included)...   I swing pretty fast and can generate some power... Looking at me while I swing usually results in people saying that I swing fast... Have a look at my usual...
I thought about a crazy thing with the shafts: Would it make sense to blend the shaft flex from 6.0 to 5.0 and parallelly blend the iron head type?   Wedges:           6.5 flex    Muscle Back Head   Short Irons:      6.0 flex    Notch back Club Head   Mid Irons:         5.5 flex    Cavity Back Club Head   Long Irons:       5.0 flex   Fully motorized comfort irons        The aim would be to generate constant distance gaps between the irons and...
I landed pin high or even before with the 9 iron but it ran away. I played it from the semi rough so I guess it was a flyer...   All measured distances where done with the same ball flight. If I hit well it is a high draw hitting first ball then ground.   It is true that I usually end up with 90 shots on 18 holes. But I don't have the feeling that distance is a problem here...   I usually am there with two, just miss the fairways and green. Except of...