or Connect

Posts by ev780

Sorry.  Read your first quote block and skipped the second. But I did add that the hole was over.  ;-)
From Definitions.   Holed A ball is “holed” when it is at rest within the circumference of the hole and all of it is below the level of the lip of the hole.   No penalty since the hole was over.
 We call them driveway markers in snow country and they about a $1.50.  At that price I stick them in the ground in front or behind me, put them really close to the impact area and may other places where  a club will be in danger.  For pure feet alignment a club is just as good.   Agreed.  Only training aid I own other than driveway markers.  Really helps me since I have a tempo problem a lot of times.
In a nutshell.  Any teacher is an contractor of lhagsjr!  If you are not happy get another contractor.   Outside the nutshell....I have been there.  I was loyal to my first teacher and rightly so.  But at some point I needed a metaphorical kick to the head!  So I went to a pro at another course and had a 6 lesson series.  My original pro saw me on the range getting a lesson one afternoon and was a little surprised but he understood.  We talked about what I learned and...
What do you all think about unrealistic expectations?  I think it has been touched on a bit.   As someone becomes interested in golf or thinks of trying it out, they watch the big guys on TV and think that they can get a game close to that.  But alas the tour pros play a different game than we do so they give up.  Or just the rate of improvement.  It is a hard game and takes so much time to improve and becomes frustrating.   I will admit that I have a problem accepting...
I am addicted to this thread!!!  Help!!!! Anyway, I would like to differentiate between "college/university" and school.  Finish high school and get a diploma.  Of course, Absolutely, 100%  agree.  Looks like you got a great plan.  You seem to be that kind of guy. All good.  Not everyone is wired like that. Higher education.  Then it becomes a little more subjective.  I went right out of high school and that was the dumbest thing I could have done.  Flunked out, drank and...
That's fair.  There was some reasonable advice in this thread just a ton of fuggetabout it people, and those are the ones who make me crazy.   I have a little blind spot for people who call themselves realists.  I know 99% of their intentions are good but it always comes across to me as haters.  Don't know why but that is my problem and nothing personal to all of you realists out there.  I am not an "every kid gets a ribbon" person either.  It's just that when someone...
There were several that said "give up."  I was also not saying the odds are long and a smart kid would exercise Plan B at some point.  We all did.  Notice I am not an astronaut and I am not married to Meg Ryan. (Uh did I just age myself there?) The odds are long but someone has to be in the 1% just for there to be a 1%.
I didn't call anyone names specifically.  Just grouping (stereotyping I guess) the naysayers.  I apologize if you felt insulted.  Not my intent.
 Not at all the same thing.  This kid is trying to make a career decision and has nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Enough of our dreams will be crushed by reality why would you start out by saying, "Give up you don't have a chance!"  Let life happen.  If he swings and misses he made it farther in professional golf that I ever did. I don't know what you do for a living but if you want an analogous question to pose, it is this.  I am 16 years old and I want to be in...