or Connect

Posts by mmoan2

Yes, I've put it in the lake on Sawgrass 18 many times - on TW for PC and Xbox!!!!!!! Some day I'd like to get out there for real and play it. I played with two random guys last year who went on a trip together to Sawgrass and raved about it. They had a little tradition from their trip as well that I kinda liked. Every once in a while, they would hit a good shot and say "man, looks like I get the towel," or "that was for the towel," etc. It wasn't until after the 18th hole...
  If anyone is in Phoenix and wants to play a nice little muni for cheap, this is hole 17 at Aguila Golf Course in Laveen, AZ. Great practice facility and a second course that's a 9-hole par-3 for $10 (all you can play in the summer) as well. This is a par 4 that is pretty easy if you hit iron or hybrid and go right, then have wedge to the green. If you play it like that in a foursome of men, though, one might give you a wedgie and throw you in the pond because no one...
Is it normal for your "1/2" vs. "3/4" swing to only differ by 10 yards? I started doing this after reading Pelz's short game stuff and I find that my distances between swing lengths are closer to 20 yards (then again I've never filmed it, so maybe feel isn't real applies here). Pelz's "typical" numbers in the Short Game Bible seem to confirm a larger distance gap between swing lengths for the same club. Just wondering if I'm possibly doing something wrong, or are 20 yard...
 If you are a grown man playing a professional sport and you even let the "not black enough" thing slip into your conscious decision-making process, you deserve to lose. Ask yourself this - if Russell Wilson grew dreds and wore Lil' Wayne t-shirts in the locker room and ended every sentence with "word is bond," would the Seahawks have a different record? Then ask yourself if the answer to the first question is "no," would you feel better knowing your QB is "black enough?"...
You're right, of course, but I always thought it was a lousy rule. Even the words "intentional grounding" mean exactly what a spike is, intentionally grounding the ball. It's become the 4th time out.
I depends on what you want the stimp meter to read. At 13, it's dry toilet paper. At 4, well...
Not so sure about your last statement. The passing game from pre-1998 (before Peyton) and now are vastly different, largely because of Peyton. Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rogers - all now routinely throw for 5000 yards because the league actually changed its rules to make passing easier because people became infatuated with big-play passing. Manning ushered those changes in. His intellectual prowess and attention to detail are also unmatched in history, which raised the bar on...
 True for most young bucks... I'd be curious to see how far my skill level now would hit the ball with the same clubs I used 10 years ago. I know I was stronger, lighter, more flexible, and more athletic 10 years ago, but my swing was so bad and golf so frustrating I had already stopped playing the game for 3 years and didn't begin again until 2011. Screwing around at the driving range with my baseball buddies in high school, I could get lucky and hit one 300 yards...
Well, I was also an English teacher for 4 years, so I can't help myself... I'm glad to see you appreciate government work, though there's no doubt there are myriad problems with it. Ironically, I think big government bureaucracy, even at the state and local levels, is a tremendous problem that I may actually do a PhD thesis on some day because I care greatly about it. Working for most of my life in the private sector and now for about 5 in the public (with two in grad...
 None taken from this career government worker who works in finance and procurement and was an A and B honor student. ... Just thought it was funny that YOUR spelling must show that you were a C or D student in English class, BTW. Anyway, government bureaucrats, especially at the Federal level, who make meaningful decisions about budgeting and procurement are usually very intelligent, college-educated people with advanced degrees in management and finance from top-tier...