or Connect

Posts by mmoan2

I believe you. I was just being tongue in cheek  I don't think he's been in a decent movie since Goodfellas, though. How could you turn down a major Scorcese pic with Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, Mark Wahlberg etc. to star in a crappy Tarantino ripoff (Smokin' Aces)? Maybe he didn't want to be known as the actor who made it playing only in mob movies????!!!??!? Poor guy's working in tequila commercials now...
Are you serious about Ray Liotta? What other commitments could he possibly have? Doing his tequila commercials or being the bad guy in Wild Hogs? I'm glad Leo got the role, though.
If it's any consolation, I started the thread and two years later, going down the tube for me is not what it was then, or what it seems like you're experiencing now. I think what's difficult to realize is that your swing on the awful shots is probably not much different from what happened for the first 30 shots, but the awful ball flight makes it seem like your coordination went missing on you. That's the puzzling part. I would recommend spending time working on one...
Do you find that you score worse at the end of a round, particularly on a hot day? I ask because I'm even heavier than you are (I'm also 6'2, but that's not what I mean), and I think you hit the nail on the head when you said fitness might be a big help. My mechanics break down after 4 hours on the course. If I were you and wanted to get to a +2 handicap range, I'd hit the gym more and look at a nutrition plan.
 As I've read through this thread, a quote came to me that I think you would be best served to remember - "Free your mind and the rest will follow." If you simply stopped worrying about a Moe Norman Swing, or Bo and Luke Duke swing, or Ben Hogan swing, or Babba Booie Golf Academy, or Duffy MacDougal swing plane trainer, etc. and followed what Mike and Erik and others preached here with a blank slate mind free from objections, you would be better served than going to a pro...
I think this is the key. Some instructors are flat-out bad teachers. I'm not even sure that in-person instructors need to be better. I've only had 3 evolvr lessons, but I plan on subscribing again soon for at least a year. I think my three lessons have been just as effective as the couple of in-person lessons I've had for two reasons - 1. They made me focus on one or two primary issues, 2. They required me to take more responsibility for my improvement.  I think if you had...
Yes, I think the term pull is correct. That's when a ball just goes left, but straight left from impact, rather than curve left, correct?
Does anyone find that more hip turn on the back swing can help eliminate a hook as well? I find that I've been concentrating on turning my hips more recently, and when I do, I hook the ball far less. My guess is that less hip turn results in the upper body over-rotating into impact with a closed club-face, but I've yet to fire up my camera recently to check it out. Just started playing again after a month hiatus, and this was a thought of mine.
After watching your video, I think you have enormous potential by using 5Sk. I would spend 15 minutes a day just focusing on keeping your head steady. You'll be amazed at how that one piece can bring together other elements of your body mechanics. If you have a serious back issue, perhaps a 3/4 swing will be enough for your body to handle, but that's ok. I'm not some covert salesman for the 5SK system, but I think the simplicity of it will benefit you greatly. The nuances...
I don;t know why you would be interested in being an "average" golfer. If you like golf, and you are willing to work at it, and have average athletic ability and coordination, you can develop a decent full swing over the course of a year with good, productive practice. The average golfer you speak of usually plays once a week, twice tops, and uses practice to rake and beat balls on the driving range without a clue how to practice. Just stand back and look at a busy driving...