or Connect

Posts by mmoan2

Not sure what you mean. I was trying to express that if your glaring weakness is the entire game of golf itself because you've never played before, MAYBE putting and short game might be a good idea to start with in greater %.
I think @iacas is correct that the field strength will not necessarily improve in a linear fashion. Many variable exist - which you have pointed out - that will improve the fields, but they may not continue to improve that much in another generation or so. I think the improvement of golf was probably even more exponential than linear at one point, as it was in all other sports - call it a "Golden Years" effect where such a wealth of breakthrough and interest made the...
I think the guys are overstating it a bit (maybe I'm wrong, I'm no mind reader) when they say they share the same level of frustration you are experiencing. I've played many sports very well in my life, and nothing has frustrated me like golf. There's something mind-numbingly awful when you can't even hit the thing straight 50 yards. You feel like a cripple. Here's my story for you: I actually DID quit from about the ages of 25-36 because of frustration. I remember well...
I'm not a low capper and I disagree. It's a matter of expectations and goals. If you want to improve, smart full swing practice can be as valuable as playing golf. Practicing once every 5-10 rounds is a sure way to keep yourself grounded at your current skill level, and possible ingrain bad habits. Like others have said, good, smart full swing practice can be done in your garage or backyard with a camera and/or mirror, etc. I also used to be one who tried to fight the...
I probably would replace them every 1-2 years to keep the clubfaces precise, but I can't afford to do so.
A  couple of things - if you like this forum, buy Lowest Score Wins and pay particular attention to the final section. It talks about shot zones and course management strategy in a way that will allow you to answer this question not only for the shot you describe, but for every shot you play. "Hitting it straight" sounds like an obvious answer, yes, and it's the right one. At a 16 handicap I would honestly forget about shot shaping at all. It's not important unless you...
Why the heck would you gamble at golf with Jordan Spieth? That's like betting on a 3-point contest against Steph Curry. I always knew Romo was a loser- (Sorry, that last part slipped out because I'm a lifelong Giants fan. I'd kill for Romo's golf game).
Just want to see where this one goes:   You know you're a golf fan when during sex you yell out "It's in the hole!"
My wife has set the rule at least five times that there's no more practicing your swing in the house. The fact that she'll need a sixth proves I'm a golf fan.
I try not to get too involved in these discussions any more, but I've never seen any more gentlemanly behavior on a golf course than when I high-five the other squad after a pickup basketball game, or even when as a player on an organized team we would shake hands with the opposition after the game, Pickup basketball or football - we always self-called fouls or holding calls, etc. It was part of the "gentleman's agreement" In fact, the worst example of sportsmanship I've...