or Connect

Posts by mmoan2

Priority piece:   Eliminate lateral sway of hips on back swing.   This video represents pretty much all I did last week to work on my swing and it has been the best two hours or so I've ever spent. The basketball drill shown here was suggested by my evolvr instructor, and I usually will do 10-20 backswings with it before I do anything else. At about 1:30 in the video or so, you can see that my backswing is markedly improved if anyone cares to go back to my mmoan2...
Either that or they don't want to take out a mortgage to buy one.
Question for you - in my quest to eliminate my big lateral hip/weight shift on the back swing that became apparent when I signed up for evolvr, I noticed that my arms are very flat, probably even moreso that yours in the pic above. I'm glad that I'm finally swinging fairly regularly with minimal lateral movement, but I was wondering if my "new" flat arm position is a bad thing. It seems that it is. Did you have this issue and how did you fix it/were advised to fix it?
 That's what I used to do, and when I missed breaking 80 for the umpteenth time on the 17th hole by yanking a 6 iron 25 yards OB to the left for the umpteenth+10th time, I decided it was time to actually practice the game. Kinda like when I walked 14 guys in a single game in high school and decided I'd better get to the root of the problem. Sadly, that never happened...
For the 4 years I was playing golf before August 1, 2014 -   Hack at balls like a wild man trying to manage 25+ swing thoughts simultaneously and hope I got better. Through sheer number of reps and athletic ability I became a mid 80s golfer, but hit a wall about two years ago.   After August 1 -   Stretch for 5 minutes.   Work on two specific drills suggested to me through evolvr to eliminate lateral hip movement-   1) Place semi-deflated basketball between left...
I think that's the last thing he needs help with... 
 You forgot to mention Microsoft as well... however (and we're really getting into esoteric philosophical-type discourse here) market saturation of "clone" products in PCs and the like has basically wiped the original manufacturers from existence. Lenovos are a small fraction of the PC market, whereas you can buy any number of name-brand clubs in any golf store. In fact, they don't even distribute clones at major name golf stores for the most part. I have to believe that...
Do what I can with a swing to keep him healthy at all costs. His natural, entrenched ability will maximize his chances for success, even if it means a couple of wins a year and runs at majors rather than 6+ wins and multiple majors. Just get the guy out there for 5 years injury-free, if that's even possible any longer.
Just saw that Tiger fired Foley. Wow! Cleaning house, I see...   Anyway,   I'm going to purchase TM Speedblades from a friend. He got them cheap as part of some promotional deal and he wants to dump them. I hit them this weekend at Golfsmith and like them. I've been playing "player's" muscle backs for a while, and want to give clubs that are designed for a mid-handicap a try. I guess I've never understood why game improvement clubs are considered to have less...
To everyone that voted that golf is not cool: