or Connect

Posts by mmoan2

Got a little carried away with the rhetoric because I feel strongly about this topic. Sport hunting for deer where you eat the meat is far different. Killing a lion, cutting off its head, skinning it, and leaving the carcass to rot is a sign of a mental disorder in my opinion. I seriously believe that. Maybe not on par with paranoid schizophrenia, but truly. In the 21st century, with the massive information about how "big game" are becoming rapidly extinct, there's no...
NP, sorry for not having my sarcasm meter properly raised :) Como wearing shin guards probably should've been a tip off!
I agree with your post wholeheartedly. The only way to answer this question completely rationally is to develop a strength-of-field metric. The problem is, to get a consensus, you would need a team of well-funded university statisticians to account for all the variables and make a peremptory, robust model. They have more important things to do (generally!). Which is why these sports topics about "was the past better than the present" are compelling - they work in...
Ditto. Or marathoning, or zip lining, or parachuting, or mountain climbing. People say that their ethics allow them to agree that killing animals for sport  is ok. Fine. Have at it. My ethics allows me to say that if you get off on that, you have a small peen and a psychological problem.
Then how do you explain Hoosiers? HA!!!!! How you like them apples, science guy! Sorry, couldn't resist. 
Oh, I didn't. Ha ha, I guess...
I guess I don't understand why he ever went to him in the first place if this is true. Tiger Woods knows more about a golf swing than most people walking the earth. How could he call him ? Wouldn't  he have realized he wasn't the right person on day 1?   Also, I would've been pissed if my coach was wearing soccer shin guards as well. I mean, come on. Does he hide in a plastic bubble during long iron sessions? What a way to instill confidence in a guy. If you can't dodge...
 Good point. A brand new set of TM Rbz Stage 2 irons go for $299 right now. 2 years ago, they were $799.
The PING dot system is very effective, IMO, as well, because you'll always know you're a certain color dot. I don't play their irons, but I got a G15 driver for $85 three years ago and it's still my favorite club. Any golf store you walk into will likely have a G15 or 20 in the used rack for less than $100 with a great shaft that you can test out live for yourself.
You can find a free sample online fitting calculator at several sites for name and non-name brand club makers just by doing a google search. I would guess at 6'6 you would need not only 1 inch more on the shafts but also a lie adjustment of +2 degrees upright, but I would make sure of that. A local golf warehouse like Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, or PGA Superstore have craftsmen who can add to or cut from your shafts for relatively cheap - like a few bucks per club - without a...