or Connect

Posts by Dormie1360

Well I'm averaging 1 per 40 years.  Don't suppose you only play par 3 courses? 
          Do your really have 6 Aces, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to die with only 1.  
  I can't tell if you are being flippant, just trying to stir the pot, or you really think you are right.  If a player picks up either the ball or the ball marker of his opponent because of a misunderstanding of the current status of the hole or match, it is not deemed to be a concession under the rules. Decision 2-4/5 covers the ball marker, Decision 2-4/4 covers the ball.   You do have to replace the ball or marker in some cases as the hole is not always an automatic...
I took some excerpts from the applicable decision. If he complies with the items in red he would be ok.   13-2/1 Explanation of "Fairly Taking His Stance"   Thus, in taking his stance for the selected stroke, the player should select the least intrusive course of action which results in the minimum improvement in the position or lie of the ball, area of intended stance or swing or line of play. The player is not entitled to a normal stance or swing. He must...
Had to think about this one.  Don't know if I have a clear answer.   Couple of subtle points.  R8-2b specifically deals with strokes made on the putting green, and R8-2b is concerned with "the line for putting", not the" line of play".  Although every stroke has a line for play, there is a difference between the two. Not that it really makes a difference in your question, but hey, I'm pedant.   Secondly, the breach of this rule must be intent based.   Also, this is...
Error on my part, I believe. I don't use the handicap points much. Clarification then is that since I am over 18 I get strokes on every hole so 23/18 = 1.28 strokes per hole not to exceed 8 if I choose to pick up? Funny that works out to about my average.     Not quite.   Your handicap is 23, so on every hole you get 1 stroke plus on the 5 toughest holes, holes handicapped 1 though 5 you get an extra stroke or two total.  (18 + 5 = 23)   A 17 handicapper would get 1...
The thread was resurrected after almost 4 years  so I should probably have just left it alone.  Reading the 4th paragraph from the OP's description I think it's pretty clear that the ball embedded via the bunker side.  I've read numerous discussions, seen pictures,  (like a lot of us have) about balls embedding below the lip and whether or not they are in roots, grass, closely mown, sand, is the local rule in effect, etc..etc.   The only point I was trying to make is if...
 Not sure I'm following you but if I understand you correctly, you are not correct. 13/4Ball Completely Embedded in Lip of Bunker Q. A player's ball is completely embedded in the vertical lip of a bunker. The lip is not grass-covered, so it is part of the bunker. Is the ball considered to be lying through the green? If so, the player would be entitled to drop the ball behind the bunker if he deems it unplayable. A. No. An embedded ball is considered to be lying in the part...
 Remember, your handicap is based on your 10 best scores of your last 20, not your average.  So on the scores that your handicap uses there is a good chance you played the hole better than your stroke average.   With a 23, the highest you would have to post on any hole using the Par plus handicap stroke method is a double bogey.  What we are saying about ESC is this.  What ever procedure you use, ESC puts a max on the score that you can post.   As has been said the best...
Also, keep in mind for the Handicap system to work properly, it assumes that you are not only trying to get the best score that you can on every hole, but are playing by the rules.