or Connect

Posts by Dormie1360

Hi Brad,   I'm trying to follow you and I'm not sure you understand how strokes work.....although you are correct in that Par has nothing to do with who wins or loses a hole, it's the total net strokes for each player that matters.   The low handicap player doesn't get any strokes.  The higher handicap player gets the difference in their handicaps.  Example:  Ladies handicap on the Red Tees is 7.  The guys handicap on his tees is 4.  The lady adds 3 strokes to her...
 If you announce your intentions to take an unplayable before shaking, you can then shake the tree to dislodge your ball.
 Here's the 1 stroke penalties.  I think most Refs will commit these to memory.
12 right.   If it wasn't for the Inkster ruling a couple of years ago, among others, I'd probably would have missed the donut question.
 Agreed.  If Jordan's ball was off the green the applicable rule is 22.  Rule 1-2 is not applicable.  That would only apply if a player purposely  influences the movement or altering physical conditons of his ball in motion..
Some minutia if you're interested.   When your handicap is computed every two weeks it also looks at your two lowest tournament differentials in the proceeding 12 months.  Specifically, it looks at the higher of the two.  If that differential is more than 3.5 lower than your current computed handicap it preforms another calculation to see if your handicap index should be reduced.  If it is, you will see "R" after your index.  The reduction formula also takes into...
 Certainly one of the more violated where golfers don't realize they are breaking the rule.  Correct NPR is up there also. The most broken rule is probably failing to hole out......gimmies. 
I'll put my handicap committee hat on.   The only thing I would say about your scores is it would seem you don't always put the correct date when posting, or are you actually playing 2 and 3 rounds a day?   If I see a lot of scores posted on the same day that can be a red flag for bogus scores and I usually enquire further.   Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it.  As long as you have accurately posted all your scores, and have tried to do your best while...
No the committee may not shorten a stipulated round.   33-1/2 Number of Holes of Stroke-Play Competition Reduced During the Competition   Q. A 72-hole stroke-play competition is scheduled over four consecutive days. Eighteen holes are to be played each day. On the third day, all competitors finish the first nine holes but a number of competitors are still playing the second nine holes. At that point, the course becomes unplayable due to heavy rain and play is...
20-6/5 Player Drops Ball Under Rules and Then Wishes to Replace Ball in Original Position   Q  .A player's ball lies under a tree. The player deems the ball unplayable and drops a ball three club-lengths from where the ball originally lay. Before playing, he is informed that he dropped the ball in a wrong place. The player lifts the dropped ball under Rule 20-6 and realizes that, if he drops the ball within two club-lengths of the spot where the ball originally lay, it...