or Connect

Posts by Dormie1360

You see them a lot in transition zones (not warm enough for bermuda but really too hot for bent.), and warmer climates where bent grass is grown . (Stagnate warm, humid, air is extremely detrimental to the heath of bent grass.   We have a couple at our club.  Usually you see one fan per green, the fan oscillates back and forth.  Even the "permanent" fans can be removed, although most clubs just cover them for winter.   Clubs, like Valhalla, that have tournaments will...
  Original Ball = The original ball ( if it is one of the two balls played) OR the first ball put into play if the original ball is NOT one of the two balls played).
  No,  you do not play the ball where it ended up .  You must replace the ball......put it back.   Practice swings are not strokes.
  Correct, I said a bad thing earlier.
I looked at my "R3-3 charts".   Reading the OP's question, I would agree with others that R3-3 applies.  Rule 3-3 does tell you which ball counts if the player doesn't specify this before he does anything further.  Not specifying which ball the player wishes to count does not, by itself, disqualify the application of R3-3.     The OB was the ball lying on the green after it was struck by his putter. "Playing in accordance with the rules" means he was required to...
Knew that didn't sound right, shouldn't trust my memory. . "Original" ball, not first ball. . Thanks Rick.
In ur scenario If the player does no announce which ball counts the first ball would count if it had been played in accordance with the rules. Otherwise the second ball counts if it were played under the rules. Because the first ball was not played in accordance with the rules the second ball would count with a 1 stroke penalty. Edit. Read the question too fast.
The line of play exists for a ball lying anywhere without restriction, which includes a ball on a putting green. The line of putt exists only for a ball on the putting green.  Seldom do we apply rules governing line of play for a ball on the green because R16-1, which deals specifically with the line of putt is usually sufficient.   An example, however, of where the line of play is used in a ruling on the green is D16-1a/4   16-1a/4 Removing Casual Water from...
If the marks r on the green you may repair them. Doesn't matter where the ball is. If the mark is off the green and fixing it improves ur lie, stance, or line of play, leave it alone. There is an exception.
 No you can fix any ball mark.  Doesn't have to be yours and it doesn't matter where your ball is .  Here is an exception, however it's pretty rare. 16-1c/2Ball Mark in Position to Assist Opponent Q.A and B are playing a match. At a par-3 hole, both are on the green with their tee shots. A's ball comes to rest four feet from the hole. B's ball is fifteen feet from the hole. Upon reaching the green, A prepares to repair his ball mark. B tells A not to do so until he (B) has...