or Connect

Posts by JaxBomber17

I read through that last night. I was thinking about e5s as well. I currently play Pro Vs because I like the ball flight and how easy it is to control roll on chip shots, but I rarely buy them new. I used to play the PD Softs from Nike, but I've found that low compression balls tend to balloon on me. No idea of the compression level of the e5. Need to do some research.but to answer your question, I use GD's equipment ratings as a guideline by which I can do my own...
At 6'7", my main problem is few retailers sell anything with an inseam longer than 34, and I need at least a 36. I also would love for someone to stock a shirt that has the fit of an XL with the length if a 2XL. I can usually find clothes that cover me, but they don't fit well lol. I also agree with neophyte up there...just making the waist bigger on pants doesnt help. I wear a 36 waist, but I still have thigh muscles left over from my pitching days, and it's tough to...
One of my best friends is just getting into the game and has asked me to help him out. I took him to Play it Again and we found a used set of Louisville Slugger TPX irons and wedges with a 3 hybrid and a 3 wood, and an older Cleveland driver. He has a great attitude about it and is decently athletic, but of course has struggled out of the gate. Yesterday I just wanted to be sure his grip was right and he was hitting ball-first. I told him that swing mechanics are...
Love watching Tiger, Phil, Ian, and Luke, but my favorite golfer is by far Keegan Bradley. At the Wednesday practice round at the Masters last year, he pulled his drive on 17 left. He put a second drive in the fairway, and sent his caddy over to pick the first one up, but my buddy and I needled him a bit, so he came over and decided to play the first one. Off some pretty trampled-down turf, he got his 8-iron up so fast it looked like a sand wedge, over a stand of trees,...
I'm still playing '12, the Masters. The DLC pissed me off, though. All the old fantasy courses like the Predator and Greek Isles were extra, and you couldn't even play some of the season events without downloading them. No coins, either-had to pay for them I believe. Still, I'm loving it still. Wouldn't mind starting over with a new player, though.
4 iron. 220-230 yard draw off the tee makes it great for finding the 150 marker on short par 4s, and on the odd 210-220 yard fairway shot it gives me a nice, high cut that sits down better than you'd think. I don't know what it is, but I feel ridiculously comfortable with that club in my hands. You'd probably have to go all the way to my 9 iron to find a club I feel that confident about hitting.
Enjoyed the teaser, I definitely want to know when it's out for kindle.
Debuted my new swing today. I've flattened it out a lot, and it's allowed me to get the ball a good bit higher and helped my accuracy as well. I was even through five holes (five pars) when the bottom fell out of the clouds. Radar in the clubhouse showed that it wasn't going to clear up, so we left. It had been a long time since I was hitting the ball that well from tee to green (4/5 FIR and 3/5 GIR, but most importantly zero chunked iron shots). No idea when I'll get...
I'm in. Fingers crossed.
Awesome tradition, OP. And I could never limit my Caddyshack viewings lol.   My family has always played a morning round on the Thursday after Thanksgiving. We split our Thanksgivings between Tallahassee and Gainesville, depending on where the UF-FSU game is that year, and it's a nice, calm day before we all get at each others' throats the next day (we're split right down the middle). We always play a spirited game of Hawk.   Starting my sophomore year of...