or Connect

Posts by Taylor Johnson

Being relentless is great. But if you don't pair it up with a good strategy you're going to be awfully disappointed and frustrated. I've learned that the hard way a few times.
I strongly agree with Mr Desmond.   Lag is something that happens because you are doing other things correctly, specifically sequencing.   Have you ever video taped a practice swing face on? I'll bet if you take a look, you'll see that you create plenty of lag very naturally without thinking about it at all in your practice swing.  But when we go to hit a ball, the hands and arms take over, we get out of sequence, and we release early.
I think that's a valid point. I've found Shawn Clement's videos to be helpful with my swing. At least he attempts to back up his theories with anatomical facts/explanations and is not just regurgitating bad information.   Phil, I hear what you're saying about how his swing looks, but anyone who has played to scratch both right and left handed probably has some good things to share.   To the original question: I'd recommend spending a lot of time here on TST, and going to...
  Its almost like you didn't read any of the thread at all. I find it so bizarre how people hold on to and defend old beliefs just because they got the concept from someone who they respect or who is a good player. I feel like the first 100 or so posts here disprove everything you said rather forcefully and the link x129 posted pretty much ends the conversation.
No offense Gaijin, but at this point you're just being difficult, and it almost seems like you have some emotional attachment to defending your point of view. Erik has repeatedly used hard data and real numbers to prove his point pretty convincingly. Just because "most pros" do or say some something that doesn't make it right or good.  Plus, Erik has already addressed this point multiple times as well: working on the short game is a great way to shave lots of strokes for...
Great job man, and way to keep track of all those stats! That will pay off in the long run, keep that up! A lot of people don't even bother to keep track of how many greens they hit in a given round or how many FIRs they hit.   I would say you're progressing faster than the average casual player. I am certain that getting down to a low teen handicap is more than possible within the next year. If you work hard I bet you could be a 9 or a 10 by this time next year.  I...
Mine is getting better. I have some friends that I play with that are always talking trash & intentionally trying to get in my head.   It used to be very uncomfortable and I would get thrown off my game very easily. But the more times you experience it, the better prepared you are to handle distractions in real events.   I've found that playing in tournaments has started to feel easier because everyone seems so polite and respectful in contrast.
I'm not totally sure what you mean when you say you have a "normal" putter, and I have no clue what you mean when you say you have "good" ball placement. There are a variety of theories about what placement is best for what kind of putter and what kind of stroke you have.   What kinds of putting drills do you do? How often?   How much of this thread have you implemented? >> http://thesandtrap.com/t/53161/the-apex-of-the-putt/36   How many GIRs do you average...
Thanks pholmes, I have noticed that and I agree I need to work on continuing to rotate the body through and after impact.   I'm definitely struggling with my driver, hitting it at least 25% shorter than last year. Right now it's by far the biggest weakness in my game.  I've been hitting of fairways (57-78%), but leaving myself way too long to the green (especially in this thin Colorado air), and my GIR stats show it. Here is a driver swing from...
Mike, I greatly appreciate all your help. I played Buffalo Run today (before reading your new post) and was +4 through 12, feeling like I had a chance to shoot a low score. Bogeyed the last 6 holes to finish at 82, but the early part of the round (and a number of other 6-9 hole stretches I've had recently) give me hope.  Your advice reaffirms my belief that I can play scratch golf one day. Everything you're saying makes a lot of sense and answers a handful of concerns I...