or Connect

Posts by loonsailor

Going back to the original post...   You talk about playing, and about your swing, but you don't talk about practice.  Playing a par 3 course is fun, but it's not practice.   I'm in sort of a similar place to you, except that I don't feel discouraged by it at all.  I started playing about 2.5 years ago, when my sons got me out for my 60th birthday and I found that I enjoyed the game much more than I expected to.  I've taken a few lessons from a TPI level 3 instructor,...
Looks like I'm the lone dissenter.  I haven't paid any attention to this in a long time, and I'm sure the research has improved, but...   Back when I was an active pilot about 15 years ago, a study was published in one of the pilot mags about how long pot had an effect.  They measured both blood level and performance, and found that it was about 72 hours.  Since one of the effects include time and distance distortion (stoned drivers drive too slow), and it also can...
I'm also a beginner, age 60 and just flirting with breaking 100.  After trying a few sets of clubs, and on advice both from my teacher (a local country club pro) and a couple of knowledgeable golf store guys (using a swing monitor) I got a set of Cleveland HB3's.  All the irons are hybrids, with the 3 being a full hybrid, gradually stepping down to the 9 which has just a bit of added hybrid-ness.  I'm very happy with them.  I find that the 4 has become my favorite club,...