or Connect

Posts by Chris Stewart

I've been playing the forward men's tees this year, as it's been my first real season of golf. I'm a 20 hcp, but I've been playing much better than that over the last two months. Recent scores would have me trending towards a ~15-17hcp, as soon as I play enough to remove old scores from May/June. Also, this week I played a new course far longer than I'm used to and had good results with the added distance. For those reasons, today I decided to move back a set of tees...
A dog track I played a lot until recently had a huge issue with geese. Every green and all around the greens were covered. Made for difficult chips and putts.
45 (+8, 36.1/138). This afternoon was my monthly outing with some friends. Two of the guys aren't really into golf, so what we do is let them play best ball (on every shot, putts included) and me and the other guy play separately but average our score after 9 holes to determine which team wins. Fun game to play if you have players who aren't very active in golf. I hadn't played this course previously so in doing my research I realized this course is longer than what...
43 (+8, 32.6/118). Blew up #2 but still shot well to get the 43. Driver is still finding its way in play, which is a pleasant occurrence. Today I just didn't hit enough greens and my scrambling isn't good enough to save par. Had a few really nice shots, including a 4h on the 177 yard par 3 9th which left my ball mark about 1 foot from the cup. Glad to have another outing "under par" with respect to my handicap.
I'm not sure why you think I was referring to you. Maybe I should have quoted the first two posts to be clear.I'm referring to the two brand new people who have all of the information about this new place, never posting anywhere else before or since this thread. Clearly it's advertising but it's subjective apparently. I was told links to commercial sites/products wasn't allowed on TST, after I posted a link to GolfShot in my signature.
Advertise much?
Me!
This.
Shot a 40 (+5, 32.6/118). Played really well. My driver was great today. My iron approach shots were great, hit many more GIR than usual. My putting was OK, just couldn't convert a GIR into a birdie and had 3 3-putts. On #5, my drive left me with a 210 yard shot to get on in two. I pulled my 3w and put it to about 12 feet. I couldn't get the eagle but did get the birdie. Going to #8, I was +2. I had a beautiful tee shot which left 175 to the pin. Once I got to my...
45 (+10, 32.6/118). Started off poorly with hooked tee shots and erratic pitches/chips. Tightened up towards the end to finish respectably. I had the most awkward and threatening encounter I've ever had on a golf course today as well, which ended up souring an otherwise enjoyable experience golfing. Maybe I'll start a new thread and give the full story.