or Connect

Posts by Chris Stewart

All this positive talk over walking has me thinking about it. I always ride, but since I'm a member at my club I can walk and it wouldn't cost me anything each time out. I wouldn't consider my course very walking friendly though and I'm concerned the added stress would show in my scores, at least for the short term. There are slopes throughout the fairways, forced carries to walk around, and a decent distance between many of the holes. Hmm, I just don't know. Save $10...
I was really pleased with my play. This was my 4th outing this year. I was effectively back on track with where I left off in 2012 until I lost my head a little on #9 and put one OB off the tee. The first two fairways I missed were very playable, so those didn't bother me. Some of the three putts were putts I took from off the green, not really sure if I should count those as putts (I'm assuming so) but I have been. No complaints here. My goal is to get back to my...
I'm just getting back into the game after not playing since the summer of 2012. I finished that year with an 18 hcp. Right now I'm just trying to get on the course to have a good time and find my swing again. It's been a lot of fun and I don't feel very rusty.
We didn't keep a score. I don't think it would have been too astronomical. His biggest struggle was on the green, speed being the main issue. But as for getting up and on the green, he didn't have much of an issue there.Thanks! I was certainly impressed. He's been playing t-ball/coach-pitch for the last three years, so that definitely shows in his swing.
He's been riding along with me over the last 2 years while I played golf, which generally ends with him putting around on the practice green after I finish a round. He and his brother (4) like to go into the back yard and hit plastic golf balls at a large tree endlessly. So, I thought now's the time that my oldest is ready to actually play on the course. We went to Independence Golf Club here in Richmond, which has a phenomenal youth program and a 9 hole short course...
I just got back into playing after not having played at all (save for an outing while at the beach) in 2013. I played a par 3 short course with my 6 year old on Saturday, which was simply amazing to watch. He had a great time and surprised me with how well he did (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgv2lOugP9w). I then got out to my new home course and played 9 holes on Sunday and yesterday after work. Sunday: 35.3 / 137 - 53 Monday: 33.8 / 126 - 51 Wasn't overly...
I entered.
It's been awhile since I've played, last September to be exact. I got out and played 9 after work yesterday (69.1 / 129 -- par 35 -- 2,950 yards) and shot a 49. I was pretty pleased with my overall play, especially my driving. I really just made too many mistakes to score where I was playing at the end of last summer. I had 0 GIR, 3 penalties, 3 sand shots (1 save), and 1 3-putt. My drives were quite good (missed 2 fairways of 6), I just couldn't hit the greens and my...
43 (+8, 69.1/129). First round with a new ball, was pretty happy with it. I played well overall. Had a few poor shots which cost me strokes. I used an 8i for chipping today, instead of an AW, and had really good results. Happy to be able to get closer to the cup from around the green. The greens were just punched on Monday, so putting was pretty insane. I had a few putts that hit pebbles and went off on a tangent, it was pretty rough. Actually happy with how many...
49 (+13, 69.1/129). First trip back to my home course after 3 outings in Myrtle Beach last week during vacation. Played like crap. My fade off the tee has turned more into a slice. I was trying to readjust to these greens after playing the others last week. I've developed an ugly draw/hook with my hybrid all of a sudden. Just bad.