or Connect

Posts by Chris Stewart

Career 9-holes for me this evening. I shot a 40 (+5, 32.6/118), hit every fairway, nearly half the greens, and (barely) averaged less than 2 putts. I was eyeing a 39 but couldn't manage a par over the final two holes. I was around the green on the par 5 8th in 2 shots and ended up with a 6. Oh well, it's hard to complain about a 40. Previous best on the front 9 was a 42. With GolfShot, I generally keep an eye on my net score as I progress through each hole. I knew I...
If I'm you, I'd go for it. Don't buy new equipment or adjust your swing, just go out there with what you have and let it rip. You'd probably be surprised at the results and I'm sure it would be a blast to participate in.
And I couldn't be more jealous...
Thanks for posting his HCP info, definitely looks legit from a CR/slope perspective. I wish he used the actual date he played so you could see how often he was posting round. I've been following Dan for awhile as well and really think what he's doing is awesome. I wish him the best and hope he proves the critics wrong.
How is that possible? If he's playing that short, wouldn't that put the CR at ~65/66? So shooting low 80s wouldn't give you a 6 hcp. Right, or am I missing something?
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. A lot of people play multiple balls when they are playing a practice round. Granted it's not generally when the course is crowded, but that's not relevant to your point.
I went through the same progression this year. I basically got to a point where I had no idea where my driver was going, so I started hitting my 3w. It started off really well. I lost distance but not so much to be a problem from the white tees at my home course (~5,600 yards). The key is that I was hitting it straight and felt consistent with it. Eventually, over the course of only a month or two, the 3w started becoming a little less consistent but still far better...
Update as I've changed my home course...Accomplished so far:1. Replace my entire set of clubs.2. Play 20 rounds of golf (I'll count 9-hole rounds as 0.5).-- Played 28 so far. (14) 18 holes, (28) 9 holes.3. Break 90 on a par 72.-- Shot 87 on a par 71.4. Break 85 on my local course (par 66).-- Shot a 78.5. Bring my handicap below 25.-- Currently 21.5.Current Goals for 2012:1. Score 85 on my home course (66.1/122).2. Score 83 on my home course (66.1/122).3. Score 40 on front...
46 (+11, 32.6/118). Probably the happiest 46 I've had in awhile. I finally hit fairways today and my driver was on point. I measured my drive on #1 at 260 yards. I had trouble with my approaches and was generally pushing my short irons to the right. The two par 3s where I hit the green, I was so far away from the pin a 3 putt was inevitable. My putting wasn't quite as good as it has been recently, but the fact that my driver came around made me happy enough to forget...
It's been 4 months since I've posted a swing video, so I thought I'd go out today and record one. In the last 4 months, my golf game has come along but has somewhat plateaued in the last 6-8 weeks. I have been playing a lot more than I've been practicing and I think that has slowed down my progress a bit. My short game has improved a lot from the constant play but I haven't really made progress with my overall swing. I only have the ability to shoot DTL at this range,...