or Connect

Posts by Chris Stewart

Congrats!
I checked it out the other night and it looks pretty good. I'm curious how well the online country club features will work. Sounds like a TST club is in order.
I use GolfShot (http://golfshot.com/home) on my Android phone to keep track of my score as I play. I use the free app, not the one that includes the GPS features. After a hole, you input your score, putts, tee club, whether you hit/missed fairway and where if you missed, and how many sand and/or penalty shots you had. It's incredibly easy to do in this app and I normally can do it before we even leave the hole, or on the ride to the next hole. The app has the...
I got out today and played a course I had never played. I've heard good things and it lived up. The course I've played the last two times isn't quite as nice, but for me it's been a good place to learn and I'll continue going there as it's remarkably less expensive than most of the courses in Richmond. As simple ball striking and swing mechanics are what I'm learning, a more forgiving course that I can afford to visit often makes sense. :) I wanted to get out somewhere...
I got out today and played a course I had never played. I've heard good things and it lived up. The course I've played the last two times isn't quite as nice, but for me it's been a good place to learn and I'll continue going there as it's remarkably less expensive than most of the courses in Richmond. As simple ball striking and swing mechanics are what I'm learning, a more forgiving course that I can afford to visit often makes sense. :) I wanted to get out somewhere...
Interesting point of view, thanks for sharing. I can definitely see the point made and I even tend to do this myself, as I rely on my 3w/5w/7i a lot. I do hit the driver off the tee well enough.
Good to know, thanks!
...and I have a few questions. :) I don't have the opportunity to buy a new set at once and so I've started a list and I'm going through it in order of priority. First I bought a driver, because my old one was half-broken. Next I bought a golf bag, because the one I had was torn and slightly warped. Then I bought golf shoes, because I had never owned a pair and I learned the hard way this weekend that my tennis shoes (and by association my socks...) have no business...
Thanks for the encouragement, I've got a lot of work ahead of me. I need to continue working on the basics and eventually form a repeatable swing with good contact. But more specifically, I need to understand my club distances better and practice putting (nearly half my score on both outings this year). I don't have a full set of clubs (no 4i or 8i, for instance) and some I didn't even carry this weekend (3i or 6i). After my tee shot on a par 4 or 5, I tend to rely on...
I've never hit a hybrid but I'm planning on heading to Dick's tomorrow to do so. I'm a huge fan of fairway woods. I can hit my 3w and 5w very well and essentially only hit my 7/9/PW as irons.