or Connect

Posts by Chris Stewart

Public. I have a "Twilight Club" membership where I can play unlimited after 5pm each day and/or get two large range buckets per day, also after 5pm. For the typical 9-5/M-F person it's a great deal at $50/mo. I typically play 2-3 9s per week. Cart is extra at $10 for 9 holes. Normally 9 holes with cart costs $26-29 weekday/weekend, so the savings adds up quick. A weekend morning at this place is $58 for 18. I do feel the obligation to play at my home course, and...
I always ride. I don't have a pull/push cart and lugging my bag on my back isn't appealing to me and my easily irritated lower back. I also don't really play golf for the health benefits. I'd like to walk it once if I could borrow a push cart from a friend, but I don't know of anyone who has one. My home course requires carts for non-members, so it's not really an option for me anyway and I don't mind that.
I would imagine the economy has had more of an impact on golf. $50 rounds aren't cheap for the majority of folks out there, many of which are just happy to have a job.
Great thread. It seems like you need to refocus what you want out of playing golf as a hobby. Going in with an expectation that doesn't seem to happen, regardless of what it is, will always be a let down and make you question your commitment. Stop buying equipment, don't practice, and just go out and play with a completely recreational frame of mind. When you get on the first tee, take in the fresh air and beautiful surroundings. When you miss a putt, get animated in...
You're right in both regards. I need a lesson with the driver and a proper fitting with it too. I have a heck of a time hitting the driver with any sort of confidence. No problem on the range or in a sim, the course just doesn't do it for me. Figuring that out would help my game a lot.
An ugly 48 (+13, 32.6/118). My drives were all over the place, as usual, but today my iron play was pretty poor as well. I shanked a few approaches which is uncharacteristic for my recent play. My chipping and putting were pretty good today. I had good lines and speed on most putts and narrowly missed, so I'm hopeful some of those will begin dropping soon. Still need to get a lesson for my driver and likely a fitting too.
On my outing this afternoon, another day hitting 0 fairways. Frustrating.
On my home course, an 87 a few weeks ago. Last week I shot a 42 and 43 on the respective 9s over two days.
22.4, yeah. And that suuuucks. Thanks for the help.
Yeah I believe that's correct based on what I found on the USGA website, I'm just not sure how to determine which holes I'm given strokes for. I was only playing the front 9 and the CR/slope is 32.6/118 if that matters.