or Connect

Posts by Chris Stewart

How is that possible? If he's playing that short, wouldn't that put the CR at ~65/66? So shooting low 80s wouldn't give you a 6 hcp. Right, or am I missing something?
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. A lot of people play multiple balls when they are playing a practice round. Granted it's not generally when the course is crowded, but that's not relevant to your point.
I went through the same progression this year. I basically got to a point where I had no idea where my driver was going, so I started hitting my 3w. It started off really well. I lost distance but not so much to be a problem from the white tees at my home course (~5,600 yards). The key is that I was hitting it straight and felt consistent with it. Eventually, over the course of only a month or two, the 3w started becoming a little less consistent but still far better...
Update as I've changed my home course...Accomplished so far:1. Replace my entire set of clubs.2. Play 20 rounds of golf (I'll count 9-hole rounds as 0.5).-- Played 28 so far. (14) 18 holes, (28) 9 holes.3. Break 90 on a par 72.-- Shot 87 on a par 71.4. Break 85 on my local course (par 66).-- Shot a 78.5. Bring my handicap below 25.-- Currently 21.5.Current Goals for 2012:1. Score 85 on my home course (66.1/122).2. Score 83 on my home course (66.1/122).3. Score 40 on front...
46 (+11, 32.6/118). Probably the happiest 46 I've had in awhile. I finally hit fairways today and my driver was on point. I measured my drive on #1 at 260 yards. I had trouble with my approaches and was generally pushing my short irons to the right. The two par 3s where I hit the green, I was so far away from the pin a 3 putt was inevitable. My putting wasn't quite as good as it has been recently, but the fact that my driver came around made me happy enough to forget...
It's been 4 months since I've posted a swing video, so I thought I'd go out today and record one. In the last 4 months, my golf game has come along but has somewhat plateaued in the last 6-8 weeks. I have been playing a lot more than I've been practicing and I think that has slowed down my progress a bit. My short game has improved a lot from the constant play but I haven't really made progress with my overall swing. I only have the ability to shoot DTL at this range,...
There's a particular par 5 at my home course that is reachable in 2 and I always go for it given my drive was good enough. The other 5s are more target based. One has a creek about 125 yards from the green and my 1st shot is never far enough so I generally go 1w-7i-8i to get on. Another bends both left (tee shot) and right (approach shot). There are two huge trees guarding a 2 shot approach so it's tough to maneuver in 2. I should mention that on the 5 I go for, I do...
We refer to money as scratch sometimes.
I would love to play a course that had caddies. I'd do it once just for the experience. I suspect having a caddie who has a lot of experience at a specific course would make for quite an enjoyable round filled with valuable information and interesting stories of their past experiences.
Somewhat related, I should be able to do something similar. I work for myself and go in to the office during normal hours, maybe a little later than most. My normal day looks like 9:30/10am until 4/4:30pm. I'm in software, so I don't really interact with customers in the typical way most do and I'm also completely solo. I genuinely could work in the middle of the night and have no effect from working 9am-5pm. Two nights a week my wife works, so I do have to pick up...