or Connect

Posts by Chris Stewart

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. A lot of people play multiple balls when they are playing a practice round. Granted it's not generally when the course is crowded, but that's not relevant to your point.
I went through the same progression this year. I basically got to a point where I had no idea where my driver was going, so I started hitting my 3w. It started off really well. I lost distance but not so much to be a problem from the white tees at my home course (~5,600 yards). The key is that I was hitting it straight and felt consistent with it. Eventually, over the course of only a month or two, the 3w started becoming a little less consistent but still far better...
Update as I've changed my home course...Accomplished so far:1. Replace my entire set of clubs.2. Play 20 rounds of golf (I'll count 9-hole rounds as 0.5).-- Played 28 so far. (14) 18 holes, (28) 9 holes.3. Break 90 on a par 72.-- Shot 87 on a par 71.4. Break 85 on my local course (par 66).-- Shot a 78.5. Bring my handicap below 25.-- Currently 21.5.Current Goals for 2012:1. Score 85 on my home course (66.1/122).2. Score 83 on my home course (66.1/122).3. Score 40 on front...
46 (+11, 32.6/118). Probably the happiest 46 I've had in awhile. I finally hit fairways today and my driver was on point. I measured my drive on #1 at 260 yards. I had trouble with my approaches and was generally pushing my short irons to the right. The two par 3s where I hit the green, I was so far away from the pin a 3 putt was inevitable. My putting wasn't quite as good as it has been recently, but the fact that my driver came around made me happy enough to forget...
It's been 4 months since I've posted a swing video, so I thought I'd go out today and record one. In the last 4 months, my golf game has come along but has somewhat plateaued in the last 6-8 weeks. I have been playing a lot more than I've been practicing and I think that has slowed down my progress a bit. My short game has improved a lot from the constant play but I haven't really made progress with my overall swing. I only have the ability to shoot DTL at this range,...
There's a particular par 5 at my home course that is reachable in 2 and I always go for it given my drive was good enough. The other 5s are more target based. One has a creek about 125 yards from the green and my 1st shot is never far enough so I generally go 1w-7i-8i to get on. Another bends both left (tee shot) and right (approach shot). There are two huge trees guarding a 2 shot approach so it's tough to maneuver in 2. I should mention that on the 5 I go for, I do...
We refer to money as scratch sometimes.
I would love to play a course that had caddies. I'd do it once just for the experience. I suspect having a caddie who has a lot of experience at a specific course would make for quite an enjoyable round filled with valuable information and interesting stories of their past experiences.
Somewhat related, I should be able to do something similar. I work for myself and go in to the office during normal hours, maybe a little later than most. My normal day looks like 9:30/10am until 4/4:30pm. I'm in software, so I don't really interact with customers in the typical way most do and I'm also completely solo. I genuinely could work in the middle of the night and have no effect from working 9am-5pm. Two nights a week my wife works, so I do have to pick up...
I only use my phone but I'm starting to question its accuracy sometimes. Every so often I'll pop it out and it seems to be significantly off and have to close the app and start it again to resync with the GPS.