or Connect

Posts by cristphoto

That brings back memories. I had a set of Wilson Staff irons over 40 years ago. They had Dyna-Step shafts and leather reminder grips (now illegal). Great clubs in their day but I wouldn't want to go back to playing them again.
There is plenty of proof that water balls lose performance. I've seen many tests done over the years and EVERY test shows a loss of performance. The biggest problem with water balls is the buyer has no idea how long the ball has been submerged. Plus was it in the water during freezing conditions?  Buying water balls is a false economy.
I have both sets: AP1-710 and AP2-712 models.  The AP1's are more forgiving but the AP2's are more accurate and provide better feedback. If you want to be a more serious golfer and practice weekly the AP2's would be the better choice. If you simply like to casually play on the weekends then the AP1's are better. Both are good sets however.
I remember when actual wood clubs were in their last days, Powerbilt woods came with a warning sticker to not hit harder surlyn balls with their clubs or damage could occur. Obviously you don't have the option to play a wound ball but I'd be safe and stick to lower compression urethane balls.  
There are lots of comparable products. Today nobody has the market cornered on performance. To me the issue is tailoring the ball to your spin, feel and trajectory preference. Then select that ball and play it. Constantly switching between balls can be confusing.
Are you sure that's not simply an air bubble in the paint?  I've had that before and its not an issue - just a slight dab of nail polish and problem solved.
Total overkill. All I've used for years is a bucket with a few drops of laundry detergent and a few inches of warm water. I toss any dirty balls in while I'm cleaning off my clubs. Then when I've finished the clubs the balls have soaked enough to be cleaned off. I use the same kitchen scrub type sponge for clubs and balls. Easy, simple and cheap.
From what I'm hearing the first purchase is .99 cents - correct?  Beat them at their own game. Just go to the local drug store or grocery and buy a pre-paid credit card.  Put $2.00 on it and make your purchase.
The raw materials aren't the only cost.  The huge casting and forging machinery is VERY expensive and maintenance intensive. Its all added in to the price.
 While we play "what if?" one only needs to look at Nicklaus' 19 second place finishes in the majors. I'm sure a couple less lip-outs, isolated bad breaks, miraculous opponent chip-ins (Watson, Pebble Beach) and Nicklaus might have 25 or more majors.