or Connect

Posts by Golfingdad

Not sure why I didn't think of this before now, but once I read jshots "once a week" comment, I thought of a perfect bowling analogy. Not bumper bowling, which is really just for the kids, but "no-tap" bowling.  No-tap bowling is a slight variation of regular bowling where 9 pins also counts as a strike.  Nothing else changes, but anytime you knock down 9, the computer considers it a strike, sweeps out the last pin and goes to the next frame.  Any other shot is played...
Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering, Stevn L. Kramer I'm at work.  (FYI, that doesn't really come into play much with what we do here - I've never opened that book before - but it's the closest book to me.)
This is a tricky question.  Because how far down do you go before it stops mattering?  I remember having a discussion last year about the strength of field of the PGA being so much stronger than the Masters.  I suspect the answer to that one falls right at about the point where it's impossible for a person to win the thing. For example, if I was added to the Masters field, and you or Erik were added to the PGA field, then there is no question that the PGA field "strength"...
Wow, that was pretty impressive. Is it just me, or is it ironic that the guy called "Slewfoot Subban" got free from his defender on that play thanks to a "cheapshot slew'foot'," if you will, from .... the net?
Nah ... I'm pretty sure that if you put on your entire ski outfit with pants and jacket in the living room of a house in Pasadena in summer, that would qualify as a lot more dorky than bermuda shorts.
Welcome to the site @Wangus94 !!!  From a fellow Socal-er. ;)  I play most of my rounds in South Orange County - Talega, Monarch Beach, Rancho San Joaquin, Tijeras Creek, Mile Square, Laguna Woods, but also like to venture out a little for variety  ... Goose Creek, Oak Quarry.   BTW, I played Cross Creek in your neck of the woods a couple of months ago and ... was not a fan.  A bit too quirky for my tastes.   Anyways, if you are up for a short drive, you should...
Agreed.
Funny, this is my "secondary" priority piece.  At A4.1 my swing steepens when it needs to shallow.  I get the club pointing well inside the ball at A5 when it should be pointing at or even slightly outside the ball.  This has been even more frustrating because it's super easy to do in poses and slow motion swings, but as soon as a ball is there I revert. No doubt.  She also adds in the eye roll when she sees that I have some random European Tour event on in the background,...
I wasn't talking about splitting, just hitting.  And now this comes to mind ... 
OK.  I go to the range, on average, twice a week and practice for about an hour on my lunch break.  I spend, maybe, 60% of that time with a 6 or 7 iron taking full swings, half swings, and doing drills, trying to nail down that piece.  I'll spend the other 40% or so of that time just hitting shots to targets.  I also have an old 7 iron in my living room, and a window that works decently as a mirror at night, so when the kids are upstairs in bed I'll do slow motion swings,...