or Connect

Posts by Golfingdad

One of two things is occurring here: Either EJ has commandeered @dkolo 's account, or I have been replaced as your "brother from another mother." Either way ...  
I don't think so ... seems many of the pros on tour do exactly this. I've tried it a couple of times but it feels funny to me.  I always wear no-shows (or fairly close to it) when wearing shorts, but I prefer longer socks when wearing pants.
I'm working a half day today and then hitting the golf course.  I'm going to be wearing grey slacks, a red shirt, and white shoes/belt/hat.  I realized that I don't have any grey socks to match these pants, so I'm going with white to match the shoes.  To speed things up from work to the course, I'm already wearing everything except the shoes - which means I have white socks on beneath grey slacks and black shoes.  This is, I already know, ridiculous. I look like Michael...
But somehow I won't be if there is a gun in that hand?
Don't have a gun and don't plan on getting one ... But I will beat the living daylights out of that hypothetical guy.
You should do a site search for those threads ... You'll find some arguments of mine similar to yours. We're on the same page here I think. :)
There have been threads on that sort of thing, and the main answer you'll get from the rules guys is that there is really no equitable way to fairly drop for a lost ball.  It's lost, so by definition, you don't know where it is ... so where do you drop? I'm not one of those rules guys and I think there is always a way to figure things out, but that, I believe, is the main argument against that type of rule change.
I'm going to try and explain below why I disagree with this. Probably a safe assumption on his part.  I don't want to get shot, nor see my family get shot. So be it.  He can have my wallet and my car keys.  I'm not risking losing my family over those replaceable items. While I get your point, you aren't going to know if its "long enough" until it's potentially too late.  It's this scene that I feel is the most dangerous and risky of all.  I'm of the opinion that most...
It's a CONCEALED weapon ... how would he know to "engage you differently?" However, if he did know, I still think the logic is backwards.  I believe the criminal would be a lot more likely to try and shoot you if he knew you had a gun than if he knew (or thought) you didn't.  Even though he is in the wrong, it's still about self-preservation for him just as it is for you, so why would he act any different than you would?  You would be a lot more likely to actually use your...
Gonna go with "Not even remotely" for $200 Alex. Also ...