or Connect

Posts by Golfingdad

I agree here too.  (And, sadly, the 'though I'm guilty of it' applies to me as well)   I read a story the other day about "helicopter parents" and for those who don't know the term ... it basically means "hovering."  Then while at the park I had to catch myself cuz I'm following my daughter around the entire jungle gym afraid that she's going to fall off of every plaything.  And I looked around and all of the other parents are doing it too.  We gotta let them learn for...
Yeah, I'm like Jamo here.  Oh, and I'm 40 years old now.  When I was his (Jamos) age (and I think you're [Pretzel] even a pinch younger than him) I was even more shy and non-confrontational and easily intimidated, etc, etc.  Bottom line, I know how you feel and I probably would have done the exact same thing in that situation. Just shake it off, call it a lesson learned, and apply that lesson next time.  You're a good kid, so just try not to let this affect you and keep...
Yeah, I would even argue that times are a lot safer now than then.  But we're more aware of what dangers are out there and more cautious, and at least for that reason, times are different.  Side note:  Remember all of the PSA commercials back in the '80's about bad things that we don't have now?  "I learned it by watching you, OK!" or "This'll be our little secret." Yeah, it is pretty nuts.  I can't imagine it sticks.  And maybe it'll do some good - if there actually are...
No.  What happens to me a lot, though, is that I come up with a good title and some detailed notes, then upload it, and while it's thinking, my phone goes to sleep and it ends up not uploading.  Then I have to start all over again, and I'm too lazy to remember all that stuff and I write like one line of notes.
To answer the question seriously ... this is where I usually end up as well.  In the 6500-6600 ish range with the course rating usually fairly close to the par.  I find that on older courses around here, or "muni" type courses, that ends up being the back tees, but on the newer, "resort" style courses that is usually the second from the back tees.  I've only attempted over 7k yards twice.  (Once went really well, once not so well)  The longest course I play regularly is...
The logic, while certainly not untrue, sounds an awful lot like the logic behind the "women who dress sexy are 'asking for it'" type logic in regards to sexual predators. Agree with this.  Times are certainly different, so the arguments about what we did and where we went as kids don't really apply, but a felony child neglect charge is a wee bit drastic. Based on some of these stories we hear these days, if I tallied up all of my parenting goofs, I'm pretty sure I'd be...
Can you elaborate on this whole "stength of field" argument?  I don't think it's ever really been brought up before and it's likely a new concept to a lot of us.  For now, I'll go with Arnie.  If Tiger and Jack don't exist, but everybody else still do, Arnie could have as many as 11 majors and Phil would have 6.  The strength of field is quite possibly enough to overcome that discrepancy, but I'll stick with Arnie for now.  Also, he did it with such a goofy looking swing....
 Yeah, logman, or P57, or whoever that clown was ;), sent that to me to mess with me.  What a jerk, huh?!?!?
Gotta break out the "dad jokes" at every opportunity these days.
The outrage would probably be greater, but so would the defenders, simply because if this was Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, more people would (at least pretend) to care.  I guarantee you that my wife would hear about this somehow and form an opinion.  If I asked her right now what she thought about the Ray Rice thing, she'd probably answer something like "You mean that old football guy that played on your Big Break show last year?  What happened to him?" So, my guess is...