or Connect

Posts by Pat007

titleist Sta-Soft. Thats what I get as my Titleist package (I'm on Staff). I would never wear another brand or model in my life, they're so comfortable...
you could also try a full cord grip. I play Tour Velvet cords and love them...
putting. no questions asked. Here's a scenario: a par 4, 400 yards. You can miss the fairway and still make par. If you miss the green in regulation, you can still make par. You can chip up onto the green and still make par. If you miss that putt, you no longer have a chance to make par. Sound putting leads to birdies. You can miss all the fairways and greens you want if you can putt. It opens up a lot more possibilities.
what the hell is the point to this thread? Did you really expect your stats to be thrown off by not having socks on? I cut my nails 2 days ago and putted like crap. That must be it!
its more complicated than just swingspeed alone. Swingspeed as well as loft and spin combine to what clubfitters refer to as playable trajectory. The idea of the iron is to hit the green and stick on it, not hitting the green and rolling 40 yards past it. If you get a full Titleist fitting (with a competent clubfitter), there is a section reserved for playable trajectory. Often times, people are better suited with a 4 irons instead of a 3 iron. That being said, I love my...
what i liked to use when teaching was the Dave Pelz short game test.It'll help you evaluate any minute flaw in your short game. Lets face it, chances are most of your shots are lost from within 100 yards, right? Take the test and repeat it and you'll see the difference. Let it be known, i do not work for or represent Dave Pelz. :)
if you play a course that is generally softer (lots of rain, etc) or has traps with lots of sand in them, you're better off with a high bounce wedge (about 14 degrees). If the course is hard with bare traps, then go for a low bounce model (about 10 degrees). The choice of bounce also has to do with the style of stroke you have. If you tend to sweep the ball off the turf, high bounce may lead you to blade the ball, and the opposite for low bounce. Your best option is to try...
why not try to completely change things up for awhile? Like hit irons off the tee if you're used to hitting driver and the opposite, etc to see if that gets you out of it. A lot of times, people become creatures of habit and tend to get lazy on the course. I have those days, and i'm a very conservative golfer. When i feel i'm in a rut, i have an 'ultra agressive day' and hit driver everywhere, hunt for pins, etc. That seems to get me out of it.
nope...callaway doesn't do serial numbers, which is why they're probably the most cloned irons out there...
Golf Pride full cord...they won't slip, and will rub your hands to s**t.