or Connect

Posts by bilinguru

Really interesting thread.  Talking about good posture, it's interesting to note how posture impacts putting.  I was on the practice green for a couple of hours the other day, and I noticed that when I had a more upright posture, I took the putter straight back, whereas when I was more 'slouched' the putter head tended to hover more and wasn't as consistent.  Of course the putter length has a lot to do with what posture you'll take, but just thought I'd throw that in...
Thanks for your answers.  Very helpful.
Yeah, my folks aren't getting any younger and my nieces are growing up so fast that I worry I won't be the uncle I should be in their mind. Japan is a great place to live, but 15 years is a llllllloooooooonnnnnnnggggggg time.
Sorry, about my oversight, (but not my questions,) in my last post.  I didn't even notice that there were 7 pages of threads with many videos (brainfart).  I still would like to hear what you have to say about wrist hinge though as it is something that drives me crazy sometimes.
Good swing obviously. I'm new to the forum, but I'm just wondering what your purpose in posting this video actually is?  As you list your handicap as pro and I see you are promoting a teaching methodology, I'm guessing it is maybe at the request of other forum members. I guess you are not seeking feedback as you say, "I will answer any questions you may have", as opposed to, "I look forward to your feedback."  Either way it's cool, I just wanted to ask, as it wasn't...
This article is a few years old, but worth a read. http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/camilo-villegas-here-comes-spider-man?page=4   I actually met him at The Canadian Open 4 years ago and he was a nice guy.  He's actually pretty small, but he is in great shape and very friendly. Look, so many young players have come on tour understanding that there is a real benefit to having a marketable image.  They get more advertising and sponsorship money, which gives them...
The problem with separate rules of course (as newtogolf has already explained) is that, for an kid aspiring to become a professional golfer, he would at some point have to change his equipment and/or swing to make the transition from amateur to pro.  It's hard enough learning this game without having to re-learn it.  Imagine the chaos that would ensue at the American College level!   
Having a rule does not, in and of itself, preclude it from being changed, regardless of how long the rule has been in effect.     The question is how will a change in the rules improve the game, and whether a change in the rule changes the nature or spirit of the game.   Rules, as I see them, are in place to structure gameplay so that every competitor has equal footing on which to display his/her skill.     Of course there are other reasons that ruling bodies...
It's been a great 15 years, but I'm actually thinking about moving back home in the not too distant future.
Thanks iacas.  Yeah, but there are even fewer of them here in Japan, so finding good deals on equipment is tough sometimes.  I usually wait until I head to the states to do my shopping.