or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

To me, the two teams who look the most vulnerable are the ones sitting at 5 & 6.  OSU because of the aforementioned QB situation and Baylor because K-State is a pretty good team and they rarely beat themselves. Anybody can schedule top 25 teams but beating them is another story.  Auburn has won 3 games against top 25 teams.  IF OSU wins this weekend, they will also have 3 wins against top 25 teams.    And BTW, I am most decidedly NOT an OSU fan.  I don't think that will...
This is why I didn't think OSU should move up this week. Barrett was 9/29 against VT before turning on the afterburners. Jones doesn't have the luxury of some tune up games. He basically gets one shot to give OSU a chance at the playoffs. If he shines this week against Wisconsin, then we can revisit their ranking. But having one week to prepare a guy who has 17 attempts on the year to replace a guy responsible for 34 touchdowns AND do this for an absolute must win...
I think OSU is overrated, but I don't think 6-6 is necessarily accurate. Everybody (including me) said Mizzou would be bottom feeders in the SEC too and clearly that hasn't been the case. Urban has a little experience with that conference. I suspect he could prep a team well enough to win the SEC east.
I know nothing about this situation other than what you have posted, so I can only go by what you have said in these posts.   Above you called this guy OSU's best pass rusher, which implies he is an active member of the team.   If he is not, and OSU has decided to let him keep his scholarship, that is their decision and I have no problem with it, provided he is not an active member of the team.  I would also not have a problem with it if they had revoked his scholarship...
Not condoning either instance but "has" is present tense, implying the guy is still on the team.   Whereas "kicked off" implies the two UM players are no longer with the program...   No coach can keep track of their players 24-7, so the only gauge we can put on them is their choice in how they handle the situations once they are made aware of them.   We aren't talking about weed, which is pseudo-legal in some places.   We are talking about a drug that is illegal in all 50...
But we are talking about crowning a national champ.   You have to be in the playoff to have a chance to win the NC.   So who gets in and why is very important.   Leaving that up to a beauty contest or other bias is what is wrong with the current system.   Set up specific criteria and eliminate the polls and human bias altogether.   You think OSU should be in there regardless of the fact they are on their third string QB.   Many disagree.   Ultimately, it could be decided...
Ok then, let's just forget the whole playoff system and hand the trophy to FSU now.  Would that satisfy you?   After all, they are the only undefeated team in FBS.   Why bother playing anymore games if beating them doesn't make you deserving of being called champion.   Qualified means you met a set of specified criteria, as opposed to some objective criteria that seems to shift each week on the whims of some committee.  Furthermore, saying that a GT team that beats FSU in...
Because in all of those cases, the teams are not picked by a committee or some computer, they get there by qualifying.  You don't see weekly rankings on them either, just wins/losses.   Thanks for making my point that the ranking system should be eliminated and the playoffs should be limited to conference champions!  BTW, the baseball analogy isn't a good one.   No pitcher at the MLB level pitches every game and in fact, it is very rare for them to pitch a complete...
First, to address the italicized parts...   I didn't see this game.  I saw highlights and read some stuff online.  You are trying to convince me that with a 7 point lead in the middle of the 4th quarter, in a rivalry game against a team that , as you put it, "was keeping it close", your coach was just trying to run down the clock?  Really?  That doesn't sound like a smart strategy if you really believe the team is just as good with this backup as they were with Barrett....
Nothing is 100% certain.   But you knew that and you also know that you really have no clue whether they can continue to play at the level they have done this year either, so your argument is no more "legit" than his.   What we do know is, Barrett's replacement has 17 attempts and less than 120 yards all season in game conditions.   The fact Urban had to tell everybody his name at the post game presser is pretty telling about how much experience he has up to now.  Maybe...