or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

For the record, hate is defined as an intense or passionate dislike.   Sounds exactly like what his posts have portrayed to me.   I have no  problem with that, so I have no need to try discrediting him and in fact, I was not.   We all have our favorites (and the Pats aren't even my favorites but I do respect what they have accomplished).   Strong emotions is part of what makes fans into fans and without them, sports would not exist.   My comments were directed...
 As I said, your hatred is showing.   Rather than trying to change the parameters when proven wrong, you might as well embrace it....
Your blind hatred is showing...  There are not 8 teams with more Super Bowl wins in the past decade.  There are two, the Steelers and the Giants (who won both of theirs over the Patriots).   Everone else who has won a Super Bowl in the past decade is in a tie with NE, who last won it on Feb. 6, 2005.    In fact, there aren't 8 teams with more Super Bowl wins total.  There are 5 and if not for a couple of fluke plays, there would be only one.   As of Sunday, NE moves into a...
I don't really have a dog in this hunt since the Rams aren't in the Super Bowl but the only undisputed facts so far are that the balls were under specified pressure when tested with a gauge at half time.    It has still not been established that they were tested with a gauge prior to the game.    The NFL statement says:  "Prior to the game, the game officials inspect the footballs to be used by each team and confirm that this standard is satisfied, which was done before...
No, I don't expect the President of Mexico to get involved. But if this was as big of a deal as some of you all, a few former players still trying to be relevant and the media would have us believe, then why aren't current players up in arms about it?Secondly, the NFL statement did not say the air pressure was tested with a gauge (if you doubt me, go re-read it and pay attention to the words written, not what you assume was said/happened). So at this point it is...
You say that and yet, the only people making an issue of this are either media types or retired players..     Hell, Rodgers admitted to trying to get overinflated balls past the refs (over inflation would be cheating just as much as underinflation).  
Good info!   Thanks!
I have to admit I was a late convert to True.   I bought a pair of Stealths about the time they quit making them.   Now I own 2 pair of Stealths and 2 pair of Protos and they are all I wear on the course.    In your opinion, were any of the 2015 models similar (particulary in terms of the toe box)?
I was just going through my stats from last year, trying to analyze my game a little to see where I needed to put in the most work this year, so this thread is timely to me.   So here is is for me:   GOOD: Driving....   Both distance and accuracy..    Both improved thanks to finally finding "MY" tempo.   Lag putting....   I seem to be able to read the greens better from 20ft+ than I am in close.   BAD:    Approach shots..   Somewhere in my quest to get usable shots...
I made a change this year but to be honest, it was solely because of economics.   The course I have been a member of for the past three years, took on a new partner about 16 months ago.   They have been making a bunch of changes to the course (definitely for the better, as far as condition and playing characteristics go).   This year, they doubled the cost of membership.   I expected the course to raise prices somewhat but double was not the expectation.   That course is 6...