or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

I just did a quick google on this..   In 2012, Rory was playing the Pro V1x.   In 2014, he is playing the Nike RZN Black.   I think it's a safe bet he switched balls because Nike is paying him handsomely to play their equipment.  The fact he won 2 majors using that ball goes directly to the assertion that the pros play what they are paid to play AND I think it also goes to show that the field is pretty level when it comes to tour level balls.... I think the assumption that...
One week later and I am a bona fide True convert!!   I've played golf 5 of the last 7 days and worn the Trues every day.  I have really come to like the feel of the barefoot platform and wider toe box.   I'm also rethinking my original thought that these wouldn't be good in wet conditions.   I spent a couple of hours on the range the other day in them, right after they had watered it.   It was fairly moist (not a mud pit but not much better than the worst conditions I have...
38 on the back 9 today. 6 pars and a bird. First time I've been under 40 on 9 holes. Sadly, that was paired with a 48 on the front 9, so I ended up with an 86 on the day....
After reading so much about True's, I had been toying around with buying some.   I had tried on the Proto's at Golf Galaxy and discovered I needed to drop down from a 12 to an 11.5 for proper fit.   So anyway, I found a smoking deal on some True Stealth's, so I bought them.  I gotta say, the first time I put them on, I thought they were the ugliest shoes I had ever seen!   Furthermore, even though I thought they were pretty comfortable to walk in,  the first time I golfed...
Hopefully you got it out of your system......
I took that to mean the path but I might be wrong....
THAT IS AWESOME!!   Congratulations!!   I can only imagine!!   I bet you don't even sleep tonight!!        I am so envious!!
I have Crosslines on all my clubs except the putter.  I love them!!   I only have one set of clubs, so I don't rotate them and am on my third year with the same grips on everything but the driver, which gets changed each year.   I scrub them down about once a month or so to keep them feeling new.
From 100yds and in, my 54 is the club I use the most.  
Shot an 85 today.  Left a few on the course with one triple and one double.  Otherwise, 8 pars and 8 bogeys.   Other than that, I was playing fairly solid (for me).   I had 10 fairways and 7 greens.   Ended up with 34 putts, which included 2 three-putts.   Aside from those 3-putts, I missed a couple of others that were inside 3-foot (stupid mistakes), and a couple of mis-reads.    Over all, I wasn't disappointed in my round.   I know it could have been much better but...