or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

Yeah, I saw it.   I noticed him saying the hips shouldn't slide but the left calf (for righties) should kick to the back and outside.  Thought that was odd..     What got me even more though was his "power of 3" bit.   Jack gave him 3 things in his putting tips.   I can't remember all three but I do remember two were he had his eyes over the line and his shaft was always leaned forward.   Breed got the eyes part but then went off on a tangent.   He never mentioned the...
I am not a low capper but chipping is one area that I do pretty well.    I haven't skulled a chip in a long while but when I did, it was generally because I was using a high lofted club and not seeing the club make contact with the ball (lifting/turning my head)...   I typically play the ball just back of center and make sure to get ball first contact..   What club I use depends on the shot I need to make.    I probably use a 54* sand wedge more than any other club but...
Bumping this for St. Louisans to see..   With the winter we are having, its likely we aren't going to be playing golf, so this is the maybe the next best thing...    Hope some more folks are going..
Advanced Algebra would have to be it, for no other reason than I've basically had to teach Algebra to 3 daughters and, (when she decided to go back to college for a third degree), my wife too.   
Ok, I can understand the idea of not re-negotiating.   That just wasn't how I took your post when you said you would have been ok with a fresh face, new ideas and a few years of mediocrity.  To me that sounds like somebody who was ready to throw in the towel over a couple of losses. Anyway, my comments weren't so much directed at you (even though I quoted you and referred to you).  It was more the mindset that leads fans and school adminstrations to become disillusioned...
Given his track record, I would not have been surprised if Saban had bolted for Texas but seriously, this line of thinking always puzzles me.   The guy had multiple losses in a season for the first time in 3 years and you are ready to throw in the towel on him?   Why? Most programs in the country would love to have that record.  Of the 25 years Bear Bryant coached the Tide, he had multiple losses in a season 12 times.  Woody Hayes had 19 of them in his 28 years at Ohio...
Helluva game! Congrats to FSU and their fans! That was the best game of a great bowl season...
Didn't see the Orange Bowl.   Just saw the score.     Gotta agree with the bitch slap that goes to whomever it was that decided these two bowls should be played at the same time.....   Congrats to Mizzou and Gary Pinkel who is now the winningest coach in Mizzou history!
Yes every year is different and every conference is different, and since you can't play in two conferences at the same time, it is true we can't know for sure.   But we CAN look at the overall records those two teams had in the Big 12 and note that they were nearly always mid pack teams.    Using your apparent definition of success, neither one ever was as neither one ever went undefeated in the conference or won a conference championship in decades.    As I sit here...
 You didn't say they had to win the conference or go undefeated, you said, "It was always whether that good team from a weaker conference would be in that position if they were in the stronger conference."   The two schools came to the SEC as perennial mid-tier Big 12 schools.   The Big 12 is perceived to be weaker than the SEC.  Given that nobody went undefeated in the SEC this year, or last, requiring an undefeated record in order to qualify as successful is just a bit...