or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

I gave it up but I used to dip (Skoal, long cut straight was my favorite) and never spit.   Leaf tobacco was another story altogether though.   That stuff would make me sick even if I spat. I never could manage a dip while eating but I could leave a dip in while drinking without issues at all.   Hell, on occasion I even left it in while sleeping. What prompted me to quit was seeing a guy with half his jaw missing because of the stuff.   That's when I decided to quit, I did...
My bag currently has driver, 15* 3-wood, 21* hybrid, 4-SW and a 60* lob.  I have owned a 5w for several years and pulled it when I got both the 49* gap wedge and the 4i.   I recently tried pulling the 4i and replacing it with the 5w because I thought it would be sufficient to hit one of our par 4's off the tee.   What I found was, even though I hit it well, I didn't hit much better than the hybrid and certainly not well enough to justify pulling anything with a higher...
The oldest club in my bag is actually a whole set, 5-PW.   That said, from time to time, I pull a club and throw in one from my grandfather's set as a conversation piece.   It is labeled as a "10" but it is the putter from his set of clubs.  I would throw in the #2 wood but I have it fastened with the driver (both are persimmons with hickory shafts) as a pair on the wall in my "man cave".
 If Taylormade holds true to form, that release won't be next year, it will be somewhere around June or July!
I've had a problem over the past week or so with some "shockwave" plugin crashing and locking things up.    I suspect it is a firefox issue (incompatibility with some ad?) I am running firefox 26.0, windows 8 OS.
The majority of my rounds are played with my wife  (she got me into the game) but there is a group of men who play 5 days a week at my home course and I play with them on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.  
Yeah, I saw it.   I noticed him saying the hips shouldn't slide but the left calf (for righties) should kick to the back and outside.  Thought that was odd..     What got me even more though was his "power of 3" bit.   Jack gave him 3 things in his putting tips.   I can't remember all three but I do remember two were he had his eyes over the line and his shaft was always leaned forward.   Breed got the eyes part but then went off on a tangent.   He never mentioned the...
I am not a low capper but chipping is one area that I do pretty well.    I haven't skulled a chip in a long while but when I did, it was generally because I was using a high lofted club and not seeing the club make contact with the ball (lifting/turning my head)...   I typically play the ball just back of center and make sure to get ball first contact..   What club I use depends on the shot I need to make.    I probably use a 54* sand wedge more than any other club but...
Bumping this for St. Louisans to see..   With the winter we are having, its likely we aren't going to be playing golf, so this is the maybe the next best thing...    Hope some more folks are going..
Advanced Algebra would have to be it, for no other reason than I've basically had to teach Algebra to 3 daughters and, (when she decided to go back to college for a third degree), my wife too.