or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

The course I play most of the time has a rating of 69.8 and a slope of 124 from the tees I play.  I don't know if that is easy, hard or what..   
You are correct that you are both playing from 150 but you are not playing the same shot.   Based on an earlier post of yours, 150 appears to be something like an easy 6.   For most on tour, that distance is gonna be a wedge.  So of course his chances of GIR are gonna be better than yours, just as your chances of hitting GIR at your wedge distance is better than your chances with your 6.   The bottom line is, you are playing golf and Sneds is playing golf but because of...
I agree with this^^^^^   and it was what I was getting at.   We aim for the center and hope to get on the green.   A pro picks a spot where he can hit to but still be close to the pin for a birdie.   Since the pin is obviously on the green, he wants to be GIR but since the only stat he really cares about is his score, GIR is meaningless to him on any given hole.   He'll go for proximity to the hole everytime over just padding his GIR stats.
  AVERAGE SCORE CATEGORY 71 75 79 81 85 89 91 95 99 GIR 12 10 8 7 5 3 2 0 0 % Fairways 81 71 61 56 46 36 31 21 11 Iron...
I don't disagree that Ohio State didn't need to pass much against Michigan, in fact, I stated just that.   My point was (and is) that Miller was only able to complete 6 of those 15 against a bad defense.   When you only complete 40% against a weak defense, it stands to reason you wouldn't throw a lot against some really good DBs.   It also stands to reason that your next opponent is going to dare you to throw it until you prove you can do so successfully and Miller really...
 Against Michigan, they only attempted 15 passes.  Granted, they didn't need to pass much in that game but he was only able to complete 6 of those against a really bad defense.  I suspect that played into why Urban didn't try to pass more against one of the better secondaries in the country. 
Ohio State's poor passing defense was exposed by Michigan and exploited by Michigan State.   Everybody said all week that Michigan gave Michigan State the blueprint to beat Ohio State and it was obvious last night that was true.   So yeah, exposed is the right word. On the flip side, Auburn's pass defense didn't look good either, and FSU has some really good receivers so Winston is likely to have a good day against them..  The national championship game may look a lot like...
Actually, I think they were exposed last week and then ran into a better team this week.    Gonna be interesting to see if FSU can do anything with the Auburn running game.   Goodness knows Mizzou sure couldn't!
 I think you are looking too much at PGA tour stats and trying too hard to correlate them to your own game.   I suspect that if a PGA tour player was to spend the season just aiming for the center of the green instead of trying to hit it close, they would probably be hitting the greens something north of 80% regardless of the iron.
  Somebody needs to remind Auburn of that as well.   They were lobbying for a #2 ranking before they even play in the conference championship.   If they don't beat Mizzou, they won't even be in consideration for #2....