or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

Then forget the consensus national champion and go back to the bowl system/polls.    You can't have a true championship without having a playoff system and you can't really have a fair playoff system if you skew the system to include some conferences and exclude others.     If you really want a true national champion, then set up a real playoff with conference champions and let them settle it on the field.   Anything else leaves open the door for discussions about whether...
Which half do you think they looked good? They gave up 21 points in the first half and 20 in the second.I get the rivalry thing and the throw out the records thing. But that works both ways. OSU was in that same rivalry game and needed to put a whoopin on their rival for style points and not only didnt, they were one play from losing. Michigan State has looked good against some of the same teams OSU has played and they actually have a run defense. OSU will not run...
Ohio State is gonna have to play better against Michigan State than they did today or the Auburn win isn't gonna matter.
The 450 yd par 4 was a hypothetical to illustrate the point that if I play from the tee using clubs that obviously give me no chance at par, I will double it more times than not. I am speaking from experience about my game when I say that. Last year I played for bogey most of the time and my handicap was 24. This year, playing for par when at all possible (again, no hero shots from behind trees), my handicap is now dead up 18 and has been as low as 17.
Damn phone... Can'edit like I need to..... Regarding strategies.. I don't think I am making myself clear.. I don't go out and play hero shots on the course. If I end up in a spot where only Bubba could bend it, I'm not playing it like Bubba would. But I am also not going to play 3 eight irons into a 450 yd par 4 just because I might miss the fairway with a longer club. Thanks to my putting skills (or more correctly lack of skills) that strategy will net me a...
Sorry.. Typing this on my phone.... As I said before, my goal is not just to score lower now but to improve my skill set so I can score lower over the long haul. I hate to lose as much as the next guy but I also know I will need to be able to hit all my clubs and play from uneven lies if I want to win long term and that isnt gonna happen hitting off nearly perfect lies on the driving range under ideal stress free conditions. So I believe there are very distinct...
I didn't mean to imply there is nothing to be gained by the range. Certainly there is. But I do know for me (and speaking only for me) there is a HUGE difference between my "range game" and my on course game. I can hit bucket fulls of beautiful shots with the driver on the range, only to hit pushes, fades and hooks on the course. I even know why it happens. At the range I stay in tempo and focused. But once I get on the course my tempo changes and consequently, my...
 I think this statement is the fundamental difference between you and I.   Your strategy is fine for a bogey golfer who is playing in a tournament or other event where there is something of significance to gain.   In fact, when the score counts for more than just my handicap, I typically employ the "safe" strategy.   But my goal is not just to minimize my score with my current skill set.   It's to minimize my score with a BETTER skill set and I don't think you can improve...
 I agree with you..    I don't buy the idea that "somebody would've talked by now" at all.  First off, millions saw Oswald get killed on live TV.   If the conspirators were capable of killing on live TV, they were certainly capable of killing elsewhere as needed to ensure secrecy.    
To me, the simplest solution is set up a tournament with the conference champions of the 10 current conferences plus the top 6 ranked teams that are not champions (which would give the independents an opportunity to get in if they are good enough).   That would be 4 games to win it.   Since most teams are going to finish their regular season this weekend and the conference championship games will be played next weekend, if they moved directly into the playoffs the...