or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

Got to say, Jones has looked good so far. Still a lot of time to go but he is doing a good job..
Yep.  Congrats to Alabama.    Good performance.    They, Oregon and TCU have all done what they needed to do.     It'll be fun to see who handles business the best tonight..
By that definition, I may never even sniff real golfer status....
 A friend of mine has that heater.   He said it doesn't work well if you don't have an enclosure of some kind because it will go out.     He is looking to replace it with one of these .
 I was listening to the local ESPN radio broadcast today while I was out and about.   The likable factor was something they kept talking about.   They kept saying he was far more likable than Pelini.    If all other factors were identical (or really close), I might understand choosing him over Pelini but something just doesn't seem right about firing a guy with a real winning record because he hasn't won a conference title and then hiring a guy who is barely above...
To me, the two teams who look the most vulnerable are the ones sitting at 5 & 6.  OSU because of the aforementioned QB situation and Baylor because K-State is a pretty good team and they rarely beat themselves. Anybody can schedule top 25 teams but beating them is another story.  Auburn has won 3 games against top 25 teams.  IF OSU wins this weekend, they will also have 3 wins against top 25 teams.    And BTW, I am most decidedly NOT an OSU fan.  I don't think that will...
This is why I didn't think OSU should move up this week. Barrett was 9/29 against VT before turning on the afterburners. Jones doesn't have the luxury of some tune up games. He basically gets one shot to give OSU a chance at the playoffs. If he shines this week against Wisconsin, then we can revisit their ranking. But having one week to prepare a guy who has 17 attempts on the year to replace a guy responsible for 34 touchdowns AND do this for an absolute must win...
I think OSU is overrated, but I don't think 6-6 is necessarily accurate. Everybody (including me) said Mizzou would be bottom feeders in the SEC too and clearly that hasn't been the case. Urban has a little experience with that conference. I suspect he could prep a team well enough to win the SEC east.
I know nothing about this situation other than what you have posted, so I can only go by what you have said in these posts.   Above you called this guy OSU's best pass rusher, which implies he is an active member of the team.   If he is not, and OSU has decided to let him keep his scholarship, that is their decision and I have no problem with it, provided he is not an active member of the team.  I would also not have a problem with it if they had revoked his scholarship...
Not condoning either instance but "has" is present tense, implying the guy is still on the team.   Whereas "kicked off" implies the two UM players are no longer with the program...   No coach can keep track of their players 24-7, so the only gauge we can put on them is their choice in how they handle the situations once they are made aware of them.   We aren't talking about weed, which is pseudo-legal in some places.   We are talking about a drug that is illegal in all 50...