or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

I've played Bear Creek once (forgot about it earlier).  I've never played Gateway, Wentzville, Crystal Springs or the bluffs.   Pheasant Run was the first round of golf I had played in 30 years..   My wife and I keep saying we should go back, just to see the difference in our scores now.... If you haven't ever played the Landings at Spirit, you might give it a go.    It's a links style course, so it isn't long on "pretty stuff" so my wife is not fond of it.  I personally...
[[SPOILER]]
   As I sit here in my living room reading this thread and watching snow flurries fall (after being in a short sleeved shirt playing golf the last three days), I want to thank the two of you for putting this in perspective for me....    I hope some of the warm weather we had and are expected to have again by Tuesday, makes it way to you guys, so you can at least begin the process of melting...
I am presuming that even though you didn't put the percent sign, that GIR number is a percentage since 17 greens and 1.75 putts would put you in the low 70's...According to the "YOUR GOLF" app on my phone, over the past 6 months, I have averaged:55% of my fairways28.97% GIR2.21 putts ( told ya I struggle with the putter)
My choice would probably be Sam Snead.  Mostly because his swing allowed him to keep playing at a high level clear into his 60's.  
 Usually here in Troy but I also get in a few rounds at Incline Village, Sun Valley and once in a while, at the Landings at Spirit.  I've also played at Florissant once and Bogey Hills once and a few courses at the Lake of the Ozarks.  I see you are in O'Fallon, where are you playing? Played again today.  Shot a 94.  8 fairways, 4 GIR's.   After bragging about the improvements in my putting, it let me down today..    I had 39 putts.............  Oh well, it was a beautiful...
Had a few chances to get out and practice and play this week.   Shot 88 on Tuesday, 88 on Thursday (with 9 pars) and 96 today.   Today's round was played in a wind that was blowing about 20mph most of the day, with gusts into the low 30's (according to the NWS).   On a few holes, crosswinds played hell with a few shots and those really came back to bite me hard on the scorecard...   Biggest thing I am working on at this very moment is getting my tempo back.   I have a...
I got a pair of Ecco Premiere Streets a while back.  Tuesday I wore them for the first time and wore them again today.   Unless I am playing on a VERY muddy or wet course, I will never wear a pair of spiked shoes again!   These things are absolutely the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn!
Just a quick bump to say my new Big Bertha Alpha arrived today!!   Thanks again to Review My Golf Pro!!
 I'd make sure she out drove me every time................