or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

I gave you stats which clearly showed Auburn's defense had played against far stronger offenses than PSU had faced, which to anyone not trying to make an excuse for a poor showing by their team, clearly shows that PSU's defense is not even close to the caliber of Auburns.  Yet here we are multiple posts later and you still haven't even acknowledged them.   Even after I repeatedly posted them.   Now, I really am done with debating the strength of PSU's defense.   Anybody...
 Yeah, right.   Needing double OT to beat a team with a 4-4 record, when you are hoping to make the top 4 by season's end.  Yeah.  No reason to pump that team's defense up at all..   Uh huh.   Sure.    Totally believeable...       Keep hawking that all you want, I'm not buying it.  Especially after having seen PSU play several times this year.    BTW, I notice in the Sagarin rankings, PSU's SOS is 57.   Auburn's is 2.   Yet PSU has the better defense?  Sure.  Tell me again...
 Even that argument doesn't hold water.   They are 2-2 in playoff meetings..   
I haven't read the whole thread either and frankly don't think you can really label one QB as the greatest ever.   The game and the rules have changed so much over the years, it is impossible to compare QB's from different eras.    An argument could be made for either Manning or Brady as being the best of their generation and both sides can present enough evidence to support their cause but really, does it matter? The bottom line is we have been fortunate to watch these...
You basically eliminated them when you discounted the performance against them and blew it off as "a bad game" and discount that game's performance as an outlier.  Did it ever occur to you that PSU had a bad game BECAUSE of Northwestern, rather than  in spite of them?   I disagree that the stats don't help teams that schedule cupcake teams.   I showed you that the teams PSU lost to had an average offensive ranking of 52.5 and the teams they beat were much worse than...
 I notice you focused on the Northwestern game and want to eliminate it, yet convienently left off the statistics which showed the best offensive teams Penn State played were collectively worse (offensively, since that was your criteria) than the teams Auburn has faced.   Nice.    Use stats when they are convienent to you but eliminate them when they hurt you.  Anything to make your point, huh?    You should go into politics, you would be good at it. Yes, Indiana beat...
On this we can agree! 
 Ok.   Using your own stats.     Northwestern is ranked 53rd but PSU gave up 361 yds, 17 first downs and 29 points to them.  You can't say the offense/special teams cost you the game when you gave up 17 first downs.   Using your stats, the offensive ranking of the 4 teams that PSU beat average 73rd.       The offensive ranking of the teams that beat them averages 52.5.  But the icing on the cake to me, is looking at who is ranked behind PSU on that chart.   Watch anything...
According to that website, those rankings are based at least partially on how a team performs against "good teams". "Good" is subjective in and of itself. Since schools can be undefeated (and therefore mathematically good) yet not of the caliber of schools who have multiple losses, human intervention is still involved in determining which teams are "good" otherwise Marshall would be in the top 3 and they aren't. Furthermore, humans created the program, so human...
Arkansas is  0-5 in conference this year but have played well in all of them.   Their best win is against Texas Tech..   The same team that gave up 82 to TCU...     I will be surprised if Oregon doesn't get into the top 4 after finally breaking their Stanford jinx...      Hated to see that injury to the Miss. St. receiver.   That looked brutal...