or Connect

Posts by teamroper60

This is from the Callaway pre-owned site (emphasis added):   There are two important factors to consider when considering the lie angle of an iron. First, lie angle should be fitted dynamically, meaning that the club fitter should examine the lie angle when the club is impacting the ball. How the clubhead sits at address has no bearing on performance. Second, lie is fitted after shaft length has been selected because length affects dynamic lie angle – every 1/2" of...
According to the Callaway rep I talked to recently and their website, a half-inch short will make the club 1* flatter than their standard club lie.   But the thing to keep in mind is, the standard length and lie on a Callaway club may be entirely different (I have not researched this, so I don't know for sure.  You might want to investigate it for yourself.) than what the standard length and lie is on the Pings..
 It is still cheating...  The "everybody's doing it" argument does not mitigate the action.  Large numbers of baseball players took PEDs for many years, to the point we now have a name for it (the steroid era).  They tried to use the "everybody was doing it" argument, yet we still acknowledge that those players were cheating.
  So basically, some people have been spending a lot of money to make their child look better than they really are (essentially cheating) and are now unhappy that they will no longer have that advantage....
I have to disagree with the concept that this is designed to discriminate against Asian-Americans.  In fact, I disagree with the concept that this policy will discriminate against ANY Americans, since race is specifically excluded from consideration and the relaxation of standards opens the door to more equality with regard to admissions.     I obviously don't know you from Adam but after reading the link and your posts, I am led to presume you are either of Asian descent...
That's probably a different book series...   I'm thinking that if a golfer can actually hit where they aim, they might not need LSW....... 
All I can say is, I can't wait for my copy of this book to arrive!    I firmly believe this is going to have a drastic affect on my score..
 If you've never had a real back injury, you have no idea...    Speaking as a guy who has had back problems since an injury at the age of 16 (I am 53 now), I can tell you, back issues never go away and they sometimes pop up randomly from seemingly mundane things.   As an example, I have been dropped to my knees in pain from simply bending over to pet the dog.  So if Tiger has back issues, they aren't going away.  Ever.   He will continue to fight this for the rest of his...
I am beginning to think there is no end to the uses for BKF!!!    Back on topic, I have Lamkin Crosslines on everything but my putter.   Most of them are going on their third year (around 150-200 rounds/range trips) and since I seem to find a reason to replace at least one club a year, I typically have a new grip to compare to the older ones.   So far, the oldest ones still feel much like the newest one.    What I do to keep them feeling that way is clean them at least...
Overall, ideal for me is about 75 degrees, sunshine and very little wind.   But right now, ideal is anything warm enough that there is no snow on the ground and the course is open for play....