or Connect

Posts by looseleftie

To the OP, I have started playing a year and a half ago, I have quit the game two or three times already :)   But I keep coming back, had some lessons, in hindsight, they were an absolute WASTE OF BLOODY TIME, I was shown a technique (right sided swing) that it hard on your body, and just plain difficult, despite the teacher saying that this is the easist golf swing out there...   Now, I found this site, and some other quality instruction, check out Shawn Clement You...
Hi, Played yesterday, and landed in a waterless/drained lake.The lake has been drained, and I can get to my ball quite easily.. The lake is marked with red stakes, and I chip ball out of area.. I give myself a penalty shot for this.. I landed in the lake on my second shot, not off the tee obviously, so my chip out of lake was then my fourth shot (inc one stroke penalty)..   New to golf, and thought I was doing the correct thing, is this the case.. If not what may I have...
Just wanted to say well done to Shawn for a fantastic instructional series of lessons on you tube!!! His lessons I have gobbled up and after struggling doing this and that over the last year and a bit, go onto him at you tube .. His videos are logical, easy to understand and implement, and most importantly I understand the concepts of why I am doing this and what are the reasons if I make a bad shot.. I struggled using the Gary Edwin right sided swing for a year and a...
Hey,   I practise every day in my backyard, using a variety of clubs hitting balls into my net, focusing on contact and developing a natural relaxed swing (espeically since getting rid of my right sided swing, best thing I ever did over last couple of weeks!! Was a waste of time and sore back was all I ever got to show for it)..   Anyway was hitting my driver, and I got really locked into a great rythm, and began really pounding some into the net.. After I guess about...
Out of curiosity, do we have an approximation in terms of handicap for golfers? I read that 80% of the golfing community are above an 18 handicap?! Can anyone suggest any numbers here.
Cheers guys, appreciated... both good advice. I'll work at the elbow Kyle, or at least vid myself and see whats going on.   Hey Mike checked your link, I really like the process of the squishy ball underneath your food for that weight transference.. Do u feel like the downswing and the hips sliding with the ball under foot is at the same time, or is there a slight delay with the club creating lag??
Hi, have been playing recently, and practising at home regularly, but seem to be caught in the situation where I struggle to get the transition part of the swing consistant.. I am beginning to hit some reasonable shots, but then theres the common problem that I seem to make contact and the ball goes straight but too much to my left (to the right for a right hander) missing my target by some 30-50ft on 7 iron down to the driver..   The ball isn't sliced, just don't know...
Hey mvmac, thanks for the vid.. Basically would u recommend sticking with this for some time for a beginner ? When I get proficient at making consistant contact then look at more of a traditional follow through later on! Does this sound like a wise way of thinking ? If I can drive200m, 5 iron 150m, pitch wedge 100m and hit these and other in between clubs well them can this also be a long term way of playing? Sorry in advance for the questions...
Still here RustyRed, yeah love the many thoughts/suggestions of posters here, in particular, one comment "better than being at work" has stuck on me, also "it's not my living, enjoy it".. Fantastic, simple and accurate advice..   Have replaced nearly all of my bent or destroyed clubs now, and have decided to go with the flo !!   Enjoy my golf, enjoy it all, the good and the bad shots, as another poster mentioned its all experience..Kurb my temper, absolutely no club...
Hi, I have been struggling with contact and getting consistant with swing. Had a lesson and the last 10 min was spent having a full swing, except at impact the focus was to simply punch the ball, almost like a follow through on a short chip shot..Very small follow through.. WOW!! Immediate results, all of a sudden striking the ball crisp, whilst maintaining balance, spine angle.. It was surreal!!   It felt like I was using minimal power, to get maximum results, I was...