or Connect

Posts by tefunk

It sounds like I need to better understand "out-putt" and what that actually means, along with a better understanding of "strokes gained". And yes, my point was pretty much that those statistics would be meaningless, depending what they're based on. It seems like relevant conversation to the thread if people are debating why they would shoot what score at Augusta, based on the difficulty of the course, and based on the differences between a pro and an amateur. But I'd...
I'm not familiar with this book in any way, so I'm curious, what is that 20% statistic based on?20% on any random hole? 20% of the time a player who shoots 80 will have less putts in an entire round than a pro? Does this take into account GIR (I.e. Do both the pro and the amateur have the same GIR%)?To me, statistics don't always mean much without understanding what they're based on. So I'm not trying be a pain, but would like to understand what that 20% truly represents.
What is the difference between an A game and a C game? Is it relative to a test grade, where an A would be a 95 and a C would be a 75... So a 20 shot difference? Then yes... I'm sure there are enough people on here who's A game is as good as a Pro's C game. If you're going to tell people how they should think (I.e. "Think like this"), you may need to provide more detail. Otherwise it's all very subjective...
I hover around a 10 HCP, and I think I could break 100 if I was having one of my better rounds, but I don't see myself shooting the 92 on the chart suggesting what people would shoot... Unless I was very familiar with the course and having an "on" day. First time playing it, in Sunday conditions, it would be a stretch for me break 100. And I have played "Major" courses, such as Oak Hill CC (one time just a week after hosting a major and they kept the course close to...
Shot an 81 two Sundays ago, and blew up this past Sunday with a 92. I was just awful off the tee!!! Couldn't find a rhythm Sounds like you're still flirting quite a bit Finley, I'm sure you'll be putting down another sub-80 round any day now. Randy, how was your first outing of the season?
I sure would love to find out!!!I have no idea, but I'm sure I could break 100 if I knew the course well enough
I don't know about this one... 18 majors sounds like a "real" golfer to me. Glove or no glove...
Just curious... To those passing judgement on Pauline's personality, and whether or not she is intelligent, respectful, or whatever... How much time have you spent with her to actually have a clue? Physical attractiveness is pretty much all there is to base anything on in this scenario... Which is of course subjective. To me, she's pretty attractive, but nothing special compared to any other woman on a magazine cover. Personally, I could care less who they put on the...
1 - Shoot in the 70s on a semi-regular basis (broke into the 70s the first time last Fall) 2 - Maintain a single digit HCP for the season 3 - Add another state to the bucket list That's would be enough to keep me happy!
I think there are a lot of ways to get there, everyone's game is a little different. Be honest with yourself, and understand your game... Strengths and weaknesses. Try to improve your weaker areas through practice, while playing to your strengths in the meantime. For me, I'm long off the tee but I struggle to keep the ball out of trouble. So I take my medicine in those situations, stay patient and play for bogey. Sometimes I'll just tee off with a 4 or 5 iron if I'm...