or Connect

Posts by tefunk

Welcome Bill. WUTiger makes a really good point, you don't need to buy everything all at once. I pieced together my set over a few years... Largely due to wanting to demo multiple clubs a few times each to narrow it down to 2-3 choices. I'm happy I did it that way, and happy with my set. So... You could buy a putter and wedges one year, irons the next, and woods the following... Just for example. That being said, considering you're 6'2" and I believe most stock clubs...
I guess my point was that the cause is more likely natural... Man doesn't cause the water to run into the ocean (in most cases). From what I understand (according to my Grandmother's travels while in the Navy) places like Los Angeles were pretty much desert-like back in the 20's & 30's... Until man-made solutions were put in place. But I do understand your point, there are potential man-made solutions to at least help ease the issue. I'm not trying to get political...
If the drought is from "not building damns", than it would more likely be from natural causes vs "man-caused". We have people in UT talking about similar issues, as the snow fall was not very good in UT compared to prior years... Most of the water comes from snowshed when the snow melts. From what i understand, this has an impact on other states as well (CA, NV, AZ). There's a lot of talk about shutting down a couple courses because of the cost of the water... However...
If you don't need it in the bag... Why keep it? Same goes for any club
Maybe some nice Nike low profile cargo golf shorts would help with keeping the phone in the pocket hahaI have two pair, they're great
I imagine at some point, we'll see Garmin or SkyCaddie, or whoever create an all-in-one unit that gives you hole layout, distances, tracks your shots by club (such as with GG or Arccos), and breaks out every stat imaginable... With minimal/no manual involvement. Sounds like Arccos is the closest so far to doing all those things... But any of them that operate on GPS are capable of pulling that off at some point. It'll be interesting to see how these units evolve over the...
Typically I'll play the NXT Tour. However, I do stock up on tour balls if I find a good deal (e.g. Picked up 5 boxes of the Callaway HEX Black when they were on close-out for $30 a dozen), or get them as a gift.
I have a mat and net set up in my house that I hit off all the time. For chips, half swings, working on alignment, posture, takeaway, and working on making solid contact... It's great. I don't see any difference from normal clean lie shots out on the course. The big downfall is on the full swings. I have a tendency to pull and/or hook, so even though I typically know when I'm doing it, sometimes I don't notice it when I don't see the feedback from ball flight.
Which is why my advice to him was to start doing his research, be proactive, and start reaching out to the coaches to see where he needs to be to make the teams at the schools he's interested in attending.Regardless what his current level is, the coaches will tell him where he needs to be (versus everyone on here making guesses)... And bonus, they will now know who he is.
After re-reading your post, I see you're also looking for advice on getting noticed by colleges (versus just improving your game). Think about what you want to study in college (or a few areas of study if you're not really sure), then find maybe 5-10 schools you might be interested in attending and see if they offer those programs, and have a golf team. From there, you can start reaching out to the coaches at those schools to learn more about the academics, the golf...