or Connect

Posts by HawkeyeDan

Lets say I get my left hand in the correct position - do you like to see a similar "strength" in the right hand position? Where should the right hand be in relation to the left? Assuming I am playing right hand golf.
    Sorry if I misunderstood your post, and we are basically in agreement whereby I don't think anyone should do something because of a pro - their reason should be I do it because it works for me.  I was more trying to argue with the person in the video - he basically said in essence to stay away from an interlock and then provided no real reason for a pretty broad-brush statement.   You have an interesting take on the purpose of the grip to somewhat weaken your...

I guess I would tell that guy that 32 majors say otherwise...but in all seriousness, if he is using a strong left - weak right kind of grip, I could see how the interlock would make it pretty hard to get in that position.
I am in the same boat as you - I am a lefty who is left-side and left-eye dominant, but golf right handed.  I also batted right handed in baseball even though I threw lefty.  First clubs were my dad's, which were righty's.  I have thought about switching to the left side off and on but never tried it.  To me, it feels like starting over - nothing feels correct or looks correct when I grab a lefty demo and take some cuts at the golf store.   Is there anyone who has...
Just to throw out a couple of items/clarifying points...   The 10 finger grip basically is the same as the interlock or overlap with the exception of where you put the pinky of the lower hand.  If the pinky of the right hand (for righties) is on the grip instead of overlapping or interlocking the left index, you are employing a basic 10 finger grip.  It is the least common grip amongst the professional levels, but there are many examples of people using it...
I feel pretty short now, lol.  I am 6'1" with a 37" wrist to floor.  I am extending my irons an inch (39" 5 iron) and pretty pumped about it.  Got fit to .75" longer, but I thought I go 1" and choke down a little if I needed to.   From what I understand, wrist to floor measurement is a lot more important that height, although taller usually equals longer arms also.  Wrist to floor, although not more important than a true dynamic fit, is important because it dictates...
All wearing gloves.   
I am not sure what the problem is...with this set up you sound like you have a pretty manageable and consistent miss.  Why change anything?    I always seem to hear the "but, will it hinder me in the long run" argument...I guess I say play what works and see if the "long run" happens at all.  If it does, then make some changes.  If it doesn't, you should play some pretty good golf.  Are you looking for justification?  The hole doesn't care about how, it cares about...
I've been Playing Golf for:​  3 years My current handicap index or average score is:  High 80's My typical ball flight is:  Right to left curve, sometimes big, sometimes small The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:  Pull and Pull Hook     I am 6'2" and have been trying to move to more of a one plane swing.  I have spent most of my short golfing career as a 2-planer - and when you combined an OTT move with a fairly strong grip, I have...