or Connect

Posts by HawkeyeDan

Lefty here, but golf righty. I also played hockey and batted righty. Never could do it lefty. I am lefty in everything else though.
Right on - glad they are working for you!
Really?  Are you referring to the Tour Wrap 2G's?  If so, I actually hated those - no offense or anything.  Completely cool if you like them.  Just shows different strokes for different folks!   The 2G's slipped on me at even a hint of moisture.  And I thought they wore very poorly.  Just my opinion.
Hey guys, I just regripped with these in midsize at the encouragement of my clubbuilder. I have to say I like them very much! They look a lot like the original Golf Pride Tour Wraps, but better? I haven't played them in a down pour or anything, so I cannot opine there, in normal conditions they stick to my glove like crazy. And the best part? Made in the USA (sorry brethren abroad) and are only $2 per! Really good product. I will circle back with a durability report, but...
Lets say I get my left hand in the correct position - do you like to see a similar "strength" in the right hand position? Where should the right hand be in relation to the left? Assuming I am playing right hand golf.
    Sorry if I misunderstood your post, and we are basically in agreement whereby I don't think anyone should do something because of a pro - their reason should be I do it because it works for me.  I was more trying to argue with the person in the video - he basically said in essence to stay away from an interlock and then provided no real reason for a pretty broad-brush statement.   You have an interesting take on the purpose of the grip to somewhat weaken your...

I guess I would tell that guy that 32 majors say otherwise...but in all seriousness, if he is using a strong left - weak right kind of grip, I could see how the interlock would make it pretty hard to get in that position.
I am in the same boat as you - I am a lefty who is left-side and left-eye dominant, but golf right handed.  I also batted right handed in baseball even though I threw lefty.  First clubs were my dad's, which were righty's.  I have thought about switching to the left side off and on but never tried it.  To me, it feels like starting over - nothing feels correct or looks correct when I grab a lefty demo and take some cuts at the golf store.   Is there anyone who has...
Just to throw out a couple of items/clarifying points...   The 10 finger grip basically is the same as the interlock or overlap with the exception of where you put the pinky of the lower hand.  If the pinky of the right hand (for righties) is on the grip instead of overlapping or interlocking the left index, you are employing a basic 10 finger grip.  It is the least common grip amongst the professional levels, but there are many examples of people using it...