or Connect

Posts by mosnas

Hey guys over the last few years I have transitioned into hitting down and through the ball.  After some recent analysis of divots and what not I have determined I have a steeper than normal angle of attack.  I tend to take divots with my fairway woods (not very big maybe the size of golf ball).  I know Sergio has a steep angle of attack I was just wondering if there is anything wrong with this, and if it will affect my progression.  My trajectory is fine I don't have a...
So what are we talking here?  Like a 30 yard pitch?  I have about a half acre lot to work with.
So sometimes I don't feel like going to the driving range after a day of work on the course but I still want to work on my swing for a little bit.  What kind of drills do you guys know that I could use and practice with in my back yard by taking full swings?   If it matters the main thing I want to improve on is my out of control slice that has developed this year.
 Oh ya those distances are with roll, 290 carry would be ridiculous.  Honestly I was surprised too as I played the course quite a bit last year and I was consistently hitting a club or two less into the greens.That is definitely true however I golf with a few guys (when we golf its more drinking than golfing) and those guys can pound the ball, mind you we are all fairly young (19-21) and in fairly good shape from hockey.  For higher handicaps it can be tough to guess an...
Figure I should update because all of a sudden my distance has greatly increased.  After breaking my driver last summer I went and picked up a new one (My current RBZ) and my swing speed was about 107 on average which resulted on a good drive about 275.  Now after a winter of hitting the gym my driver distance has increased durastically. Driver: 290 (over 12 drives varrying from 260 into a strong breeze and 330 downwind) 3 W: 270  21 H: 240 4i: 230-240 5i: 220 6i:...
So recently I have gotten a job at one of the top courses in my area and I will be getting free golf there so naturally It will be my new home course.   The problem is that this course was built only 4 years ago so the greens play very very hard.  My old style of play around the greens was normally to play very high shots and have them roll out a few feet and stop.  However I am not sure if this will work around these harder and much faster greens. So what kind of tips...
Was bored figured yesterday at the range figured I would write down my old numbers and see the difference so hear goes.   Driver:        265-270 carry (280-285 roll) 3 Wood:     245 21° hybrid:  215 4 iron:        210 5 iron:        200 6 iron         190 7 iron         175 8 iron         165 9 iron         155 PW           130-150 (most comfortable wedge to use) GW           120 SW           110 LW            100
Just my personal experience take it however you like.  I bought a driver about 4 years ago and was measuring at about a 94-96mph swing speed.  Since then I have started lifting considerably and boosted my current driver speed to a controlled 109mph to a 114mph speed if I put a little more umph into it.   I personally don't like the idea of swinging harder to increase your swing speed because with more speed comes more misses and less control with your club.  To...
Alright well due to a golf game down supremely South I am in desperate for any help and am about 2 bad rounds away from completely reworking a swing from the ground up.  I have developed an extreme slice with not only my driver but my lower irons as well.  The problem Is no matter how much I close my clubface I still slice.  And It seems that the further left I aim the more right it goes, this tells me that clearly I am coming across the ball and putting side...
I agree with this guy Ci11 are a great set of irons.  If money is no object by all means go for the Titleist, but if you are on a bit of a budget check out some Adams CB or A12 you can probably pick them up for cheaper and they are amazing irons.  Long story short try out tons of different clubs and someone of your caliber (or any caliber) will notice the biggest difference if you get fit properly for shaft length and shaft type and model.